Mike Pence ‘visibly shook’ as nobody claps at his applause lines during disastrous European trip

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What actually happened: Watch: this is what happened when Mike Pence brought up Donald Trump in a speech to European leaders

He wasn't shaken at all. You really think Pence doesn't understand what he's up against? This is GERMANY we are talking about.
...I'm not sure what you think your link shows but as far as I can tell it shows the Vice-President with a "deer in the headlights" look wondering why no one was clapping when he brought greetings from the President. :wave:

Much ado about nothing.
Yep, vice-President Pence was making much ado about someone the EU apparently thinks is nothing...to clap about. :)
tulc(is sorry, but when the ball is teed up, like the above, it has to be hit) :sorry:

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...I'm not sure what you think your link shows but as far as I can tell it shows the Vice-President with a "deer in the headlights" look wondering why no one was clapping when he brought greetings from the President.
Well, that's your opinion, based squarely on your own anti-Trump bias. He expected that reception, I am quite sure. Why not stand silently while the antipathy is exposed? I would.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's your opinion, based squarely on your own anti-Trump bias.
Or the fact that I've watched a lot of people speak in public and know when someone isn't getting the reaction they thought they were going to get? While yours appears to be based on the hope President Trump (and vice-President Pence) aren't nearly as bad at the jobs they have as they appear to be? :scratch:

He expected that reception, I am quite sure.
Or he didn't, and that look on his face says so. :wave:

Why not stand silently while the antipathy is exposed?
Because his job was to put a good face on a bad situation, awkward silences are never a good thing in situations like that. If he'd been expecting no applause he would probably continued speaking, without pausing unless the clapping started then he would have stopped to let the clapping go until done. This was an obvious play for applause that failed pretty badly. :swoon:

Well if you're ever in that position perhaps you can let us know what you suspect the audience was thinking? :)
tulc(is drinking some very good coffee) :coffee:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Or the fact that I've watched a lot of people speak in public and know when someone isn't getting the reaction they thought they were going to get?

Nope. He knew what would happen, given the media-driven hysteria surrounding this President.

Nice try though.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or the fact that I've watched a lot of people speak in public and know when someone isn't getting the reaction they thought they were going to get? While yours appears to be based on the hope President Trump (and vice-President Pence) aren't nearly as bad at the jobs they have as they appear to be? :scratch:

If European leaders are not clapping then the American leaders must be doing something right.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. He knew what would happen, given the media-driven hysteria surrounding this President.
Or he didn't and he failed to do what he was sent there to do: pretend America is still the leader of the free world. When they didn't clap? That was the sign things are so bad even diplomats have given up pretending America is doing the right thing. :wave:

Nice try though.
I'm not the one trying to pretend the President/vice-President have any idea they know what they're doing. But it's always adorable watching them run face first into reality. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(is still chuckling at that expression on vice-President Pence's face) ;)

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Or he didn't and he failed to do what he was sent there to do: pretend America is still the leader of the free world. When they didn't clap? That was the sign things are so bad even diplomats have given up pretending America is doing the right thing. :wave:

I'm not the one trying to pretend the President/vice-President have any idea they know what they're doing. But it's always adorable watching them run face first into reality. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(is still chuckling at that expression on vice-President Pence's face) ;)
The "or (reiterating again the thing you just said which was refuted" is not an appropriate response. Nor are all the smilies.

Last two responses from you to different people:

"Or they aren't. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) ;)"

"Or he didn't and he failed to do what he was sent there to do: pretend America is still the leader of the free world. When they didn't clap? That was the sign things are so bad even diplomats have given up pretending America is doing the right thing. :wave:"

The response before that from you:

Seriously. Enough already.

You've been answered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
The "or (reiterating again the thing you just said which was refuted" is not an appropriate response. Nor are all the smilies.

Last two responses from you to different people:

"Or they aren't. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) ;)"

"Or he didn't and he failed to do what he was sent there to do: pretend America is still the leader of the free world. When they didn't clap? That was the sign things are so bad even diplomats have given up pretending America is doing the right thing. :wave:"

The response before that from you:

Seriously. Enough already.

You've been answered.

Or it doesn’t matter if Pence expected applause or not. The very fact that other world leaders have so little respect for our current administration and/or so vehemently disagree with current US foreign policy that they don’t applaud is troubling.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "or (reiterating again the thing you just said which was refuted" is not an appropriate response.
Can you point to where what I said was refuted? The definition of refute is:
prove (a statement or theory) to be wrong or false; disprove.
What I see is your unsupported claim. Which I pointed out that the opposite of your unsupported claim could be equally true. You provide some proof of your claim then we can discuss which one is right. Until then? It's just two people on a forum posting their opinions. ;)

Nor are all the smilies.
I like them, they're part of the tools provided by the forum, so I use them. :wave:

You've been answered.
Answered, yes, refuted? No, not even sort of. :sorry:
tulc(hopes that helps) :)

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Everyone can watch the video with their own eyes. This news is as fake as fake news gets. I guess when someone pees on your leg and tells you it's raining, some people can actually believe it's raining if they want to believe that.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0