hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Contemplating James 2...I'm thinking that there's not really a whole lot of difference in how human nature is expressed now as compared to then. Human nature is human nature is human nature. Hmmmm....I think I'm going to go sit out on my back deck and dodge the mosquitoes--it's a beautiful quiet night here.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Contemplating James 2...I'm thinking that there's not really a whole lot of difference in how human nature is expressed now as compared to then. Human nature is human nature is human nature. Hmmmm....I think I'm going to go sit out on my back deck and dodge the mosquitoes--it's a beautiful quiet night here.

When I was a baby Christian, the first thing God imprinted on me was about not being partial. I've come to know why that is so important....I had just been saying the other day how I want to get back to my patio. I love sitting on my patio at a certain time with the Lord. It's not just quiet but that calm. Most people are in bed so the energy is very low. I love it. I haven't been able to do it for a while because of the weather but it has been warming up. :)

Reactions: hopesprings
Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
When I was a baby Christian, the first thing God imprinted on me was about not being partial. I've come to know why that is so important....I had just been saying the other day how I want to get back to my patio. I love sitting on my patio at a certain time with the Lord. It's not just quiet but that calm. Most people are in bed so the energy is very low. I love it. I haven't been able to do it for a while because of the weather but it has been warming up. :)

Love, love, love sitting out in the quiet (night for me). I find it very peaceful...calm is the perfect word. :) It really makes me feel that any communication I have with the Lord is very personal--that He really is bending His ear down to listen to me. In the last 2.5+ years I have developed a love of night driving in the spring/summer, finding a spot out in the country on a side road and parking so that I can look at the moon. It's an extra bonus if the moon is full and there happens to be a pond/slough so that the moonlight is reflected on the water. :grin:

Reactions: quietpraiyze
Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So tonight I went on a mini road trip with my friend and her husband with their semis (my friend drove one, her husband the other). I had the really tough job of co-pilot. lol Actually, I think the hardest part was climbing into the semi...:p

Reactions: Mydnyte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That sounds like a fun trip.

Might have a chance to go to day shift at work. Hoping it goes through.

Yeah, it was actually really cool. It was only an hour trip one way...we were going just to drop off the semi my friend was driving so that her son could travel on with his dad. During that hour, though, I sure learned a lot about semi driving. It would be an interesting job but I wouldn't be suited for it.

Hope you get day shifts at work. Seems to me that it might be easier to keep a "normal" schedule on days.

Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Apparently I'm not gonna get any sleep. Now I'm gonna have to stay awake and not go to sleep until tonight to balance this out. I'm so glad that Mondays are my rest day. At least low activity was already planned...

Interesting...I was so tempted to do this myself last night! Hope your day is restful. :)

Reactions: quietpraiyze
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I am having a harder time switching to being awake during daylight hours after working several night shifts. I think it has more to do with the level of stress in my life. However, I don't seem to get as much done if I sleep all day and am awake until 5 or 6 in the morning lately. I tend to be tired all the time. I do hope it is just the stress and it will start to eventual resolve. I used to be very productive in the wee hours of the morning because there were very few distractions.

Upvote 0