Mike Lindell is developing his own social media platform to replace YouTube and Twitter

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's good to see him trying to branch out and appeal to a niche demographic. I think we need more social media platforms.

My concern is that it will devolve into an echo chamber with little actual discussion, and genuine online debate is difficult to come by these days.

The same could almost be said of the site we're on. There are similar rules, but there are plenty of athiests that are here, and plenty of debate happens each day. This new social site would provide much the same, and is said to be basically a Twitter, Facebook and Youtube all together. Not sure how that'll work, but it'll be interesting to check out.

Upvote 0

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟73,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I welcome this move by Lindell. This is call free market. As a conservative I welcome innovation, free market ideology – demand and supply. If he can create a platform where conservatives can go and speak their mind then great. Hope he find investment to build his platform.

But if he can’t find investment and can’t build his platform then it is about failure of entrepreneurship and not “ big liberal coming to get me” .

I think it's a tad more complicated than that. In theory, sure, I agree, but I don't think this country really has a free market. Rather, we have a handful of corporations that decide everything and influence things like legislation to make competition less viable. You don't have a whole lot of options when it comes to social media. At least, not anything that doesn't heavily skew one way or the other.

While liberals may not be out to get them, I think a lot of entrepreneurs and conservatives have a point about how much power and influence corporations have over society, and they want to level the playing field.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it's a tad more complicated than that. In theory, sure, I agree, but I don't think this country really has a free market. Rather, we have a handful of corporations that decide everything and influence things like legislation to make competition less viable. You don't have a whole lot of options when it comes to social media. At least, not anything that doesn't heavily skew one way or the other.

While liberals may not be out to get them, I think a lot of entrepreneurs and conservatives have a point about how much power and influence corporations have over society, and they want to level the playing field.
Am I seeing this correctly?
Conservatives coming out against Corporate America?
(Not enough to raise the corporate tax-rate, though, I’m sure!)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Triumvirate
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Well, the whole point of lowering it back in 2017 was to buy their support... but it seems that they underestimated exactly how much support they bought.

Can you really blame them for being mad at Corporate America for welshing on a bribe?

Upvote 0

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟73,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

It depends on the type of conservative, really.

The ones who support free trade and greater global connection with other countries aren't the ones complaining about their jobs being outsourced to China.

I doubt raising the tax rate would do much good until you can end loopholes and actually get corporations to pay more of their fair share. The middle class and poor would also experience and increase in their taxes, and due to corporate loopholes, would be bearing the majority of the burden.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I doubt raising the tax rate would do much good until you can end loopholes and actually get corporations to pay more of their fair share. The middle class and poor would also experience and increase in their taxes, and due to corporate loopholes, would be bearing the majority of the burden.

The poor and middle class would also see an increase in prices in what they buy because the big corporations can simply increase prices on their merchandise, and let their customers pay it. The big corporations also know that the small businesses that are their competition would not survive by doing things that way, which is why many of the corporations actually welcome a tax hike.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The ones who support free trade and greater global connection with other countries aren't the ones complaining about their jobs being outsourced to China.
Oh!? The conservative principle of “free trade”?
Yeah that toggled over to “trade wars are good and easy to win!”, (well at least with the GOP), I’m sure that real actual Conservatives are still for free trade, since that is still a conservative principle for them.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Any idea what it’ll be called?
Right now it’s called frankspeech[DOT]com, they want your phone number, no, you’re not allowed to know why, yet.

• Haha
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Right now it’s called frankspeech[DOT]com, they want your phone number, no, you’re not allowed to know why, yet.

How else are they going to sell you pillows?

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I sitll love how he is marketing this as a free speech alternative to FB and twitter, yet it has some restrictions those sites don't have.

At least any posts or articles that report negative effects from "vaccines" won't be deleted there, which will allow people to read and decide for themselves.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I thought they said it was to get early information and to be one of the first to get registered. Sort of a VIP sort of thing. I wouldn't want to give mine to be a member though. I have a pre-paid phone service that charges for all incoming and outgoing texts. I had it deactivated because of all the election texts I was getting before the election from Bernie's people.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The poor and middle class would also see an increase in prices in what they buy because the big corporations can simply increase prices on their merchandise, and let their customers pay it. The big corporations also know that the small businesses that are their competition would not survive by doing things that way, which is why many of the corporations actually welcome a tax hike.

1. Prices will go up
2. Small businesses will go under.
Isn't this the same argument against raising the minimum wage?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven’t signed up, I refuse to ever share any info with this site. I only came across this image on Twitter so I don’t know how much better the desktop version is but it’s not looking too good for Frank mobile.

upload_2021-4-16_23-58-10.png

• Haha
Reactions: Kratzo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

In a video posted to a placeholder website this month, the Donald Trump-supporting businessman said people seeking early entry could submit their cell phone numbers to get VIP access to the platform that would start "Thursday night at midnight."

As the hours passed and Thursday turned to Friday morning, some Telegram followers of Lindell's verified Telegram channel were left puzzled.

"I expected a VIP launch midnight Thursday but nothing. What's up?" one user wrote. Another person said: "It seems the site did not go live the way it was supposed to. Not sure what the issue is but it is a huge letdown that's for sure. After all the hype."

--

From Frankspeech:
I want to thank all of you that have signed up for VIP access and all the media personalities that have signed up to be part of our broadcast network. That response has been amazing. The broadcasters are busy putting up amazing content. If you have VIP access you will be able to enter the site on Sunday.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That's easily testable. All we need to look at how much the prices dropped 4 years ago, and how much corporations were fighting the tax cut. Oh wait.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At least any posts or articles that report negative effects from "vaccines" won't be deleted there, which will allow people to read and decide for themselves.

People should be reading the package insert, the clinical trials and related medical journal articles. Not media news articles etc.... Get your information from the sources, not the media, TV personalities, or political personalities. This is a serious medical decision that should be made fully informed.

Upvote 0