Mike Lindell is developing his own social media platform to replace YouTube and Twitter

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "You dared me to do it", files: Mike Lindell is developing his own social media platform to replace YouTube and Twitter | 'Every single influencer person on the planet can come there'

"We're launching this big platform so all the voices of our country can come back and start telling it like it is again," said Lindell ...

"You will not need YouTube. You won't need these places. So it will be where everything can be told, because we've got to get our voices back," he explained. "People will be able to talk and not walk on eggshells."

Lindell said that he had been developing the platform for four years and that it was going to be broader than Twitter
The odds may be against him, but time will tell.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Amazing no-one ever thought of just starting a new company that could just immediately replace two of the biggest Internet giants on the planet...

Also isn't this kind of assuming Liddell has any money left after Dominion get through with their billion dollar lawsuit against him?

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I welcome this move by Lindell. This is call free market. As a conservative I welcome innovation, free market ideology – demand and supply. If he can create a platform where conservatives can go and speak their mind then great. Hope he find investment to build his platform.

But if he can’t find investment and can’t build his platform then it is about failure of entrepreneurship and not “ big liberal coming to get me” .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY.
Oh, sure.

Odds are obviously against Mike Lindell, just as they were against the other social media platforms when those started. I'm sure he knows that the odds are not necessarily in his favor. What seems to be in his favor though, is the identified need for a free speech platform which allows diverse viewpoints without needless censorship, especially censorship based on political ideology.

Others have similarly recently risen to the challenge, such as Parler, Gab, Rumble and others. We'll just have to wait to see to what level any of these alternative platforms might eventually rise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure it will be incredibly successful. :rolleyes:
On the subject of odds being against one, have you checked the price of Gamestop stock recently?

Looks like the little guys got the best of the hedge funds. It's been months since Wallstreetbets took on the hedge funds who were heavily shorting Gamestop stock. Today's stock price is close to $300 a share, nearly 100 times the stock's low point. Whatever the motivation was for the hedge funds to drive the stock price down, even with the odds seemingly in favor of the behemoth hedge funds, the hedge funds lost that bet. Bummer, huh?

Maybe Mike Lindell thinks he'll be as lucky as the guys on Reddit's Wallstreetbets. Again, we'll just have to wait to see how this all plays out. First, Mike Lindell actually has to start a social media platform. He hasn't even done that yet. Until then, it's just so much talk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Oh, sure.

Odds are obviously against Mike Lindell, just as they were against the other social media platforms when those started. I'm sure he knows that the odds are not necessarily in his favor. What seems to be in his favor though, is the identified need for a free speech platform which allows diverse viewpoints without needless censorship, especially censorship based on political ideology.

Others have similarly recently risen to the challenge, such as Parler, Gab, Rumble and others. We'll just have to wait to see to what level any of these alternative platforms might eventually rise.

The problem is that Mike and all those other 'alternatives' are handicapping themselves. They're trying to appeal to a relatively small audience - conservatives in America. Outside of the United States, especially in non-English speaking countries, they have almost no presence. It also doesn't help that their services are often inferior to the platforms they're trying to replace. For instance, Rumble is fine if you're looking for news with a conservative spin, but if you're looking for anything else - say, movie news or music videos or fight scenes from your favorite movie or whatever - there's nothing there for you. Like, I searched for some stuff on Rumble - Daft Punk videos? Couldn't find them. I put in a search for Spider-Man, and I didn't get, say, Spider-Man news or clips from his shows or anything like that - I got a let's play of some guy playing Spider-Man 2 on the Gamecube...in 2021. And it's frankly a straight up ugly site.

This isn't really a new concept - conservative alternatives to social media have been attempted before, and they've always failed. Twitter and YouTube have worldwide appeal. Until 'alternative platforms' like Parler and Rumble get that, they might enjoy some success, but they'll never be true rivals to the platforms they want to replace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, sure.

I was thinking the same thing.

one advantage places like YouTube and Twitter currently have is that they appeal to a broad base.

I just did a little research on the web, it looks like parler is still available, you just have to go to their website.

imo, if there's a huge demand for it, it will grow. And the same would be true for similar sites/apps.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,660.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
On the subject of odds being against one, have you checked the price of Gamestop stock recently?

Looks like the little guys got the best of the hedge funds. It's been months since Wallstreetbets took on the hedge funds who were heavily shorting Gamestop stock. Today's stock price is close to $300 a share, nearly 100 times the stock's low point. Whatever the motivation was for the hedge funds to drive the stock price down, even with the odds seemingly in favor of the behemoth hedge funds, the hedge funds lost that bet. Bummer, huh?
Check again lol

• Haha
Reactions: Triumvirate
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,660.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Does this include the talk he doesn't want?
When I post my opinion on sites like that, I get shouted down and called a lot of things, most of which I can't repeat here. I also get accused of being a government troll. Also, I usually get dozens of downvotes.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
When I post my opinion on sites like that, I get shouted down and called a lot of things, most of which I can't repeat here.
I will never get over the delicious irony of people championing places like Parler as bastions of free speech...on Christianforums, a site that would likely ban them if they posted the average Parler post.

Upvote 0