Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You seem to be looking for broad brush solutions for a very personal matter. In reality (in this society anyway) everyone wants to be a snowflake. Meaning everyone wants to be their own egnima or completely unique from everyone else. So finding a single way to deal with a all males or all females would be a mistake.. At least here and now. If however their was a singular way to deal with rape victims, would be for someone to spend time and get to know who and what the person is and wants, then help them apply what the bible says about forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rape is a hard problem to "solve". Modern society has allowed equal protection for all peoples, regardless of gender, race, religion, et cetera. Sometimes it doesn't seem like that,but society is getting better. Discrimination(not the immorality kind) is necessary when dealing with any problem, not just rape. Men and women are biologically different so traumatic events are dealt with differently. In the same way, any treatment must be specialized. If they are religious, their god(s) are a great comfort to them and can help them cope with such trauma.

So how should a Christian deal with rape? Ideally, love should be shown. Love conquers all and heals all. Love is the light that thins out the darkness. Love is what makes the world go round. Forgiveness is a big part of that, but that doesn't mean the victim needs to heal. We are humans led by a supernatural force, we need time to cope. Patience is a virtue, and let us not forget that we mourn with those who mourn.

Ultimately, the psychology side should be left with the professionals. But we are triune beings, we have a mind, body, and spirit. Let the psychiatrists deal with the mind, the doctors to deal with the body, and the theologians to deal with the spirit.

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My question is regarding how Christians deal with modern instances of rape (both female AND male victims). What do you do with them? How do you deal with them? Are there differences in how you deal with a male victim of rape as opposed to a female victim of rape? Is there a difference in dealing with a non-Christian victim as opposed to a Christian victim?
Rape is the attack and marring of the image of God in a profound way. Ultimately, it is an assault on Him.

I can think of two ways I "deal with" rape:
  1. I take some comfort in the verse "Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.' " I know this does not fit popular precious-moments-style Christianity, but it is true nonetheless.
  2. God redeems. He is more than able to take the most sin-damaged, tormented, and crushed life and redeem it and make it healthy, joyful, and whole. He is able to take the damage of the most horrific sin and us it to make something beautiful. He did it with the torture and death of his own son.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.