Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right before my very eyes.

Matthew 24:6-8
King James Version
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A natural progression of events as we become more global and less localized. Mankind has always sought war simply because mankind always wants to impose it's will upon others. The trend today is to destabilize everybody and in the confusion no one seems to be looking at the true enemy, those sitting back benefitting from it all.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

King James Version
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Yes, it is already written so we don't need to act like we don't see scripture being fulfilled in our world today.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

We have already had so many wars going on in the world for a century, I can't see why the Israel or Ukraine wars suddenly means the guardrails against war are failing. Guardrails don't stop wars. Sure, some wars may be delayed and a few may have been avoided, but in the end wars are part of the human experience. We have also had pestilence, not to mention at least 10,000 strong earthquakes since 1900. Sorrow is also part of the Earthly experience. But hey, why should we worry about end times when 'on a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero'?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

We have already had so many wars going on in the world for a century, I can't see why the Israel or Ukraine wars suddenly means the guardrails against war are failing. Guardrails don't stop wars. Sure, some wars may be delayed and a few may have been avoided, but in the end wars are part of the human experience. We have also had pestilence, not to mention at least 10,000 strong earthquakes since 1900. Sorrow is also part of the Earthly experience. But hey, why should we worry about end times when 'on a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero'?
Yes, all of this is true as far as what we see. But, we seem to be blind to the end game. There is an end game. I like the Christmas song Some Day At Christmas. Listen to the lyrics. This is the end game.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't see why the Israel or Ukraine wars suddenly means
I agree but what caught my eye beside China and India was Kosovo and Africa.

"soldiers at heightened readiness on the border between Serbia and Kosovo; military coups spreading throughout Africa from Gabon to Niger; and frequent clashes between India and China."

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yes, all of this is true as far as what we see. But, we seem to be blind to the end game. There is an end game. I like the Christmas song Some Day At Christmas. Listen to the lyrics. This is the end game.
Good song.

Some day.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

King James Version

Gee, I wonder why it doesn't say, rumours of wars and wars, instead of the other way around? Is the Bible trying to tell us something, like a big attack will come suddenly without warning - no rumors?

Israel’s Benny Gantz threatens to ramp up military action against Hizbollah

It's looking more and more like the northern front with Israel is heating up. Things could get interesting in a bad way.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gee, I wonder why it doesn't say, rumours of wars and wars,
I'm not sure but we are having wars now and with Benny it's another rumor of war. I know the bible says don't be troubled but the cost to human lives is troubling.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure but we are having wars now and with Benny it's another rumor of war. I know the bible says don't be troubled but the cost to human lives is troubling.
Yes it is troubling to watch it unfold but take heart, we know how it all ends. We can hold on to the promise in spite of how things look.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not saying that this is or is not the end times I think it may be in fact, however I am unsure of how much of the news has to do with more happening and how much have to do with the fact we hear more about everything now due to 24/7 news things becoming more globized.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not saying that this is or is not the end times I think it may be in fact, however I am unsure of how much of the news has to do with more happening and how much have to do with the fact we hear more about everything now due to 24/7 news things becoming more globized.
I think you're right. A lot of ongoing conflicts highlighted in blue.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes depending on which way you turn it. Why?
Think about it. When you look at scripture and what is prophesied about the direction the world is headed, we see the spiral downward, like the turning of the screw. Eventually there is no more turning but a stop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

King James Version

Recall He says, in the same place, that these are not signs of the end, but birthpangs.

Paul uses similar language in Romans 8, saying that creation groans with birthpangs.

This world is a world of hurt and grief; in addition to the fact that it appears like nature itself is trying to get rid of us--natural diseases and disasters from small pox to tsunamis--there's the whole swatch of wickedness that we bring, bringing disorder to creation through our exploitation but also in all the innovative ways we craft inhumanity toward one another. Wars, rumors of wars, kingdom against kingdom, the rise and fall of civilizations, empires, tribes; the continual, ongoing, unceasing conflict that has always existed. Not a single moment has happened in the long history of mankind in which this has not been going on. Even in periods of relative prosperity and peace, such as we've experienced in much of the developed world since the end of WW2, which historians call "the long peace"--as there has continued to be strife, violence, war, and all manner of horrible things within and between nations, kingdoms, empires, etc. There is always a war, there is always a conflict, there is always a tyrant here or there, there is always the exploitation of the poor and the weak.

That has been happening, it continues to happen, it will keep on going and going and going until it either all collapses into nothingness (the heat death of the universe?) or there is a final intervention. Christians believe in that final intervention, which is why Jesus and Paul call this present suffering "birthpangs", because the world is in the midst of pain of labor--by faith and in hope we confess and believe that there will be a new day, a new world. Death will be swallowed up in victory, the dead shall be raised; all creation repaired, healed, renewed, restored--new heavens and new earth.

But here and now the reality is these labor pains, this tired old world laboring in subjugation to death and sin, with all creation victimized by it--and we ourselves being victims as well--and yet willing collaborators in this death and pain and perpetual suffering toward destruction.

When we see what we see in news, wars, rumors of wars, political scandals, murder, natural disasters, pandemics, and all the consistent evils and grief of this present world, Jesus is telling us when we see all that it is not the end. There will be an end, He says, but it's not what we observe and predict about the world--it happens at the time of God's choosing, on a day, at an hour, neither you, me, or any other person knows. Even if we could ask an angel about it, not even they know it. Jesus says when that happens, when He returns, when judgment comes, when the end of this present order of things finally shows up, none of us are going to have expected it--it will be like a thief in the night, it will be like the master of the house returning when the servants don't know about it, it will be like the bridegroom coming and ten virgins unsure when it will happen. We don't know when, we can't know it, we can't predict it, there aren't any obvious signs to be on the look out for--it will be like the flood like back in Noah's time--people were just living their lives and suddenly and without warning the flood came. Two will be in the field, one taken and the other left; two will be working at the mill, one taken and one left. People will be having weddings, raising kids, driving to work, planning a weekend holiday trip with friends, it'll just happen. When? In a year? In ten years? In a hundred years? A thousand? Ten thousand? A hundred thousand? No one knows.

And that's okay. And even more importantly, that means go out and live--live now, in Christ, as the faithful servant. Invest what you have been given out there, into others, by loving them and caring for them, and by preaching the Gospel and living like we believe--that the Gospel is, in fact, true: Death is dead, life wins, love wins, Christ is risen.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Don't seem to find any wars since WWII where the motivation wasn't built upon profit. That will not end soon and is a perfect example of man's greed motivating all evils especially when it has become a corporate interest. Actually in WWII the British Empire had to buy American support and that started the trend. As a result the post war era was a boom time for no one but America and the military-industrial complex was born.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scriptural texts and gut feelings notwithstanding, a sober evaluation of the evidence suggests that the last 70 or so years are among the most peaceful in human history.

From The Harvard Gazette (Pinker explains ‘The Long Peace’ — Harvard Gazette) with emphasis added by me:

Violence may seem to be wherever we look, but the perception that we live in violent times is wrong, Harvard psychologist Steven Pinker said Tuesday evening during a talk at the Boston Public Library’s Honan-Allston Branch.

Pinker, the Johnstone Family Professor of Psychology and Harvard College Professor, said we’re actually in a period referred to by scholars as “The Long Peace,” which began at the end of World War II, and which is marked by the absence of war among the world’s great powers.

But that’s just part of the picture, Pinker said. Interpersonal violence is also at a historic low, he said, likely brought about by the spread of civilization, of police and justice systems, of literacy and global trade, and by concepts of civil and human rights.

Violence has been in decline for long stretches of time, and today may be the most peaceful era in our species’ history,” Pinker said.

Granted, this material is from 2012, which is pre-Ukraine. But I suggest that such "blips" notwithstanding, humanity has become increasingly less inclined to engage in war.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
70 or so years are among the most peaceful in human history.
I would have to argue that. In the 70, 80 and 90s seemed more peaceful for the USA in the last 70 years except Kuwait but that war didn't last long.

Upvote 0