United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing. I do not see a reason to avoid the beach. Christians can make sandcastles too :p

Personally, I normally wear t-shirt and shorts on the beach (for paddling). Not short shorts though. If I wanted to swim in the sea I would wear a costume but my local water isn't appealing. Next year I'm wearing dresses :)

I do not think that you would be causing anyone to stumble as there will be plenty of other people there and wearing whatever they feel comfortable in, which might be a lot less.

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I see what you mean,but I am Pentecostal,and we do not believe in showing any skin above the knee or showing our chest or anything,and sometimes finding beachwear that fits that critera is difficult.I also do not wear pants or shorts,just skirts or sports,so its hard to find something to wear.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just wear what is comfortable. If you're going to be fully covered probably stick to light colours so you're not too hot and it'll look more summery and stand out less.

My shorts being long make me look about 20 years older :') But it's what we have do for modesty sake when the retailers hardly cater for it.

Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello!This is something I have been wanting to ask for a while.I am a young woman,and I will be going on vacation and going to the beach.Is there a way I can dress modestly,or should I just not go to the beach?
You can go but you may need to wear shorts and a tee shirt. Although there are swim suits that are modest enough to wear on the beach. My wife and her family are very modest when they go swimming. But they do not stand out in any way so as to draw any attention to themselves.

I had a discussion with my pastor at church about this once. I though that the bathing suit his daughters wore was to revealing. He talked it over with his wife and they agreed with me and after that they would wear something a bit more modest so as not to offend anyone. They are very good kids. They all have gotten very advanced degrees in engineering and science today. I use to be really impressed at how close they were as a family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello!This is something I have been wanting to ask for a while.I am a young woman,and I will be going on vacation and going to the beach.Is there a way I can dress modestly,or should I just not go to the beach?

I'd say shorts, and a t-shirt. Anything beyond that and you won't be able to swim. Then again, maybe a surfer suit. Maybe capris.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How modest do you want to be? The burkini's a very good option if you want to be very modest.

A light and breezy summer kaftkan covers everything from top to bottom

maxresdefault (3).jpg

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums