survivor123

Feb 6, 2017
alabama
✟15,437.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Wife has been stay at home for about 10 years. Has a home based business. Youngest adult son had drug problems but has full custody of his 7yo son. Both live with us. Son not working. Her business is more of a joke and only makes about 10 sales per year. My problem comes from her and son not putting forth effort in taking care of what i provide. House has multiple layers on layers of clutter. They always wreck a car or get a ticket that I pay for. She puts his clothes in a pile in our bedroom?? We are both strongly rooted cristians and have been married 35+ years. Going to counselling for this. I feel so neglected and taken advantage of and we had a really bad fight last night where I called her a moocher. So I'm lost and just need to hear from other Christians. Thanks.

Reactions: rebornfree

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi survivor 123, and welcome to GE! :wave:

I'm sorry that you are having a bad time and feel unappreciated. I think counselling is a good idea - are you both going? If so, you can put forward your views with someone else there to prevent things spiralling into a row. If it's only you at least you can express yourself to someone who will listen.

The fact that you are both Christians and have been married a long time seems very positive. You have a lot of history together, and can put the issue into the Lord's hands. I hope your wife and son come to appreciate what you do, and I'll say a :prayer: for you.

God bless. :)

Upvote 0