Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A man in a movie was seeking to bring about a revival of love with his wife, the couple living in a routine where feelings were on the fall. He made her Believe another man was interested in her, without himself to know anything of this. He soon discovered himself, as being the author of Anonymous letters and flowers.
The movie is humoristic.
Nevertheless, do you find the procedure moral or immoral, please?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A man in a movie was seeking to bring about a revival of love with his wife, the couple living in a routine where feelings were on the fall. He made her Believe another man was interested in her, without himself to know anything of this. He soon discovered himself, as being the author of Anonymous letters and flowers.
The movie is humoristic.

I don't think deceiving one's wife in that regard would ever have a good result in real life, and the deception itself is wrong.

Moreover, writing the letters to his wife directly (and following through with their sentiments) would have the desired effect.

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think deceiving one's wife in that regard would ever have a good result in real life, and the deception itself is wrong.

Moreover, writing the letters to his wife directly (and following through with their sentiments) would have the desired effect.
Thank you. That's what i asked to you and to anybody

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The movie is humoristic.

immoral - deceptive in nature - could have a happy ending - could have a bad ending ... depends on the "movie".

Reactions: Its True
Upvote 0

Its True

Dec 10, 2018
Private
✟8,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd call it potentially risky and stupid.

And yes, potentially tempting her to sin would fall under "causing another person to sin." God judges that harshly.

I agree with this. Looking at the situation it seems to me that the man in question had eyes set on worldly things. Thus bringing about his deceiving of his wife and the potential of causing his wife to sin. It makes me think of Adam and Eve at the beginning where Eve caused Adam to sin. What did God do?
To answer your question directly, it was immoral.

• Useful
Reactions: peter2
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The movie is humoristic.

I'ld say that I would have to know more of where it went from there, to be able to answer the question.

Context and more detail seems required.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just a movie! Done to be humoristic..Doesn't give more precision. Thank you

Sure, but I'm guessing the movie lasted more then then the 2 minutes to explain the overall plot... :)

So my answer at this point is that it can be moral, immoral and amoral, depending on where it went from there. :)

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sure, but I'm guessing the movie lasted more then then the 2 minutes to explain the overall plot... :)

So my answer at this point is that it can be moral, immoral and amoral, depending on where it went from there. :)
The movie is "Le zèbre", with the french comic actor Thierry Lhermite, but i Don't know whether any English translation has been done, if you're interested in watching it.

Upvote 0