More Fellowship with Soph and Friends (200)

Jul 26, 2005
somewhere over the rainbow
✟372,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
272153195_10226215946374554_2292159668445017366_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Pepsi tastes good. Like, really really good. As long as I sip it slowly, it stays down. And it’s so yummy.
I like vanilla colas more than regular ones but sadly you can't get them in 2 Liter bottles at all. I've found sometimes when my innards are upset colas are better than lemon-lime drinks (for me) not exactly sure why maybe the caffeine or more carbonation or the phosphoric acid in them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Husband is sick again and wouldn’t call in to his work. I think he is going to get fired for no call no show but I couldn’t talk him into calling. So frustrating.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Husband is sick again and wouldn’t call in to his work. I think he is going to get fired for no call no show but I couldn’t talk him into calling. So frustrating.
Sounds like he is suffering work burnout in a sense, it happens when either the job is a dead end boring job or the people you work with are either unfriendly to you or difficult to get along with or the work is difficult and not rewarding and a lot of other reasons. I've quit a job in that fashion when I was working in a very stressful job along with a relative that (thankfully) helped me get the job but sadly over time got to be extremely difficult for me to deal with and in my both poor decision and weakness instead of being a cold hearted jerk and telling that person to go jump in the lake and be continually mean to them to get rid of them out of my life on a continual basis till I stumbled onto a better job I just stopped coming in to work. I do know that part of my problem at the time was delayed grief over the death of my father that I was going through as he had died about a yea prior and I didn't take any time off from work over that only one day because I was up till 4am as I was called out by my sister at 2am as she was freaking out not sure if he was alive or not. It still sort of haunts me that I had to literally inspect/check both of my parents to see if they were both dead as everyone else around woke me from sleep freaking out that they were unsure they were dead. I didn't freak out and get overly emotional but I know I was sort of in shock.

In other words we can suppress our feelings and such in life to a certain point where we literally wear ourselves out doing so to the point when life continually drains us otherwise we simply run out of will to continue and then we end up in a situation where we need to make a decision and if we are too bankrupt in the area of will we simply surrender to the easiest and simplest way out. When you are both in that situation and dealing with other in it, it can be a difficult problem to handle as the help that is useful to the person that is suffering varies widely and it can range from shock treatment to snap them out of (not electric shock) it, encouragement from friends and family, counseling, and so on and there usually is no miracle pill to resolve such an issue.
I'm sort of suffering in that area myself the will to push on against continuing suffering that life deals with us there sometimes needs to be a balance of happiness and joy to recharge us. I think overall Christians have an advantage in that their faith in God and knowledge of the Bible can help us understand and cope better in ways and often though it can make some of us internalize the suffering instead of letting it out and sharing it we often endure and long term it can be worse on us but short term we may be a lot better with it than others.

If it is possible and he hasn't called work I would suggest you ask him if you can call them and tell them for him.
I've been stuck in that situation in life many times when I was sick my desire to worry about work related issues dropped to nothing it was even something that (to me) was actually causing stress that was on top of being sick and my weakness of character etc had me not doing the right thing and calling them and dealing with a stressful situation over a sort of self preservation managing stress so as to help me not feel even worse.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I was just browsing through youtube trying to wake up and stumbled across this guy name Jordan Peterson and it was light a light bulb (albeit not very bright one) turned on in me. The guy is a psychologist/professor at a school in Canada that has been on the news and has wrote a book that is I think top selling (#4 on some list?) I'm not sure you are into that thing but I just started watching a video on youtube that I thought was just a 1 hour show on DocrorOz it is called Jordan Peterson The Exclusive Uncut Interview and I'm about 20 minutes into it and it is opening my eyes to a lot of problems I'm struggling through in life. He relates that society in general has problems because of suffering and responsibility issues. I could go on and on but I think that briefly sums up and over simplifies things. The guy is IMO very intelligent and as I've taken several psychology courses when I was in college long ago that helped change my life I'm very much a believer of the purity of the science of psychology, not the label of a degree that can be like any other abused to paint people into corners but rather the use of studying and applying observational science to help understand human behavior and apply it to life. I think that often we are the best source of healing in our lives as our choices, if correct and our thought process can be adjusted to increase the quality of life. The wrong or incorrect processes of thought etc can likewise cause us increased suffering.

Upvote 0