DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
my friend is going to ask his gf to marry him, she was raised Catholic and is now non-denominational, he is worried she will not let the kids raised Catholic, any advise for my buddy?

If she won't let the kids be raised Catholic he should probably save himself a lot of trouble and find a Catholic girl to wed before it's too late and he winds up in an awful situation where he feels guilty everyday of his life.

I would advise that he lets her know how important this is to him before they get married. If it is important to him, I'm assuming here.

If she's gorgeous, charming, and seductive, you're friend is probably already too smitten to care by this point. :p Men can be the stupidest of all creatures when confronted with a beautiful woman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
my friend is going to ask his gf to marry him, she was raised Catholic and is now non-denominational, he is worried she will not let the kids raised Catholic, any advise for my buddy?
She must permit him to raise his future children in the Holy Catholic Faith and/or she needs to come back to the Catholic Church; my only other advice is this: if she refused either one of these options , he should go look for an new fiancee/girlfriend.( I highly recommend that he go look for a new Catholic girlfriend anyway)

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
he said he does not know what he would do if she said no to raising the the kids catholic, he might just marry her anyways. he is a very staunch and sometimes even bigoted Catholic, I am the liberal one in our friendship, i was kinda shocked to hear him say that

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.