• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

"Mini" Strokes...

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My dad has had a couple that were diagnosed - and, potentially, several undiagnosed. I don't recall any lasting dizziness but he was very tired afterward. He has other, complicating medical conditions so it's hard to tell if it was the "mini strokes" or something else.

Upvote 0

NOTWHATIWAS

I take my stage direction from God.
Jun 27, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟20,309.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
My dad has had a couple that were diagnosed - and, potentially, several undiagnosed. I don't recall any lasting dizziness but he was very tired afterward. He has other, complicating medical conditions so it's hard to tell if it was the "mini strokes" or something else.

That sounds like where I am right now. Thank you for your posting. I will be hooked up to a Holter Monitor for the next week to see what is going on and my cardiologist will take it from there. God bless.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess it kind of depends on where in the brain the stroke (mini or regular) happened as to what effect it had.

My grandmother had a series of mini strokes before she died and it affected her personality a LOT. She had other medical issues (in her late 80s) which would have masked any tiredness from the strokes.

I would expect that the tiredness and dizzyness could be an effect, but you need to talk to a doctor to be sure.

Reactions: NOTWHATIWAS
Upvote 0

NOTWHATIWAS

I take my stage direction from God.
Jun 27, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟20,309.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I guess it kind of depends on where in the brain the stroke (mini or regular) happened as to what effect it had.

My grandmother had a series of mini strokes before she died and it affected her personality a LOT. She had other medical issues (in her late 80s) which would have masked any tiredness from the strokes.

I would expect that the tiredness and dizzyness could be an effect, but you need to talk to a doctor to be sure.

Thank you. This is helpful. I have a heart monitor attached to me for the next couple of days. My cardiologist will document the results and take it from there. God bless you and yours.

Upvote 0