mormonism

Status
Not open for further replies.
twhite982 said:
And I agree with your statement, but I'd add that Luke must have known the truthfullness of what he wrote by the witness of the Holy Spirit during his "investigations".

Obviously Luke was not an eye witness to Jesus, but he did have his conversion to the gospel that according to tradition was so strong that he died a martyr's death.

TW
I am not in a position to say exactly what made Luke believe. I know he did believe and I believe what he wrote.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doc T said:
Der Alter: To whom did Christ preach in the Samaritan city, for two days, after the incident at the well, John 4:5-40? Also the name of the region north of Jerusalem, Galilee, comes from the Hebrew phrase "Galil Hagoyim", the circle of the Gentiles.

Doc: To the Samaritans who could rightfully claim Israelite blood. The Jews did not want to acknowledge it, but they had Israelite blood in them.

Scripture please. Did ALL the residents of that Samaritan town, have Israelite blood?

Der Alter: Jesus was sent FIRST to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Doc: Could you show me a verse in the Bible that states that Christ was *first* sent to the lost sheep of the house of Isreal? The one I quoted, he said that he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Thanks
YBIC

How about three verses?

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Rom 2:9,10)​

DocT said:
At the time of Christ the gospel was only for the House of Isreal and was not for the Gentiles until Peter received a revelation to take the gospel to them in Acts 10.

Galilee got its name from the Hebrew, "galil hagoyim", "the circle of the gentiles." Did Jesus NOT speak to or heal a single gentile when he preached to great multitudes in Galilee? The woman in the scripture you quoted was a Canaanite and Jesus ultimately granted her request. If the multitude who were ministered to in Galilee were Jews the scripture would not say, "they glorified the God of Israel."

Mat 4:15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, [by] the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Mat 15:24-31
(24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
(25) Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
(26) But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] to dogs.
(27) And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
(28) Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great [is] thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
(29) And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
(30) And great multitudes came unto him, having with them [those that were] lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
(31) Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see:
(32) and they glorified the God of Israel.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.