Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There surely will be more prophets as the Bible states:
(New Testament | Revelation 11:4 - 12)

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Obviously. for in the end times, there will be dreams and visions---but they must agree with what came before, or it is not of God. We are to try the soi8rits to see if they are of God. JS never tried Moroni and Moroni stands as the fulfillment of
2Co_11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
And he will do it again. And why not, it's worked before and he knows a good formula when he sees it.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Obviously. for in the end times, there will be dreams and visions---but they must agree with what came before, or it is not of God. We are to try the soi8rits to see if they are of God. JS never tried Moroni and Moroni stands as the fulfillment of
2Co_11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
And he will do it again. And why not, it's worked before and he knows a good formula when he sees it.
Moroni said this and I believe him:
(Book of Mormon | Moroni 7:11 - 19)

11 For behold, a bitter fountain cannot bring forth good water; neither can a good fountain bring forth bitter water; wherefore, a man being a servant of the devil cannot follow Christ; and if he follow Christ he cannot be a servant of the devil.
12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.
13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.
14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.
15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.
16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.
18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.
19 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

11 For behold, a bitter fountain cannot bring forth good water; neither can a good fountain bring forth bitter water; wherefore, a man being a servant of the devil cannot follow Christ; and if he follow Christ he cannot be a servant of the devil.
12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.
13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.
14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.
15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.
16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.
18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.
19 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.

Talk is cheap---proof is in the pudding, and this pudding doesn't set. God was never human before He became God. Jesus is not a grandson, much less great, great, great grandson---and anyone that gets a gift of an apron from Satan, is definitely not of God.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Talk is cheap---proof is in the pudding, and this pudding doesn't set. God was never human before He became God. Jesus is not a grandson, much less great, great, great grandson---and anyone that gets a gift of an apron from Satan, is definitely not of God.
So Jesus was not human or not God? What is the apron from Satan? Is it this:
(Old Testament | Genesis 3:7)

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
(New Testament | Luke 6:43 - 46)

43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
46 ¶ And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So Jesus was not human or not God? What is the apron from Satan? Is it this:

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Jesus became human was not human before that. Jesus was never a grandson. God the Father was never, ever in any way shape or form human with a father, who had a father, who had a father.....
He can't always have existed as God, but be a human with a human father who then becomes God.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus became human was not human before that. Jesus was never a grandson. God the Father was never, ever in any way shape or form human with a father, who had a father, who had a father.....
He can't always have existed as God, but be a human with a human father who then becomes God.
Why not, wasn't Jesus always God? Didn't Jesus have a human mother? Aren't all things possible with God?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What is the apron from Satan? Is it this:

"After the actors in the film or live performance have eaten the fruit and then hear "Father" (the LDS god) coming back down into the garden, Lucifer advises them, "See, you are naked. Take some fig leaves and make you aprons. Father will see your nakedness. Quick! Hide!" (Sackett, p.28).
Adam responds by agreeing with Lucifer and saying, "Come, let us hide." Immediately after this the narrative stops, and all temple patrons are advised to put on their aprons. This is the first item of ceremonial clothing put on in the endowment (other than the temple garment, which was added earlier in the initiatory work).
This apron is later removed and placed over the robes of the holy priesthood, which are pure white (Scakett, p.37). It remains a striking, key feature of the priesthood robes worn by either men or women in the temple. Faithful temple Mormons are also buried in their robes, including the apron." (Decker's Complete Handbook on Mormonism, Ed Decker, 1995, Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon, pg. 53)
"We then hear Adam ask a somewhat odd, out-of-context question: "What is that apron you have on?" Lucifer replies, "It is an emblem of my power and priesthoods." In case anybody missed this assertion, Adam inquires incredulously: "Priesthoods?" Lucifer nods with pontifical finality. "Yes, priesthoods!" Then, without any further discussion of his apron, Lucifer commands Adam and Eve to put on their aprons. At this moment the temple initiates are instructed to put on their own aprons. So now we are all decked out in what has just been described as the symbol of Satan's power and priesthoods! Mormons wear the apron for the rest of the temple ceremony; they are, in fact, buried in full temple clothing, including the Luciferian apron." (Mormonism's Temple of Doom, Schnoebelen & Spencer, Through the Maze, Boise, Idaho, 1987, pgs.20-21)
"In the endowment, Adam challenges Lucifer as to the nature of the apron he is wearing. Lucifer replies arrogantly that it is the "symbol of my power and Priesthoods." This is key, because LDS theology knows of only two priesthoods, the Aaronic priesthood and the Melchizedek. Yet Lucifer is identifying these priesthoods as his. Adam seems as puzzled as the temple patrons are and asks, "Priesthoods?"
Lucifer simply replies with enigmatic finality: "Yes, Priesthoods," as if that answered all questions (Sackett, p.28). Of course, all it does is raise serious questions. If Lucifer is fallen, what is he doing with an emblem of the priesthood? Supposedly, in LDS doctrine, no unrighteous person can hold the priesthood (Doctrine and Covenants 121:34-37), and yet here it seems that the most unrighteous one of all is holding it. Additionally, no one can hold the priesthood without a physical tabernacle (body), yet Lucifer has been eternally denied a tabernacle of flesh. Why does the Lord allow him to wear an apron, which is the symbol of his priesthoods? These are not easy questions for the temple patron to answer.
Within seconds of this dialogue, temple patrons are asked to put on aprons which are identical to Lucifer's except for color and to continue to wear them as part of their "garments of the holy priesthood." It is no wonder some temple patrons come away a bit uneasy with the entire episode.
Additionally, it is undeniable that this kind of apron has a long and very dubious history as a central artifact in Freemasonry, ceremonial magic, and occultism (Schnoebelen & Spencer, 1987, pp. 20-23).

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Why not, wasn't Jesus always God? Didn't Jesus have a human mother? Aren't all things possible with God?

Jesus was always God just as His Father was always God--neither one was human before becoming God. If you can not see the absurdity of God being human before being --God, yet claim to have always been God----I can not even state how that sounds or you would report me!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying the apron made of fig leaves that Adam wore is Satanic? It is apparent that Scakett and Schnoebelen & Spencer were unable to understand the meaning of the apron. It is much the same as an atheist trying to understand the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was always God just as His Father was always God--neither one was human before becoming God. If you can not see the absurdity of God being human before being --God, yet claim to have always been God----I can not even state how that sounds or you would report me!
There are still many things we do not understand completely although I believe we have always existed in one form or another. I also believe we will not be judged by God on the things we do not understand. This life is for us to glorify God and do the will of God the Father. The Bible states:
(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I do not have permission to go there. However as the Bible stated Jesus Christ was not the last prophet.

Here it is:

ORIGINAL SIN

Mormons:

“Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the whole need no physician, but they that are sick; wherefore, little children are whole, for they are not capable of committing sin; wherefore the curse of Adam is taken from them in me, that it hath no power over them; and the law of circumcision is done away in me” (Book of Morori, chapter 8.8)

The Holy Bible:

“Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me” (Psalm 51:5)

“Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned” (Romans 5:12)

“What is man, that he can be pure? Or he who is born of a woman, that he can be righteous?” (Job 15:14)

None is righteous, no, not one…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3: 10, 23)

ALL humans are BORN as sinners, because NONE are “righteous” until they are “born again”. From the time of their “conception”, they inherit a sinful human nature, which, until redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, cannot enter heaven. There is not a single verse in the Holy Bible, that teaches that any human is born “sinless”.

WORKS SALVATION

Mormons

“For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do” (2 Nephi 25:23)

“"Besides repentance, our works also include receiving ordinances, keeping covenants, and serving others. While these works are necessary for salvation, they aren’t sufficient. They are not enough because we can’t live perfect lives, but we can do our best to live righteously. By doing so, we invite the Lord’s grace into our lives and qualify for the gift of salvation." (Tough Topics: Are You Saved by Grace or Works? - new-era)

The Holy Bible:

“For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.” (Romans 3:20)

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

“But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to His own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:4-5)

“But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace” (Romans 11:6)

All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one” (Romans 3:12)

“We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away” (Isaiah 64:6)

No Scripture anywhere teaches that our “good works” can “merit” in any way towards our salvation. It is based on PURE GRACE and the Finished Work of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His Birth, Life, Death and Ascension. James chapter 2 is speaking of “brothers”, and therefore to “works” done after salvation.

GOD THE FATHER

Mormons:

“Regarding them the Prophet Joseph Smith taught: "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's” (Holy Ghost - The Encyclopedia of Mormonism)

The Holy Bible:

“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” (John 4:23-24)

There is not a single verse in the entire Holy Bible, in Its 66 Books, from Genesis to Revelation, that even hints that God the Father has a tangible body of “flesh and bones”. No amount of explaining of this blatant heresy of Joseph Smith, can show otherwise.

THE CRUCIFIXION OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

Mormons:

“And he said unto me that while the thunder and the lightning lasted, and the tempest, that these things should be, and that darkness should cover the face of the whole earth for the space of three days

The Holy Bible:

“Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land until the ninth hour” (Matthew 27:45)

“And when the sixth hour had come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour" (Mark 15:33)

“It was now about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour” (Luke 23:44)

The testimony of the Infallible, Inerrant, Unshakable Word of Almighty God, the Holy Bible, says very clearly, that the darkness that covered the land, was for three HOURS, and NOT three DAYS.

JESUS WENT TO AMERICA

Mormons

"The Book of Mormon is a book of scripture that details God’s teachings to people who lived in the Americas from about 600 BC to AD 400. The Book of Mormon serves as a companion to the Bible’s teachings. An example of that companionship is found in both the foretelling of Christ’s birth and in Christ’s visit to the Americas...Christ’s appearance in the Americas was important because it represented a complete fulfillment of the covenant God made with Abraham and, by extension, with all who believe in Jesus Christ...This is the reason Christ visited the Americas—to fulfill the Abrahamic covenant by extending the blessings to all of Abraham’s posterity.(What Jesus Christ’s Visit to the Americas Means for Us)

The Holy Bible

Not even ONE verse in the Holy Bible, says anything about Jesus Christ ever visiting America. This is pure false, and has no basis from the Ultimate Word of God, the Holy Bible.

Conclusive evidence from the teachings of Mormonism that show that their book and Joseph Smith are NOT from Almighty God, the God of the Holy Bible, and therefore FALSE.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So you are saying the apron made of fig leaves that Adam wore is Satanic? It is apparent that Scakett and Schnoebelen & Spencer were unable to understand the meaning of the apron. It is much the same as an atheist trying to understand the Bible.

Why do you think we need Satan's help with anything? Adam and Eve's eyes were opened and they realized they were naked and they said to make themselves fig leaves to cover themselves with. Satan did not do that, they did, it was not a wicked thing to cover up now that they realized they were naked and God Himself made them coverings of animal skins. The apron that Satan wears in this ceremony is of his own
making and has nothing to do with God. It is a sign of his Satanic Priesthood that you are copying, not that of God's! The ceremony clearly shows it and yet you do not see it is not Sacket and Schnoebelen and Spencer that can't see but Mormons!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I do not have permission to go there. However as the Bible stated Jesus Christ was not the last prophet.

"built on the Foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the Cornerstone" (Ephesians 2:20)

The Apostles and Prophets of the Holy Bible are here clearly said to be the "Foundation" of the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. In which case they cannot be the "Building", which the Church is.

Jesus Himself says, "For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied UNTIL John" (Matthew 11:13). "until" is from the Greek conjunction, "ἕως", which is used to denote, "expressing the point of Time up to which an action goes, with reference to the end of the action" (Liddell and Scott; Greek lexicon)

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There are still many things we do not understand completely although I believe we have always existed in one form or another. I also believe we will not be judged by God on the things we do not understand. This life is for us to glorify God and do the will of God the Father. The Bible states:
(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

No--we will not be judged for what we do not understand---but we will be judged for what is clearly shown and we refuse to accept it. And we will be held accountable for twisting what truth is there and making up our own. God is clear. God is not a man, there is no God before Him nor after Him, Jesus is not the grandson of some human who became God but the One and only Son of God the Father. Jesus clearly states God the Father is spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

WHO is Moroni? ALL of these reference that you quote, are no more than HUMAN words, and have NO value compared to the Infallible, Inerrant, Unique, Word of Almighty God, the Holy Bible. The words you quote above are NO better than what I say!

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
TheBibleIsTruth, do you care about truth enough to get your facts straight about what LDS believe?
This post does not have the facts straight.

feel free to show where I am wrong. ONLY from the Holy Bible. I will not listen to anything that contradicts God's ONLY Word to the human race.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
. I will not listen to anything that contradicts God's ONLY Word to the human race.
This isn't said in the Bible.
ORIGINAL SIN

Mormons:

“Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the whole need no physician, but they that are sick; wherefore, little children are whole, for they are not capable of committing sin; wherefore the curse of Adam is taken from them in me, that it hath no power over them; and the law of circumcision is done away in me” (Book of Morori, chapter 8.8)

The Holy Bible:

“Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me” (Psalm 51:5)

“Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned” (Romans 5:12)

“What is man, that he can be pure? Or he who is born of a woman, that he can be righteous?” (Job 15:14)

None is righteous, no, not one…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3: 10, 23)

ALL humans are BORN as sinners, because NONE are “righteous” until they are “born again”. From the time of their “conception”, they inherit a sinful human nature, which, until redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, cannot enter heaven. There is not a single verse in the Holy Bible, that teaches that any human is born “sinless”.
Comparing apples and oranges, not an actual contribution at all.
WORKS SALVATION

Mormons

“For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do” (2 Nephi 25:23)

“"Besides repentance, our works also include receiving ordinances, keeping covenants, and serving others. While these works are necessary for salvation, they aren’t sufficient. They are not enough because we can’t live perfect lives, but we can do our best to live righteously. By doing so, we invite the Lord’s grace into our lives and qualify for the gift of salvation." (Tough Topics: Are You Saved by Grace or Works? - new-era)

The Holy Bible:

“For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.” (Romans 3:20)

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

“But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to His own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:4-5)

“But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace” (Romans 11:6)

All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one” (Romans 3:12)

“We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away” (Isaiah 64:6)

No Scripture anywhere teaches that our “good works” can “merit” in any way towards our salvation. It is based on PURE GRACE and the Finished Work of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His Birth, Life, Death and Ascension. James chapter 2 is speaking of “brothers”, and therefore to “works” done after salvation.
LDS don't teach that works merit salvation. This has been explained to you main times now and you've ignored that fact.
GOD THE FATHER

Mormons:

“Regarding them the Prophet Joseph Smith taught: "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's” (Holy Ghost - The Encyclopedia of Mormonism)

The Holy Bible:

“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” (John 4:23-24)

There is not a single verse in the entire Holy Bible, in Its 66 Books, from Genesis to Revelation, that even hints that God the Father has a tangible body of “flesh and bones”. No amount of explaining of this blatant heresy of Joseph Smith, can show otherwise.
The Bible does not say "The Father is a personage of Spirit". John 4 isn't making claims about the nature of God, rather about moving to the higher law of worship with the heart. Again, this has already been explained to you by multiple people.
THE CRUCIFIXION OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

Mormons:

“And he said unto me that while the thunder and the lightning lasted, and the tempest, that these things should be, and that darkness should cover the face of the whole earth for the space of three days

The Holy Bible:

“Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land until the ninth hour” (Matthew 27:45)

“And when the sixth hour had come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour" (Mark 15:33)

“It was now about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour” (Luke 23:44)

The testimony of the Infallible, Inerrant, Unshakable Word of Almighty God, the Holy Bible, says very clearly, that the darkness that covered the land, was for three HOURS, and NOT three DAYS.
This isn't a contradiction at all. Rather it's one account of events that happen in one place, and a second account of events which happened in a second place thousands of miles away.
JESUS WENT TO AMERICA

Mormons

"The Book of Mormon is a book of scripture that details God’s teachings to people who lived in the Americas from about 600 BC to AD 400. The Book of Mormon serves as a companion to the Bible’s teachings. An example of that companionship is found in both the foretelling of Christ’s birth and in Christ’s visit to the Americas...Christ’s appearance in the Americas was important because it represented a complete fulfillment of the covenant God made with Abraham and, by extension, with all who believe in Jesus Christ...This is the reason Christ visited the Americas—to fulfill the Abrahamic covenant by extending the blessings to all of Abraham’s posterity.(What Jesus Christ’s Visit to the Americas Means for Us)

The Holy Bible

Not even ONE verse in the Holy Bible, says anything about Jesus Christ ever visiting America. This is pure false, and has no basis from the Ultimate Word of God, the Holy Bible.
Illogical misapplication of Sola Scriptura. Under your logic, I want to see where in the Bible it explained to me that the Earth is round and the moon's gravity creates the tides.
Conclusive evidence from the teachings of Mormonism that show that their book and Joseph Smith are NOT from Almighty God, the God of the Holy Bible, and therefore FALSE.
Not so much.
"built on the Foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the Cornerstone" (Ephesians 2:20)

The Apostles and Prophets of the Holy Bible are here clearly said to be the "Foundation" of the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. In which case they cannot be the "Building", which the Church is.

Jesus Himself says, "For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied UNTIL John" (Matthew 11:13). "until" is from the Greek conjunction, "ἕως", which is used to denote, "expressing the point of Time up to which an action goes, with reference to the end of the action" (Liddell and Scott; Greek lexicon)
And none of this contradicts the fact that Christ is not the last prophet, or that the Bible clearly talks about revelation and prophets after Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0