In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of our deacon's wife grew up in a family that serves Indonesia as missionaries. Last night, her brother was arrested for distributing witnessing tapes to a group on one of the islands. Please pray for his safety, his ability to say the right things and mercy by his captors.

Thanks and God bless,
Dave

UPDATE BELOW

Angelface007

Friends Are A Blessing
Mar 13, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟4,556.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Dear Heavenly Father,

I uplift this missionary to You and ask You Lord to give him the strength he needs Father, to help him through this awlful sitution! I ask you God by the power of Your blood that You shed for us, to help release him, and give him the strength in Your Precious Name to contuine serving/ and spreading Your "goodword" across the world, from one nation to another! Let Your will be done, and let Your Mighty Power over step those that get in the way of getting your word out there, In Jesus name I ask and pray!! amen`

Dave Plz tell this mans sister, that God will provide the way! "That ALL Things are Possible through Jesus Christ" amen`

Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UPDATE:

He was released at midnight last night (his time). They said he was never under arrest, but to me, any time you are in a police station and they will not let you go, you are under arrest. :):clap: They told him to come back today and sign a statement that they were drafting up. He is blessed with the knowledge of the Indonesian language, so he shouldn't be bamboozled into signing some wierd statement.

Please continue to pray that they will not take him back into custody. They had planned to leave that island for another island tonight. Please pray they have safe passage.

A little more background... He was passing out VHS tapes that talked about Christ. The head of police had had him tailed to see what he was doing. It is illegal in Indonesia to hand out tracts or religious materials unless someone specifically asks you for them. There are no civil rights in Indonesia, so they could be jailed or killed at any time without repercusion. God is their protection.

God bless you for your prayers and I ask that you continue to pray for Chris Cole, the missionary in question. Thanks!
Dave

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.