Mormon family life: Can any of you guys help me out here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
MormonFriend said:
Do you thrive on creating contention? It is obvious that Swart knew of a difference in these terms and realized in retrospect, a different term would have been better.

Do you thrive on contending with Christians?

Upvote 0

ZealouS

Sep 25, 2004
Utah
Visit site
✟9,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a pointless argument. The man obviously is sinner no matter if he is LDS, Christian, Muslim, Jew. Thats where things should have stopped. The LDS cant be any more responsible for this man than a non-demoninational Christian such as myself. The LDS people that I know are good husbands and wives and good fathers and mothers.

Upvote 0
ZealouS said:
What a pointless argument. The man obviously is sinner no matter if he is LDS, Christian, Muslim, Jew. Thats where things should have stopped. The LDS cant be any more responsible for this man than a non-demoninational Christian such as myself. The LDS people that I know are good husbands and wives and good fathers and mothers.

Thank you! I observe the same among the Christian community that I live in, ... and they are great neighbors as well.

Upvote 0
GodsWordisTrue said:
Do you thrive on contending with Christians?
As long as it is not contentious in a spirit that lacks love, friendship, and respect. I enjoy the same with LDS Christians when we have different views. Without the Spirit of love, the genuine truth of an issue will not surface, because it is the Spirit that reveals that truth.

Now I answered your question to my question, how about adressing my question. What were you trying to say to Swart? You were suggesting that he did not know the difference between "probable" and "possible."

Upvote 0

happyinhisgrace

Blessed Trinity
Jan 2, 2004
✟19,496.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MormonFriend said:
As long as it is not contentious in a spirit that lacks love, friendship, and respect. I enjoy the same with LDS Christians when we have different views. Without the Spirit of love, the genuine truth of an issue will not surface, because it is the Spirit that reveals that truth.

Now I answered your question to my question, how about adressing my question. What were you trying to say to Swart? You were suggesting that he did not know the difference between "probable" and "possible."
OH, I wouldn't be so sure of that. I know plenty of folks who were mean and nasty hateful people and the "Spirit" got ahold of them anyway and they saw the "truth" because it DID surface. God doesn't have to do things according to how man thinks they should be done. He is bigger than that.

Upvote 0
happyinhisgrace said:
OH, I wouldn't be so sure of that. I know plenty of folks who were mean and nasty hateful people and the "Spirit" got ahold of them anyway and they saw the "truth" because it DID surface. God doesn't have to do things according to how man thinks they should be done. He is bigger than that.

It appears you believe that "hate" and "love" can dwell in a person's heart at the same time.

Upvote 0
happyinhisgrace said:
MF said:
Are you avoiding the issue again?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.