More Insanity from England

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A dozen police descend on a home to arrest teen Autistic for using the first letter/word in LGBTQ.

Sir Joseph

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2018
Southwest
✟92,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The UK is leading the way in this nonsense, with Canada close behind and the U.S. on the same track. I think it'll get worse - and harder for Conservative Christians that resist it.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A dozen police descend on a home to arrest teen Autistic for using the first letter/word in LGBTQ.
I am Christian, have autism, and am bi and will of course remain celibate, but that story sickens me to the heart why the police would arrest someone for simply speaking a string of a few words. People with autism sometimes don't have a filter, like myself sometimes (getting better at social cues though). Police shouldn't arrest someone for saying an officer appeared to be like her "lesbian grandmother". By the way, "nana" means grandmother in the UK vernacular. Shouldn't police help guide people, and not punish people for saying something wrong? Even in most places, for say speeding, typically a person receives a warning or little conversation on the first time caught speeding (with no fine). So, why would an officer arrest a teen gal for comparing how the officer appears similar to her.

The only time police should arrest someone for speaking is for a (1) Threat, (2) intentional racism or (3) misleading the public. This 16 y.o did none of that, so the arrest should not have been made. Man, I thought the police* in the my home country of the US were bad, same in the UK apparently.

*Also remember, ~99% of police officers around the US and Europe are really kind people and would bend over backwards for society, and would most definitely never pull this stunt. It always seems to be that ~1% of trigger happy (both figuratively and literally) jerk-holes of officers who make it into the news, tarnishing the reputation of the benevolent majority of the police forces.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am Christian, have autism, and am bi and will of course remain celibate, but that story sickens me to the heart why the police would arrest someone for simply speaking a string of a few words. People with autism sometimes don't have a filter, like myself sometimes (getting better at social cues though). Police shouldn't arrest someone for saying an officer appeared to be like her "lesbian grandmother". By the way, "nana" means grandmother in the UK vernacular. Shouldn't police help guide people, and not punish people for saying something wrong? Even in most places, for say speeding, typically a person receives a warning or little conversation on the first time caught speeding (with no fine). So, why would an officer arrest a teen gal for comparing how the officer appears similar to her.

The only time police should arrest someone for speaking is for a (1) Threat, (2) intentional racism or (3) misleading the public. This 16 y.o did none of that, so the arrest should not have been made. Man, I thought the police* in the my home country of the US were bad, same in the UK apparently.

*Also remember, ~99% of police officers around the US and Europe are really kind people and would bend over backwards for society, and would most definitely never pull this stunt. It always seems to be that ~1% of trigger happy (both figuratively and literally) jerk-holes of officers who make it into the news, tarnishing the reputation of the benevolent majority of the police forces.
This culture is becoming a culture of sparrows. If you watched Game of Thrones, you will know what I mean by sparrows. If you erred in any way from their doctrines, they would have you punished by forcing you to walk naked down Main street and have poop thrown at you. This is the mentality of the leftist clown-worlders today. They are ultra religious fanatics who will punish anyone and everyone for not adhering to their wokeism. Thou shalt use their pronouns. Thou shalt not hurteth their feelings. Thou shalt buy into their delusions about men being women and women being men... OR ELSE.
Worst thing is our governments and courts are bowing down to these sparrow extremists, and making laws that reflect and enforce their religious fanaticism. I have freinds and family who fear for their jobs because they refuse to lie and bow down to this foolishness.
Hint... keep a mental list of all those who are enforcing this on our culture. Remember them. At the next possible election... boot them out. Stop buying products of those companies who push this fanaticism. Totally refuse to worship at their pagan alter of wokeism. Just Say No.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This culture is becoming a culture of sparrows. If you watched Game of Thrones, you will know what I mean by sparrows. If you erred in any way from their doctrines, they would have you punished by forcing you to walk naked down Main street and have poop thrown at you. This is the mentality of the leftist clown-worlders today. They are ultra religious fanatics who will punish anyone and everyone for not adhering to their wokeism. Thou shalt use their pronouns. Thou shalt not hurteth their feelings. Thou shalt buy into their delusions about men being women and women being men... OR ELSE.
Worst thing is our governments and courts are bowing down to these sparrow extremists, and making laws that reflect and enforce their religious fanaticism. I have freinds and family who fear for their jobs because they refuse to lie and bow down to this foolishness.
Hint... keep a mental list of all those who are enforcing this on our culture. Remember them. At the next possible election... boot them out. Stop buying products of those companies who push this fanaticism. Totally refuse to worship at their pagan alter of wokeism. Just Say No.
Agreed. Though the same could be said for the far right extremists also, hence why both parties have gone insane after 2016. I don't watch GoT, as it shows too much skin-on-skin action, if you catch my drift, and prefer clean shows. But yeah, we need a balance of fragility and strength, and 2016 was the last year it seemed before our society went overboard in my opinion. Now, don't get me wrong, we need to ideally live in a peaceful, safe society with no bigotry, but being too fragile can cause issues as well. In other words, the far left and far right are insane. We need politicians who are in the middle of the road.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟116,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"England" here seems odd given there is a UK wide parliament which passes most laws with limited powers devolved to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The police in England and Wales are divided into territories. Scotland and N Ireland have their own unitary police forces. The Daily Mail is very much a tabloid rather than a serious newspaper and has a definite political bias being still owned by the same family of an infamous supporter of Hitler and Mussolini before WW2.

For instance, in the article we read (quoting the girl's mother)
'The officer took it the wrong way and said it was a homophobic comment [it wasn't].
The "it wasn't" in square brackets seems to be an opinion added by the newspaper. But this is a news report and so it should stick to the facts of the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The scripture talks about "evil surmising," where the listener has the superpower to assign an evil motive to an otherwise innocent speaker. This young girl had her motives surmised to be evil. The imagined motives criminalized her innocent words to hate status, and people can now be arrested according to the evil imaginations of people who have dark eyes and minds. Usually, people who are looking to be victims or want to lord it over you by any means possible.
Wicked times.
Derek Prince:
“...that in the last days perilous times will come.”
The word that’s translated perilous only occurs in one other place in the Greek New Testament and that is used to describe two demon possessed men who came to meet Jesus on the east short of the Sea of Galilee. And there it is translated fierce. It says they were exceedingly fierce. So, what the scripture is telling us is in the last days fierce times will come. I think that’s a much better translation than perilous.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
West Yorkshire Police Assistant Chief Constanable Oz Khan has issued a statement after the video clip sparked some controversy. Khan said: "We are aware of a video circulating on social media which, as is often the case, only provides a very limited snapshot of the circumstances of this incident. Officers had their body-worn video cameras activated during their wider involvement with this young girl which provides additional context to their actions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
West Yorkshire Police Assistant Chief Constanable Oz Khan has issued a statement after the video clip sparked some controversy. Khan said: "We are aware of a video circulating on social media which, as is often the case, only provides a very limited snapshot of the circumstances of this incident. Officers had their body-worn video cameras activated during their wider involvement with this young girl which provides additional context to their actions.
I see nothing redeemable in this article. It still arrests a child for acknowledging the reality of her nana's behavior.
What did she do wrong? Even if it were some sort of slur... since when should people be arrested for saying mean or unpleasant things?
They are going to have to give us more to convince me they are nothing but fascist police enforcing fascist laws.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Political correctness. People get offended to easily and make words into crimes. It's sad.
You are right. I find it so sad that you can't even speak a certain way in other countries without being accused of a crime. At least here in the United States we have the freedom to say what we want, even if it's offensive, without being charged with a crime. Sure, we may face being cancelled, but at least we won't go to jail for it.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You are right. I find it so sad that you can't even speak a certain way in other countries without being accused of a crime. At least here in the United States we have the freedom to say what we want, even if it's offensive, without being charged with a crime. Sure, we may face being cancelled, but at least we won't go to jail for it.
Give it time before freedom of speech is taken away in the good old US of A.

Reactions: Michael Snow
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Give it time before freedom of speech is taken away in the good old US of A.
We have entered a time when imagined offense has priority over human rights.

Upvote 0