Mississippi
✟258,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nope, that's just a nonsensical comment if I ever saw one.

If you say that the moon creates and emits its own light, then there must be a mechanism that exists in the moon to create said light. In the sun, that mechanism if fusion. In saying that moon is its own source of light, then something similar must be happening to create said light. What is that mechanism, that process?
-​

What is nonsense is, science thinking they can even began to explain God's creation. When they found out they could not, then their pride lead them to deceive people into believing they actually could. They sure have created and told some big ole deceptions.

As for light so tell me what mechanism Jesus used at The transfiguration or what mechanism was used on Moses. This mechanism is, what is nonsense, and even thinking you know what causes the sun to shine.

His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.

Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the Testimony were in Moses’ hand when he came down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟364,914.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
-​

What is nonsense is, science thinking they can even began to explain God's creation. When they found out they could not, then their pride lead them to deceive people into believing they actually could. They sure have created and told some big ole deceptions.

As for light so tell me what mechanism Jesus used at The transfiguration or what mechanism was used on Moses. This mechanism is, what is nonsense, and even thinking you know what causes the sun to shine.

His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.

Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the Testimony were in Moses’ hand when he came down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him.

Don't answer a question with another question. It is the height of rudeness. You claim that moon creates its own light, so answer the question put to you:

If you say that the moon creates and emits its own light, then there must be a mechanism that exists in the moon to create said light. In the sun, that mechanism if fusion. In saying that moon is its own source of light, then something similar must be happening to create said light. What is that mechanism, that process?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟258,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Don't answer a question with another question. It is the height of rudeness. You claim that moon creates its own light, so answer the question put to you:

-

Oh please get off your science superiority. This is why having discussion with people of science is a waste of time.

I have personally ask you yourself, to prove reflecting light can be reproduced. Like what is seen when i take a camera and zoom in on the moon and its light.

But no you deflect to this science nonsense about mechanism hogwash. So until you personally can provide proof that the moon is reflecting the suns light. I will take that as a you can not produce evidence yourself.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟364,914.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
-

Oh please get off your science superiority. This is why having discussion with people of science is a waste of time.

I have personally ask you yourself, to prove reflecting light can be reproduced. Like what is seen when i take a camera and zoom in on the moon and its light.

But no you deflect to this science nonsense about mechanism hogwash. So until you personally can provide proof that the moon is reflecting the suns light. I will take that as a you can not produce evidence yourself.

You're on a science forum and you're confused why someone wants to talk about science?! Buddy, you need to get off your high horse, and also get off your computer too while you're at it, since it's clear that you have no genuine interest at all. Or at least, go off to the forums of the website these sort of hard taxing, powerful questions won't cause you problems.

It has been explained to you multiple times how the moon reflects light, which is literally just the light from the sun reflecting off the lunar surface, so I refuse to accept that no-one has explained to you how it works.

So I'll ask my question again:

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟182,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
-

Why bother? You have no evidence for your position, either, and the Bible doesn't even teach it.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟258,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You're on a science forum and you're confused why someone wants to talk about science?! Buddy, you need to get off your high horse, and also get off your computer too while you're at it, since it's clear that you have no genuine interest at all. Or at least, go off to the forums of the website these sort of hard taxing, powerful questions won't cause you problems.

It has been explained to you multiple times how the moon reflects light, which is literally just the light from the sun reflecting off the lunar surface, so I refuse to accept that no-one has explained to you how it works.

So I'll ask my question again:
-

Show proof yourself come on, quit backing down.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟364,914.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
-

Show proof yourself come on, quit backing down.

I cannot give proof on a statement I do not make. You claim that the moon can give it's own light, so the intellectual and honest onus is on you to back it up.

So again, I ask:

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟258,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I cannot give proof on a statement I do not make. You claim that the moon can give it's own light, so the intellectual and honest onus is on you to back it up.

So again, I ask:
-

Still waiting for you to show proof that the moon reflect the suns light, by recreating this yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟364,914.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
-

Still waiting for you to show proof that the moon reflect the suns light, by recreating this yourself.

Not a single onus is on me since this is a scientific phenomenon you can actually research yourself. You have this amazing thing called a search engine on your computer to use. So I don't have to do a damn thing for you.

You on the other hand are making an extraordinary claim, and you have yet to even actually try and answer it. Either you don't want to, or you can't, it's no never mind to me. All I ask is that you actually TRY, if you can.
So I'll ask again, and be aware that I will keep asking you this question too:

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟258,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Not a single onus is on me since this is a scientific phenomenon you can actually research yourself. You have this amazing thing called a search engine on your computer to use. So I don't have to do a damn thing for you.

You on the other hand are making an extraordinary claim, and you have yet to even actually try and answer it. Either you don't want to, or you can't, it's no never mind to me. All I ask is that you actually TRY, if you can.
So I'll ask again, and be aware that I will keep asking you this question too:
-

I do not want to research this myself. I want you to provide proof yourself that what you claim science states is true.
So prove it here is your chance. your going to call me nonsense so prove it.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟364,914.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
-

I do not want to research this myself. I want you to provide prove yourself that what you claim science states is true.
So prove it here is your chance. your going to call me nonsense so prove it.

Why should I do something for your if you're not willing to even put in an iota of time and effort in it for yourself. This thread has people already explaining it to you, but you just ignore them and double down. So I see no reason why I should bother following through with you since you lack the intellectual honesty and regular honesty to make the effort to even imagine you might be wrong.

Now, my question:

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟258,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why should I do something for your if you're not willing to even put in an iota of time and effort in it for yourself. This thread has people already explaining it to you, but you just ignore them and double down. So I see no reason why I should bother following through with you since you lack the intellectual honesty and regular honesty to make the effort to even imagine you might be wrong.

Now, my question:

Prove it you can not or you would have by now shown proof.
But i can post proof that i can reproduce the lighting effect i recorded when zooming in on the moon.

But you can not provide proof the moon reflects the suns light.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟364,914.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
But i can post proof that i can reproduce the lighting effect i recorded when zooming in on the moon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟182,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
-

Another science crony , who can not show any proof their self.
I don't have to show any proof, I just appreciate the light as it appears to be. I like moonlight, and if science tells me that it is the reflected light of the Sun, it does me no harm to take their word for it, nor diminishes my appreciation of moonlight. What's your dog in this fight? Right now I can't see how you gain by asserting that the Moon emits it's own light rather than reflecting the Sun's.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟258,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

Ok i have wasted enough time on you and your science delusion about the moon.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟364,914.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
-

Ok i have wasted enough time on you and your science delusion about the moon.

And the same to you on your intellectual dishonesty and hyperfixation on the Bible instead of God's actual creation. Buh-bye.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟246,090.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
-

Another science crony , who can not show any proof their self.
If we insisted that scientists repeat all prior experiments before engaging in new ones then scientific knowledge could not advance. I have satisfied myself by studying the principles of spectography that these reflect (or if you like puns, refract) the mechanisms of light emission, transmission and absorbtion. Using these principles it has been demonstrated that the light coming from the moon shows the characteristics we would expect if it were originating from the sun. That proof is available to you in the literature. If you wish to deny it, go ahead, but don't expect anyone to pay your empty assertion any attention unless you either detail an alternative explanation, or refute one or more aspects of that proof.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟291,944.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Let me draw your attention to a previous post you made.
Since i am an idiot, really why would you care what i say.
With all due respect you are arguing like an idiot.
Seriously do you really think scientists came up with the idea of moonlight being reflected sunlight to spite what the Bible supposedly states???
First of all it wasn't scientists that first proposed the idea but the ancient Greeks such as Anaxagoras in the 5th century BC.
"the sun provides the moon with its brightness".
Sorry to disappoint you but the ancient Greeks knew nothing about the Bible to spite, Anaxagoras was a philosopher who practiced naturalism which was a precursor of science.

Secondly proof that moonlight is reflected sunlight was provided way back in November 2019 in this very thread.
Here it is reproduced in its entirety.

It amazes me how this nonsense thread continues to have legs.
As mentioned previously if the moon emits its own light then why does the sky go dark during a total eclipse of the Sun?

Then there is the data itself that shows moonlight is reflected sunlight.

1714920169960.png

The spectra have been normalised (adjusted) to simulate equal brightness conditions.
Note the similarities in the spectra in particular the Fraunhofer lines.
Paradoxically where the continuum part of the spectra (the jagged lines minus the Fraunhofer lines) diverge the most towards the red end or higher wavelengths is what we would expect for moonlight being reflected sunlight.
This is due to the greater reflectivity of red light off the moon's surface.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0