• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think I'm overall getting better, but I still have a ton of blasphemous and evil thoughts. It's gotten to the point where I've unintentionally done things like writing for an assignment "(answer, answer, answer) I'm scared" or be texting and like "(reply, reply, reply) I'm so scared". It doesn't help that I tend to sort of whisper or uncontrollably voice my thoughts when I get too anxious. I voiced wrong thoughts and have terrible fears over them. I have a problem with what I call mute-screaming, basically while intending to stay silent on the outside without fully vocalising I sort of whisper scream and tear up my throat a lot.

Honestly sometimes I wonder if I was ever even saved. Thinking about the catholic perfect contrition (which I've heard defined as sorry for your sin NOT out of fear of hell or punishment but because you wronged an innocent, holy, perfect God who deserves better). Lots of people tell me, like my pastor when I was crying about the unforgivable sin (Matthew 12:31-32, Mark 3:28-30, Luke 12:10), and say "But you're so upset by your sin! You must be saved." I'm terrified. I don't think terror is a sign that you're saved, and the other extreme is if you think you might not be saved you aren't because you don't have perfect faith (this view is rare I think but it's out there.) Something that gets me a lot is this website Evangelical Outreach (Dan Corner) and the images on that sight (specifically this one)

Practice Sin | Habitual Sin | Lifestyle Sin | Occasional Sin

Make me imagine God on judgement day looking at me with pure wrath and sending me to eternal torment in the outer darkness. People switch between God only judges is for intentional thoughts or our true hearts and it doesn't matter if you deny the faith but don't mean it you technically did it and are destined for eternal hell.

I never believed in fate (although I believe God is all-knowing and all-powerful, I didn't believe that there were things that could be completely irreversible until things like the unpardonable sin and apostasy (Hebrews 6:4-6)) so this stuff REALLY scares me. Like the idea I could spend the rest of my life crying out to God only to be ignored and cast out because I was stupid and committed some big sins.

Edit for clarification: I haven't done that in a while of unintentionally writing about being afraid or "please forgive me" (within the last few weeks but not a regular thing). Also in case the link doesn't shoot you to the right picture since there are a lot on the page, it's the one with one person that's so burnt it's like more of a humanoid shape than a person in the section after it talks about the lake of fire.

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Additional thought: this is making me extremely sensitive to the point where shows like Supernatural and Stranger Things bother me a lot. My family likes stranger things but it makes me so uncomfortable thinking of the "upside-down" like hell or the outer darkness or demons constantly lurking around. Supernatural didn't bother me for the longest time (I made it to season six) but I was rewatching the episode about the bullying (starts with one some cheerleader insults a girl who then smashed her head into a mirror, a sink, before shoving her head in a toilet and flushing to snag her hair and drown her) and now I can hardly stand it anymore. I need help. Everyone I know offline I've exhausted and annoyed with my constant worrying.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A person without hope is a hopeless person; that's truth. I'm not sure how anyone can give hope to the hopeless or faith to the faithless; the best advice I can give is that you might pray to God that He remove the spirit of fear and hopelessness from you and send it to me. I'll pray it is sent upon me, and, you pray it is sent upon me. Hope that it is sent upon me instead. Believe it will be.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think I'm overall getting better, but I still have a ton of blasphemous and evil thoughts. It's gotten to the point where I've unintentionally done things like writing for an assignment "(answer, answer, answer) I'm scared" or be texting and like "(reply, reply, reply) I'm so scared". It doesn't help that I tend to sort of whisper or uncontrollably voice my thoughts when I get too anxious. I voiced wrong thoughts and have terrible fears over them. I have a problem with what I call mute-screaming, basically while intending to stay silent on the outside without fully vocalising I sort of whisper scream and tear up my throat a lot.

Honestly sometimes I wonder if I was ever even saved. Thinking about the catholic perfect contrition (which I've heard defined as sorry for your sin NOT out of fear of hell or punishment but because you wronged an innocent, holy, perfect God who deserves better). Lots of people tell me, like my pastor when I was crying about the unforgivable sin (Matthew 12:31-32, Mark 3:28-30, Luke 12:10), and say "But you're so upset by your sin! You must be saved." I'm terrified. I don't think terror is a sign that you're saved, and the other extreme is if you think you might not be saved you aren't because you don't have perfect faith (this view is rare I think but it's out there.) Something that gets me a lot is this website Evangelical Outreach (Dan Corner) and the images on that sight (specifically this one)

Practice Sin | Habitual Sin | Lifestyle Sin | Occasional Sin

Make me imagine God on judgement day looking at me with pure wrath and sending me to eternal torment in the outer darkness. People switch between God only judges is for intentional thoughts or our true hearts and it doesn't matter if you deny the faith but don't mean it you technically did it and are destined for eternal hell.

I never believed in fate (although I believe God is all-knowing and all-powerful, I didn't believe that there were things that could be completely irreversible until things like the unpardonable sin and apostasy (Hebrews 6:4-6)) so this stuff REALLY scares me. Like the idea I could spend the rest of my life crying out to God only to be ignored and cast out because I was stupid and committed some big sins.

Edit for clarification: I haven't done that in a while of unintentionally writing about being afraid or "please forgive me" (within the last few weeks but not a regular thing). Also in case the link doesn't shoot you to the right picture since there are a lot on the page, it's the one with one person that's so burnt it's like more of a humanoid shape than a person in the section after it talks about the lake of fire.

Luke 10:19

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

Matthew 17:20

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

You have control of your body. Christ has empowered us through the Spirit to over come all.

You need hope faith and love.

Take control of your life, you have authority over all evil. :)
I think bad thoughts sometimes too, i know that i have power over come them and now you do too.

Get behind me satan.

Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Additional thought: this is making me extremely sensitive to the point where shows like Supernatural and Stranger Things bother me a lot. My family likes stranger things but it makes me so uncomfortable thinking of the "upside-down" like hell or the outer darkness or demons constantly lurking around. Supernatural didn't bother me for the longest time (I made it to season six) but I was rewatching the episode about the bullying (starts with one some cheerleader insults a girl who then smashed her head into a mirror, a sink, before shoving her head in a toilet and flushing to snag her hair and drown her) and now I can hardly stand it anymore. I need help. Everyone I know offline I've exhausted and annoyed with my constant worrying.
I often tell people who have this kind of trouble to try to step out of their world to try to help others with other issue. John15 Jesus said if you obey my command you will remain in me....my command is love one another as I have loved you. if you look at others under mental health or physical health you will see what you can.just set aside your own problems for a little while .

Upvote 0