• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Mini" Strokes...

Discussion in 'Cardiology & Blood Pressure Issues' started by NOTWHATIWAS, Jul 19, 2016.

1. NOTWHATIWAS

NOTWHATIWAS I take my stage direction from God.

+699
    Calvary Chapel
    Single
    My question to anyone who has ever had one of these. Did you feel dizzy, fatigued,etc. for several days afterwards?

2. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Well-Known Member

+623
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    My dad has had a couple that were diagnosed - and, potentially, several undiagnosed. I don't recall any lasting dizziness but he was very tired afterward. He has other, complicating medical conditions so it's hard to tell if it was the "mini strokes" or something else.

3. NOTWHATIWAS

+699
    Calvary Chapel
    Single
    That sounds like where I am right now. Thank you for your posting. I will be hooked up to a Holter Monitor for the next week to see what is going on and my cardiologist will take it from there. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  4. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Well-Known Member

+623
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I'll pray for you.

5. NOTWHATIWAS

+699
    Calvary Chapel
    Single
    Many thanks- I'll say prayer for you right now. God bless and keep you and yours.

6. Dave-W

Dave-W Our six grandchildren Supporter

+6,835
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I guess it kind of depends on where in the brain the stroke (mini or regular) happened as to what effect it had.

My grandmother had a series of mini strokes before she died and it affected her personality a LOT. She had other medical issues (in her late 80s) which would have masked any tiredness from the strokes.

I would expect that the tiredness and dizzyness could be an effect, but you need to talk to a doctor to be sure.

7. NOTWHATIWAS

+699
    Calvary Chapel
    Single
    Thank you. This is helpful. I have a heart monitor attached to me for the next couple of days. My cardiologist will document the results and take it from there. God bless you and yours.

8. leytonstones

leytonstones Senior Contributor

+4,290
    Baptist
    Private
    I have had a lot of dizziness and headache and some confusion. Also been stumbling. Am waiting for an appointment for a head ct scan. Not sure if this could have been a mini stroke, but there isn't a lot of information

9. seashale76

seashale76 Orthodox Christian and Unapologetic Iconodule

+3,973
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Having seen patients have strokes- warning signs are high blood pressure and severe headaches.