Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You might want to have a look at this- it was a miracle in answer to prayer from US General George S Patton in December 1944 at the Battle of The Bulge! American general George S Patton's 3rd army was bogged down in fighting with the Nazi Germans in France and they were constantly plagued with shortages of supplies and bad weather. George S Patton asked his chaplain to pray for a break in the weather and he did, the weather miraculously broke and his army got air-support and the Germans were defeated! The text of his prayer is below:

“Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies, and establish Thy justice among men and nations. Amen.”

This video was created by the chaplain of the 82nd Airborne Division. If you would like to take a look the link is below:

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A German and a Brit, both veterans, were discussing the war over drinks. "I don't understand why we lost", complained the German, "we prayed to God so hard for victory". The Brit replied incredulously, "Oh my, God doesn't understand German."

• Haha
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0