teddyv

gneiss guy
Aug 3, 2009
✟9,351.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy model railroading and have a small HO layout currently. I have not paid much attention to the market for a while, but the costs are definitely quite a bit higher, but if you can work with the raw materials, that can keep costs down.

HO freight cars are getting ridiculous. Granted they are beautifully detailed and painted, but $20-40 for a single car is a bit much for most pocketbooks. A modest 25 car train can cost up to $1000, excluding locomotives. Digital Command Control is the big thing as well now. Fantastic for operations, but again, pony up a few hundred dollars just to get started.

Upvote 0

Paul K

Dec 9, 2013
✟8,538.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When I was younger, I had a huge table with tracks all over it. Including a mountain. Sadly I had to move so had to dismantle it. I also sold the entire collection I had. But I still would like to get restarted someday. My favourite type of trains would have to be HO scale. Yeah they tend to be a bit pricey but like many different hobbies, they all are pricey. Something to do while its raining or very cold outside.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums