✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today at 02:39 PM Aaron11 said this in Post #1

What is the best way to discredit Mormonism?
The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Visit some Christian sites which expose their teachings so that you are familiar with their beliefs, then counter their false beliefs with the word of God. To get started go to your web browser, Yahoo, google, etc. and type Refuting Mormonism. Those sites will provide you with some good information.

Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today at 01:40 AM Aaron11 said this in Post #4

Im being completely serious with this one. I know alot of the messed up things about mormonism, I was just wanting a wise approach to the subject to use for a mormon you care about.
That may sound like a flip answer but it is true. Those are only a few of the teachings of the Mormon church which contradict the Bible. Here are a few links to some sites with more good information.

http://www.angelfire.com/ms/seanie/mormon/

http://www.watchman.org/lds/moroni.htm

http://www.carm.net/mormon.htm

Upvote 0

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
[pong]*I hope Jodfrey sees this.*[/pong]

I wonder just what all of the mormons are going to think when the rapture occurs and they start to notice some of their christian friends, (you know, the religious rapture freaks) missing. I would guess the real shocker is when some of them actually have their christian grandfather exhumed to see if the body is still there! How are they going to explain away the question of the missing babies and small children? :)

Upvote 0
18th March 2003 at 05:28 PM Didymus said this in Post #6

i wish you success. it has been my expierence with my daughter that no matterwhat you say the mormon has an answer and refuses to believe you. they have benn blinded by satan

Well, that's not always true.  I was one that didn't know all the facts about Mormonism until 3 years ago and I'm an ol gezzer.. :)

You'd be surprised at how many Mormons don't know all the facts and history of Mormonism and of course Didymus your right there are a lot of Mormons who do have an answer for everything, but never give up... pray pray pray.

I still have a mother and sister that refuse to believe they might be in a false church, so I do know how frustrating it is as well.

I quit going to the Mormon church when as a teenager I learned of their rules against dark skin peoples not being able to be leaders of their church (note that "rule" has now changed).  I knew something then was wrong, but I never studied it until one day on another message board like this.

I found out the truth and was shocked ... Mind you I didn't just take their word for it, I read everything I could find on the internet ( the pros and cons ).. and prayed deeply for the truth and the truth will set you free.  :)

So what I'm trying to say is .. if it's the right time and they are truly seeking for truth .. the blinders will come off.  :)

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
thanks JoJo . my daughter was saved as a child. i have had several mature Christains give me reassuring verses to claim but at the present i see her getting in deeper and deeper. I try not to help her with any thing that is connected to that part of ther life but you always want to help your child no matter how old they are. i gave her to God before she was born so I must trust Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
No sorry. I believe in this thing called absolute truth. I also believe in God A.K.A. Jehovah. I do not see how it could be the correct reaction to someone believing in a false religion to "be happy for them". I understand if you (katya) are a relativist that you might think everyone is right in their own way, but that can not be true. Or I could understand if you are an athiest and you think religion is fake anyway, but you should then understand that I have complete faith in God. So again, sorry, I can not rejoice in anything but truth.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
18th March 2003 at 11:40 AM Aaron11 said this in Post #4

Im being completely serious with this one. I know alot of the messed up things about mormonism, I was just wanting a wise approach to the subject to use for a mormon you care about.

The most effective witness is the absolute truth of the Bible.

They believe the Bible is only true as far as correctly interpreted. They are indeed "messed up" but it is the word of God (The bible) that God uses to convict and convert..so stress your scriptures ..make themn search theirs for the answers.

The Mormons I know that are saved , were saved by looking to refute Christans. In the hunt they discovered the inconsistancies and half truths..

pray and share the word

BTW a very prominant exmormon advised me not to read the mormon books because they are very occult in nature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jodrey

Mar 14, 2003
Quincy, Massachusetts
✟567.00
:( :eek: :confused: :sigh:

I've said it before and I guess I'll say it again. It is not Christ-like to bash other religions. Inviting someone to hear what you believe the truth to be is fine; praying for someone is fine; trying to "prove" someone wrong is not fine. It's not very effective either, usually, unless the person already has some sort of bias. Contention is of the devil. No one in their right mind is going to believe you just because you're quoting scriptures at them right and left and not resting until they give up. Try just being an example some time -- it's far more effective. :)

Upvote 0
Hmmm. What do you think Peter did on pentecost? Or Paul in Athens? Or were they just not Christlike?

How about Christ when He spoke boldly against the Pharisees? Or how about when He rebuked the Saducees? What about when He drove the money changers out of the temple and rebuked them harshly for not keeping the temple holy?

I am not saying start a fight... Im just showing you that proving someone wrong is not wrong in and of itself. Many times it is the right thing to do.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today at 02:49 PM jodrey said this in Post #18

:( :eek: :confused: :sigh:

I've said it before and I guess I'll say it again. It is not Christ-like to bash other religions. Inviting someone to hear what you believe the truth to be is fine; praying for someone is fine; trying to "prove" someone wrong is not fine. It's not very effective either, usually, unless the person already has some sort of bias. Contention is of the devil. No one in their right mind is going to believe you just because you're quoting scriptures at them right and left and not resting until they give up. Try just being an example some time -- it's far more effective. :)

It is not godly to allow others to go to hell in the darkness of false teaching.
One of the things that Latter day saints is iff some one disagrees with the doctrine they cry "bash" ..sometimes it is nothing more than apologitics..so let me ask you something..
Was the heavenly Father once a man? Can you show me than in the KJV?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.