✟80,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Bible 1.gif
3 And because my words shall hiss forth—many of the Gentiles shall say: A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible...

10 Wherefore, because you have a Bible you need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need you suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 29

I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.

Joseph Smith, History of the Church, 4:461

That was before he had other "revelations."

Even though some of you may be fully occupied with families and have little time for other things at this stage of your lives, you can enlarge your minds and broaden your understanding through the reading of good books . . . You may think you are too busy. Ten or fifteen minutes a day with the scriptures, and particularly with the Book of Mormon, can give you marvelous understanding of the power of the Almighty for the blessing of His children.

Gordon B. Hinckley, “Rise to the Stature of the Divine within You,” Ensign, Nov 1989, 94

There is an overwhelming lack of understanding in the world in relation to these principles of salvation and exaltation given to prepare mankind for a place in the kingdom of God, and this lack causes many to stumble. There is no excuse on the part of members of the Church, for they have received the necessary revelation directly from the heavens in this Dispensation of the Fulness of Times. The great mission of the Son of God has been revealed in the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants more clearly than any other place. Many passages that have been misunderstood, and therefore mistranslated in the Bible, are clarified in these sacred volumes.

Joseph Fielding Smith, Answers to Gospel Questions, 5 vols. (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1957-1966), 4:

This is what the Book of Mormon teaches about the Bible:

24 And the angel of the Lord said unto me: Thou hast beheld that the book proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew; and when it proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew it contained the fulness of the gospel of the Lord, of whom the twelve apostles bear record; and they bear record according to the truth which is in the Lamb of God.

25 Wherefore, these things go forth from the Jews in purity unto the Gentiles, according to the truth which is in God.

26 And after they go forth by the hand of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, from the Jews unto the Gentiles, thou seest the formation of that great and abominable church, which is most abominable above all other churches; for behold, they have taken away from the gospel of the Lamb many parts which are plain and most precious; and also many covenants of the Lord have they taken away.

27 And all this have they done that they might pervert the right ways of the Lord, that they might blind the eyes and harden the hearts of the children of men.

28 Wherefore, thou seest that after the book hath gone forth through the hands of the great and abominable church, that there are many plain and precious things taken away from the book, which is the book of the Lamb of God.

29 And after these plain and precious things were taken away it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious things which have been taken out of the book, which were plain unto the understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which is in the Lamb of God—because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.

32 Neither will the Lord God suffer that the Gentiles shall forever remain in that awful state of blindness, which thou beholdest they are in, because of the plain and most precious parts of the gospel of the Lamb which have been kept back by that abominable church, whose formation thou hast seen...

40 And the angel spake unto me, saying: These last records, which thou hast seen among the Gentiles, shall establish the truth of the first, which are of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, and shall make known the plain and precious things which have been taken away from them; and shall make known to all kindreds, tongues, and people, that the Lamb of God is the Son of the Eternal Father, and the Savior of the world; and that all men must come unto him, or they cannot be saved.

41 And they must come according to the words which shall be established by the mouth of the Lamb; and the words of the Lamb shall be made known in the records of thy seed, as well as in the records of the twelve apostles of the Lamb; wherefore they both shall be established in one; for there is one God and one Shepherd over all the earth.
Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 13

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book of the Mormons is false. Joseph Smith was a false"prophet". We ONLY need what the Holy Bible tells us.
You have an opinion, now do you have evidence to back up your opinion?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

The evidence is in the heart of those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. The Mormons say you must read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it's true. I did that as a Mormon and God told me that the Book of Mormon is NOT true.

Have you prayed about either book?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The evidence is in the heart of those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. The Mormons say you must read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it's true. I did that as a Mormon and God told me that the Book of Mormon is NOT true.

Have you prayed about either book?
I have not seen any evidence that the Book of Mormon is not true or that it contradicts the Bible. I was waiting to see if anyone could show me any evidence to that effect.

I am no longer LDS; I am a Christian saved by the blood of the Lamb.[/quote} Mormons preach, teach and believe in the atonement, so what is the issue there?

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Because there is only ONE Word of Almighty God and that is the Holy Bible. There are NO prophets after the New Testament closed. Therefore both the book of Mormon and Joseph Smith are FALSE

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I have not seen any evidence that the Book of Mormon is not true or that it contradicts the Bible. I was waiting to see if anyone could show me any evidence to that effect.

Google the errors of the book of Mormon and you will learn something

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

It does contradict the Bible --- feel free to browse.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because there is only ONE Word of Almighty God and that is the Holy Bible.
Jesus is the word of God. John 1:14 Now show me where there is a contradiction between the Bible and the book of Mormon. Show me from the Bible where there is anything in the Book of Mormon that is not true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus is the word of God. John 1:14 Now show me where there is a contradiction between the Bible and the book of Mormon. Show me from the Bible where there is anything in the Book of Mormon that is not true.

If you can't do your own research, you probably aren't very interested.

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Errors of Mormonism

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see a lot of speculation and nothing conclusive that would stand up in a court of law. People believe the Pope is the antichrist, they think that JW could not be saved, Mormons can not be saved and on and on an on. If you go by what people claim then Christianity would not exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Mormons and the Bible

Joseph Smith never provided evidence for his claim that:

29 And after these plain and precious things were taken away it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious things which have been taken out of the book, which were plain unto the understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which is in the Lamb of God—because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.

Nor did he provide evidence that Christ's church no longer had authority to act or baptize in His Name.

Upvote 0