Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of Mike's Blessings
Shared by dear Mike, who can speak, but lies completely paralyzed in total body --writing only with a stick in his mouth, being with MS over many years​

A poem Mike found and has enjoyed; and may it be a blessing also to others:
Once I heard a song of sweetness,
As it cleft the morning air,
Sounding in its blest completeness,
Like a tender, pleading prayer;
And I sought to find the singer,
Whence the wondrous song was borne;
And I found a bird, sore wounded,
Pinioned by a cruel thorn.

I have seen a soul in sadness,
While its wings with pain were furl’d,
Giving hope, and cheer and gladness
That should bless a weeping world;
And I knew that life of sweetness,
Was of pain and sorrow borne,
And a stricken soul was singing,
With its heart against a thorn.

Ye are told of One who loved you,
Of a Saviour crucified,
Ye are told of nails that pinioned,
And a spear that pierced His side;
Ye are told of cruel scourging,
Of a Saviour bearing scorn,
And He died for your salvation,
With His brow against a thorn.

Ye "are not above the Master."
Will you breathe a sweet refrain?
And His grace will be sufficient,
When your heart is pierced with pain.
Will you live to bless His loved ones,
Tho’ your life be bruised and torn,
Like the bird that sang so sweetly,
With its heart against a thorn?
—Selected

Last edited:

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another testimony from Mike:

"I lay there, unable to move... Realizing how very real my situation had become. Unbelievable really.... I asked the Lord: really? Are you sure...?? In the wee hours one morning in the ICU I struggled: Lord, is this really going to be the sum of my life?.... Really?? ......A still small voice in my heart said "Mike, it was never yours alone... Remember! You asked me into your heart. It is "our life, I only ever wanted to live in you, with you, thru you... I wanted to partner with you. I wanted us to live together...". I have little time left but I know for sure I want to live it "with Him"....

Victorious Living is Possible
(Shared message found)

Nothing shall be impossible unto you – Matt 17:20

It is possible, for those who really are willing to reckon on the power of the Lord for keeping and victory, to lead a life in which His promises are taken as they stand and are found to be true.
It is possible to cast all our care upon Him daily and to enjoy deep peace in doing it.
It is possible to have the thoughts and imaginations of our hearts purified, in the deepest meaning of the word. It is possible to see the will of God in everything, and to receive it, not with sighing, but with singing.
It is possible by taking complete refuge in Divine power to become strong through and through; and, where previously our greatest weakness lay, to find that things which formerly upset all our resolves to be patient, or pure, or humble, furnish today an opportunity—through Him who loved us, and works in us an agreement with His will and a blessed sense of His presence and His power—to make sin powerless over us.

These things are DIVINE POSSIBILITIES, and because they are His work, the true experience of them will always cause us to bow lower at His feet and to learn to thirst and long for more.
We cannot possibly be satisfied with anything less—each day, each hour, each moment, in Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit—than to WALK WITH GOD.
—H. C. G. Moule

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MIKE SHARED THE FOLLOWING THOUGHTS HE HAS RECENTLY ENJOYED IN HIS GREAT TRIAL, FROM SOURCES HE DISCOVERED. MAY THEY BE A BLESSING TO US ALL:

"We may wait till He explains,
Because we know that Jesus reigns."

It puzzles me; but, Lord, Thou understandest,
And wilt one day explain this crooked thing.
Meanwhile, I know that it has worked out Thy best—
Its very crookedness taught me to cling.

Thou hast fenced up my ways, made my paths crooked,
To keep my wand’ring eyes fixed on Thee;
To make me what I was not, humble, patient;
To draw my heart from earthly love to Thee.

So I will thank and praise Thee for this puzzle,
And trust where I cannot understand.
Rejoicing Thou dost hold me worth such testing,
I cling the closer to Thy guiding hand.
—F.E.M.I.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know Mike doesn't want pity. The great thing about testimonies like these are that it puts our lives in perspective, most of us are asking why me Lord when we go through trials in life, but fail to realize that there are far more people in a lot worse situations than our own. This thread reminds me to thank God for all of the true blessings I have in my life.
God Bless

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree. I have come to see over my many years with the Lord that there is such a thing as a ministry of suffering. God can use us all, and some are put into a place of complete dependence to glorify God, and give thanks daily for our Saviour ---the Lord Jesus Christ. It really humbles me!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I often tell him that, and hear from other saints of God who visit at his home. He replies that he only wants to share the wonderful love our God will provide all who seek Him faithfully.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From a letter awhile ago by Mike, who keeps encouraging me and reminding me of what we have in our Lord:

As I was reading His promises again this morning I just wanted to share them with you. As we face the reality of our tired bodies it's easy to get discouraged but no need. I have found such peace in finding His promises and making them mine. Looking back I can see how much Satan has used fear to rob me of the "joy of my salvation". Let us all acknowledge that if we are living in the good of our position in Christ, there is no reason for fear. Matter of fact, we can be confident that thoughts of fear do not come from Him. We can take each concern to Him today, tell Him all about them and leave them with Him! Praying your day goes well today.
Love you so much, Mike
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
SOME MEDITATIONS FROM MIKE FROM A COUPLE YEARS AGO:

A little over a year ago after my H1N1 flu experience as I was coming to grips with my new reality I cried out to the Lord and told Him that I just couldn't do this on my own and that I desperately needed His help. I would wake up at 3:00 am every morning and laying there in the dark faced with another day of my weakness I would stumble in fear and doubt. I hated it. As I cried out I believe the Holy Spirit directed my thoughts toward Moses. When God had asked him to do a task that he knew he did not have strength for he told God he could not do it. God asked him "what is that in thine hand?"
I remembered my Dad bringing this question to my attention many years ago. He said "when you feel God is asking you to do a task that you know you don't have strength for look at what He has already given you". So, with this in mind I just started recording some of the thoughts and encouragements that the Lord was bringing to my attention. This list has grown quite long now, but when I wake up at 3:00 in the morning or any other time I feel afraid, I read this and instead of being discouraged and dreading those times they have become the sweetest times of communion, praise, and worship. I am sending this to you today in hopes it will encourage you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I agree. I have come to see over my many years with the Lord that there is such a thing as a ministry of suffering. God can use us all, and some are put into a place of complete dependence to glorify God, and give thanks daily for our Saviour ---the Lord Jesus Christ. It really humbles me!

I never thought of that.....or heard of it

how profound: a ministry of suffering....

hmmmmmm...

i gotta meditate and pray on this....

Thank you for sharing about Mike and sharing your thoughts as well.

God bless you.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I often tell him that, and hear from other saints of God who visit at his home. He replies that he only wants to share the wonderful love our God will provide all who seek Him faithfully.

His profound writings are a treasure.

Yes, please tell him that he is a blessing and that his testimony is shining real bright and ministers to many.

God bless you and Mike.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
From a letter awhile ago by Mike, who keeps encouraging me and reminding me of what we have in our Lord:

As I was reading His promises again this morning I just wanted to share them with you. As we face the reality of our tired bodies it's easy to get discouraged but no need. I have found such peace in finding His promises and making them mine. Looking back I can see how much Satan has used fear to rob me of the "joy of my salvation". Let us all acknowledge that if we are living in the good of our position in Christ, there is no reason for fear. Matter of fact, we can be confident that thoughts of fear do not come from Him. We can take each concern to Him today, tell Him all about them and leave them with Him! Praying your day goes well today.
Love you so much, Mike
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
SOME MEDITATIONS FROM MIKE FROM A COUPLE YEARS AGO:

A little over a year ago after my H1N1 flu experience as I was coming to grips with my new reality I cried out to the Lord and told Him that I just couldn't do this on my own and that I desperately needed His help. I would wake up at 3:00 am every morning and laying there in the dark faced with another day of my weakness I would stumble in fear and doubt. I hated it. As I cried out I believe the Holy Spirit directed my thoughts toward Moses. When God had asked him to do a task that he knew he did not have strength for he told God he could not do it. God asked him "what is that in thine hand?"
I remembered my Dad bringing this question to my attention many years ago. He said "when you feel God is asking you to do a task that you know you don't have strength for look at what He has already given you". So, with this in mind I just started recording some of the thoughts and encouragements that the Lord was bringing to my attention. This list has grown quite long now, but when I wake up at 3:00 in the morning or any other time I feel afraid, I read this and instead of being discouraged and dreading those times they have become the sweetest times of communion, praise, and worship. I am sending this to you today in hopes it will encourage you.

This is precious and so encouraging and somehow very "comforting" and calming.

God bless you and Mike (((hug)))

• Prayers
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SOME MORE OF MIKE'S COLLECTION OF BLESSINGS:

Most of these thoughts are not original, and from souls that have experienced far greater suffering than I; the Spirit brought these to my attention. - Mike:

Independence - what we naturally crave: "freedom from the control, influence, support, aid of others."

IN dependence - what we must learn: "Choosing to trust a loving Father for the things I cannot understand or control".

--Learning about myself and my God in this tragedy called life

--Learning to love unconditionally, with a happy heart ...we can, because we are;

--Slow motion death.... Tragedy or uncommon gift?

Happiness is a choice... Accepting that depending on others is a privilege and is critical to a happy life for me now. I can embrace it and enjoy peace and happiness, or I can let this situation overwhelm me...

Embracing your inability is a prerequisite to God showing you His ability ~ Mike.

Deuteronomy 30: 19-20 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live".

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
SOME MORE OF MIKE'S COLLECTION OF BLESSINGS:

Most of these thoughts are not original, and from souls that have experienced far greater suffering than I; the Spirit brought these to my attention. - Mike:

Independence - what we naturally crave: "freedom from the control, influence, support, aid of others."

IN dependence - what we must learn: "Choosing to trust a loving Father for the things I cannot understand or control".

--Learning about myself and my God in this tragedy called life

--Learning to love unconditionally, with a happy heart ...we can, because we are;

--Slow motion death.... Tragedy or uncommon gift?

Happiness is a choice... Accepting that depending on others is a privilege and is critical to a happy life for me now. I can embrace it and enjoy peace and happiness, or I can let this situation overwhelm me...

Embracing your inability is a prerequisite to God showing you His ability ~ Mike.

Deuteronomy 30: 19-20 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live".

Precious. Thank you and God bless you and Mike (((hug)))

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some of Mike's Blessings
Shared by dear Mike, who can speak, but lies completely paralyzed in total body --writing only with a stick in his mouth, being with MS over many years​

A poem Mike found and has enjoyed; and may it be a blessing also to others:
Once I heard a song of sweetness,
As it cleft the morning air,
Sounding in its blest completeness,
Like a tender, pleading prayer;
And I sought to find the singer,
Whence the wondrous song was borne;
And I found a bird, sore wounded,
Pinioned by a cruel thorn.

I have seen a soul in sadness,
While its wings with pain were furl’d,
Giving hope, and cheer and gladness
That should bless a weeping world;
And I knew that life of sweetness,
Was of pain and sorrow borne,
And a stricken soul was singing,
With its heart against a thorn.

Ye are told of One who loved you,
Of a Saviour crucified,
Ye are told of nails that pinioned,
And a spear that pierced His side;
Ye are told of cruel scourging,
Of a Saviour bearing scorn,
And He died for your salvation,
With His brow against a thorn.

Ye "are not above the Master."
Will you breathe a sweet refrain?
And His grace will be sufficient,
When your heart is pierced with pain.
Will you live to bless His loved ones,
Tho’ your life be bruised and torn,
Like the bird that sang so sweetly,
With its heart against a thorn?
—Selected
May I encourage both you and Mike to share more? This thread is like a refreshing drink of water in a dry valley of religious notion. God is real and really is an ever present help in time of need. So why do so many not find this to be true? Because they only seek Him when they cannot do for themselves. Oh, if we could but see that there is not one nano-second that we can stand, walk, even take our next breath without His grace holding us up.

And what a treasure you shared by H.C.G. Moule. We as His body are about to be awakened to the God that can keep us from falling, that can not only make a way of escape in every temptation, but then, praise God, actually cause us to take it.

We have all experienced the grace of forgiveness. We are about to learn of the grace that teaches us how to walk on the highway of holiness, and how to possess our bodies in sanctifcation and honor. A new day is dawning, and thank God, there are a few even now learning that it is through His promises and our believing them that we can actually be changed into His image from glory to glory.

It is time we took our man made limits off the God of the impossible.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Gideon, it is so true, and we get so wrapped up in our reasonings that we forget the "high calling of God in Christ Jesus" ---which is surely to emulate Him in our manner and walk in this world a little while.

I have been much blessed to know this young man, Mike ---now 40, but enduring from age 20. He encourages all who come to visit him there.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Gideon, it is so true, and we get so wrapped up in our reasonings that we forget the "high calling of God in Christ Jesus" ---which is surely to emulate Him in our manner and walk in this world a little while.

I have been much blessed to know this young man, Mike ---now 40, but enduring from age 20. He encourages all who come to visit him there.
Is there any way I could communicate with him? He sounds amazing.

Blessings,
Gids

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could not presume to do anything to facilitate that, friend, for his day is taken up with his care by the care-givers, medical appointments, and visitors from relatives and church friends locally; and his texting and e-mails to so many already, that he would be just overwhelmed in trying to do more.
Your gesture is very much appreciated, and it would be better to just pray for him and his little ministry effort to share precious thoughts. He is always happy (in a quiet and soft way) and he gets tired easily ---that being a trial in itself, for he was a strong and active young man who had many natural skills.
I am of family and let him know that many are praying for him, and appreciate his outreach; and get to see him about each two to three months, since he is across State.
We will see him when we get home to Heaven, and I believe his outreach to encourage others will prove to be a Godly ministry rewarded in that day to come, above this scene. Let us all keep faithful and live for our Lord in the little while ---right?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I could not presume to do anything to facilitate that, friend, for his day is taken up with his care by the care-givers, medical appointments, and visitors from relatives and church friends locally; and his texting and e-mails to so many already, that he would be just overwhelmed in trying to do more.
Your gesture is very much appreciated, and it would be better to just pray for him and his little ministry effort to share precious thoughts. He is always happy (in a quiet and soft way) and he gets tired easily ---that being a trial in itself, for he was a strong and active young man who had many natural skills.
I am of family and let him know that many are praying for him, and appreciate his outreach; and get to see him about each two to three months, since he is across State.
We will see him when we get home to Heaven, and I believe his outreach to encourage others will prove to be a Godly ministry rewarded in that day to come, above this scene. Let us all keep faithful and live for our Lord in the little while ---right?

:heart: Thank you. Praying for Mike, and you too. (((hug)))

• Prayers
Upvote 0