More problems for Joe and the Democratic Party as we come to mid terms.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's not what you said. This is what you said:

Do you know the difference between these two statements?

It depends on what your definition of 'the' in your query means.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It depends on what your definition of 'the' in your query means.
Let's say I run a little diner. I employ five waitresses and all of the positions are filled. This means there are 5 jobs and 0 job openings.

One of the waitresses quits, so now there are 5 jobs and 1 job opening.

I hire a new waitress, so now there are 5 jobs and 0 job openings again.

The total number of job openings does not affect the total number of jobs. Do you understand that?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Let's say I run a little diner. I employ five waitresses and all of the positions are filled. This means there are 5 jobs and 0 job openings.

One of the waitresses quits, so now there are 5 jobs and 1 job opening.

I hire a new waitress, so now there are 5 jobs and 0 job openings again.

The total number of job openings does not affect the total number of jobs. Do you understand that?
Picky...I think most of us understood what they meant.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Picky...I think most of us understood what they meant.
Since I had to explain the difference between the two tracked statistics, I think he meant what he said and was wrong.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,680.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
TRY to explain that to the victims. I believe we have a crime problem, the police believe we have a crime problem, even the media believes we have a crime problem.
The police believe we have a crime problem because that means they can ask for higher budgets. The media believes we have a crime problem because that makes for better ratings. But the stats show that while violent crime has risen, it has done that from historic lows and is actually lower then it was even 10 years ago, much less the high crime days of the 90s.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Job openings means jobs that are available.

I have a restaurant with 3 job openings, that means there are three jobs available.

1,100,000 less job opening mean there are 1,100,000 less jobs available.

Can't believe I actually have to explain this basic concept.

It means in Joe's administration there are less jobs available. That is not good news - never has been, never will be.

Do you understand that? I cannot fathoms someone thinking less jobs available is better than more jobs available.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Job openings means jobs that are available.
No, it means jobs that exist and are currently not filled. Any position, filled or unfilled, is potentially "available"; people get fired because a company wants a specific replacement all the time. Unfilled jobs are a bad thing for companies. Do you understand that?

Unfilled jobs means lowered productivity.
Lowered productivity means lowered supply.
Lowered supply means higher prices.

I can't believe I actually have to explain this basic concept.

Do you understand that?

It means in Joe's administration there are less jobs available. That is not good news - never has been, never will be.

Do you understand that? I cannot fathoms someone thinking less jobs available is better than more jobs available.
Too many job openings means that companies are understaffed, so yes, sometimes lowering the amount of job openings is a good thing :doh:

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it means jobs that exist and are currently not filled.

Absolutely incorrect. You can try to spin is anyways you want -

If you cannot see it by now - have a great night -

But Joe is not helped by this news in any way shape or form

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moral Orel

Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is there a record for how quickly anti-Biden talking points fall flat and must be distracted from with other anti-Biden talking points? Perhaps some sort of quiet quitting going on at the RNC / RT sources of this kind of propaganda, where employees just aren't putting in their best?
More likely that Biden is making mistakes at a rate that makes it hard to keep up with him because each new foul up is immediately followed by an equal or grater one.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,643.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Lol, you really don't know what a "job opening" is.
Sometimes it’s wiser to quit while you’re behind, rather than digging in and making yourself look worse. If only people did that more…

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
More likely that Biden is making mistakes at a rate that makes it hard to keep up with him because each new foul up is immediately followed by an equal or grater one.
If they were actually mistakes one wonders why the desire to so quickly change the subject away from accusations about those mistakes when facts enter the discussion.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Too many job openings means that companies are understaffed, so yes, sometimes lowering the amount of job openings is a good thing :doh:

That made me laugh out loud.

A company that’s has the need to expand (having job openings), is better off by having less jobs to fill.

That is amazing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they were actually mistakes one wonders why the desire to so quickly change the subject away from accusations about those mistakes when facts enter the discussion.

We do our best to keep the ‘but Trump’ out,

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well yes I guess they may not be mistakes, maybe he wants high inflation, high crime, high fuel prices, high food prices, high interest rates, a terrible economy, an open border, thousands of kid dying from Fentanyl, and the world facing the highest prospect of nuclear war in 60 years.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well yes I guess they may not be mistakes, maybe he wants high inflation, high crime, high fuel prices, high food prices, high interest rates, a terrible economy, an open border, thousands of kid dying from Fentanyl, and the world facing the highest prospect of nuclear war in 60 years.

I don't think he wants it, but is definitely the results of his administration.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That made me laugh out loud.

A company that’s has the need to expand (having job openings), is better off by having less jobs to fill.

That is amazing.
So there's a company with 100 jobs and they're all filled so that there are no job openings.
Suddenly they need to expand to meet customer demand, so they open up 100 more jobs and now they have 200 jobs and 100 job openings.

You're saying that the company is better off with 100 filled and 100 unfilled jobs, than they would be if they had 200 filled jobs.

Nope.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So there's a company with 100 jobs and they're all filled so that there are no job openings.
Suddenly they need to expand to meet customer demand, so they open up 100 more jobs and now they have 200 jobs and 100 job openings.

You're saying that the company is better off with 100 filled and 100 unfilled jobs, than they would be if they had 200 filled jobs.

Nope.[/QUOUTE]

Thank you for your opinions in input. I believe you are 100% incorrect and there seems to be no meeting of the minds - replying has become counter productive. I apologize for my inability to state my position plainly enough.

Upvote 0