aka northstar
Aug 13, 2004
England
✟12,047.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't meaning to make you guys feel old! I'm sorry!
:(

No worries,lol.:D

I guess we would've started sooner, but hubby and I didn't meet until I was 29, so I guess we've pretty much started as soon as we could.

The upside is that I did so much during my twenties that I'll never feel like I've missed out in any way, so it's all good.

Upvote 0

marezee

cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find both of those quotes very offensive and the epitome of a consumerist society that our children have become an economic decision, a possession, a social status.
I agree

Now I feel old, lol;) ...you guys want to be done by 30, and I didn't get to start until 31/32.
LOL! I had my first baby at age 37!! Now I am 43 with 3 boys!
Finances did not play a part in it for us. and we are done having children.

Upvote 0

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Now, "people hurt their own standard of living and diminish prospects for their own children if they have more than two," Demeny says.

I completely disagree with this!

What amount of "stuff" will make up for the love of children or siblings?

DH's official salary was under 40K last year, and we don't live frugally by any means, and have no trouble. People just have their priorities wrong.

Upvote 0

k450ofu3k-gh-5ipe

Apr 3, 2008
✟10,458.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I completely disagree with this!

What amount of "stuff" will make up for the love of children or siblings?

DH's official salary was under 40K last year, and we don't live frugally by any means, and have no trouble. People just have their priorities wrong.
Yup, my parents were like this for a long time as well (dad worked mom SAHM). We never wanted for anything, my parents always tithed (at least 10 percent given to the church), and they even managed to save up a decently large amount of money over the years. As of last year, though, my dad has gotten a different job and a substantial pay raise from it, so they're not longer in the low to mid income range like they were for so long.

Upvote 0