Apr 11, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
✟7,749.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yea for the most part Oakville is Telegraph road from about the bridge going over 255 all the way down to Arnold. Lemay Ferry goes thru Oakville too on the other side. I have lived in Oakville my whole life well except 1 year I lived in Fenton LOL I think my hubby and I liked Fenton better then Oakville...He has lived here since he was 10 yrs old and hes now 37 so most of his life!!!

What parts of South County do your family live in???

Upvote 0

cwdlmdd

Mar 21, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
✟378.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It wasn't really south county but south St. Louis City around Grand and gravoes for the first 25 years of my life. Than I move the st. Charles. Most of my aunts and uncles live in the Arnold area now. My dad had 8 brothers and sisters and at last count I had over 50 cousins with most of them living in south county know. I know the area preaty well even though I don't get down that way much.

From what I can remeber as a kid, my first tripe to that part of the county highway 55 ended at Buttler hill rd, and we had to get off there to go to my aunts house in Aronld.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
cwdlmdd said:
Yes we did. We were there last year before Christmas and we were at the Fox highschool craft show but they were not as good as Sparing Middle school. But they did not have one last year because of construction.

I had no idea that area was Oakville. My uncle worked at Dave Sinclar Ford in that area for many years. I have anuts and uncles that live all over south county.

The zip code is Oakville, but it is usually considered Mehlville - it's all in the same school district at least.

Sparing is a great craft fair - I've been to a few there.

I personally think Fox's craft shows have gone downhill. Kind of sad, since that's where I went to high school.

We've lived by Andre's Banquet Hall, for the last 6-7 years. I grew up in Arnold. One day, probably in the next decade, we hope to build on property in Franklin County off of Highway 50 between Union and Gerald. That's where my husband is from. It's beautiful out there, but I work downtown. Not sure how that will work.

Upvote 0

cwdlmdd

Mar 21, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
✟378.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Flipper said:
The zip code is Oakville, but it is usually considered Mehlville - it's all in the same school district at least.

I personally think Fox's craft shows have gone downhill. Kind of sad, since that's where I went to high school.

We've lived by Andre's Banquet Hall, for the last 6-7 years. I grew up in Arnold. One day, probably in the next decade, we hope to build on property in Franklin County off of Highway 50 between Union and Gerald. That's where my husband is from. It's beautiful out there, but I work downtown. Not sure how that will work.

Yes the Fox show is not what it use to be, and Sparing is a great show. I am hoping that they will continue the show after the construction is over.

Some of my cousins and my exwife attended Fox High School sometime during the mid to late 1970's. One of my cousins was the Prom Qween. Sometime around 1974 to 76 I think.

Upvote 0

Manders2

Apr 11, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
✟7,749.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flipper said:

Andre's is the one by Dairy Queen right??? We used to live behind Dairy Queen until I was 10 yrs old then we moved about 5 min away off of Yeager. Do you or Did you live behind Dairy Queen???

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Manders2 said:
Andre's is the one by Dairy Queen right??? We used to live behind Dairy Queen until I was 10 yrs old then we moved about 5 min away off of Yeager. Do you or Did you live behind Dairy Queen???

Behind Dairy Queen would be off Pottle, right? My subdivision is still on Telegraph before you get to Pottle.

Technically, it's close to Dairy Queen, but behind Andre's. I'm in Birchwood Estates - and still there.

Hope there aren't any axe murderers taking note. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Manders2

Apr 11, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
✟7,749.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flipper said:
Behind Dairy Queen would be off Pottle, right? My subdivision is still on Telegraph before you get to Pottle.

Technically, it's close to Dairy Queen, but behind Andre's. I'm in Birchwood Estates - and still there.

Hope there aren't any axe murderers taking note. :sorry:

I know where you are talking about...I used to live in Villa Apartments across the street from the car wash...we moved 2 months ago. Yea I used to live off of Pottle or Koch Road which ever way you came in. That was a LLOONNGG time ago though!!! I went thru your subdivision last summer goin garage saling. Nice houses in there!!! Lived out here my whole life..getting kinda sick of it LOL I need a change of scenery...so does DH he has lived in Oakville since 1978. To long to long LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dmm553

May 23, 2005
St. Louis, MO
✟137.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am from St. Louis, I grew up in south city, moved to Oakville, went to Mizzou, came back, lived at home for a year (in Oakville), got married and moved to Chesterfield, and my wife and I just bought a house in Affton. We've been in the house for about a month now.

Upvote 0

Manders2

Apr 11, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
✟7,749.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dmm553 said:
I am from St. Louis, I grew up in south city, moved to Oakville, went to Mizzou, came back, lived at home for a year (in Oakville), got married and moved to Chesterfield, and my wife and I just bought a house in Affton. We've been in the house for about a month now.

Did you go to Oakville High??? That is where I went, graduated in 1997.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mc2phat

May 2, 2005
MO
✟212.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
squeaky092 said:
Any one else getting wacky weather this spring???? I know that sometimes weather can be weird but seems like it is "wackier" than usual! <Joplin>

Yep. I'm near Springfield. Hot one week, cold the next. I am attending MSSU in Joplin, BTW. We have figured out what the crappie are doing on Stockton Lake despite the weird weather though....

Upvote 0