Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Well it is not midnight yet for me but it is getting late. I want to sleep but one of the neighbours has either just started his own band or really is playing his music loud. I am assuming the first as most kids who would listen to this type of music would wear headphones. However, in a quiet country village like the one I live in it is rather bizarre. I am hoping that ends soon as it is not my style of music.

Other than that I am reflecting on my day. It was fun to shop with my mum and I finally got some organisation done. I have a job interview on Monday that I am not sure what to do about so I have been praying a lot about it. It was originally postponed and they said that they would get back in touch. They finally did on Friday saying it was on Monday and that they assumed that it was ok as I couldn't answer the phone at that time (I was driving). When I tried to call back.... well it was all rather bizarre. But I think that my life has been very bizarre of late. Oh well. I will continue to pray and see what happens on Monday.

PS The music is still going. It is rather irritating as it seems to be the same sound over and over again. I think that I am getting to old but I really wish they would just get a set of head phones! :)

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Working 13 hour shifts at night really messes up the internal clock....I slept for about 5 hours after work then woke up starving and unable to go back to sleep....fell back to sleep in the evening and am now wide awake. Well, I guess that means I will enjoy a day off during sunshine hours but probably means when I go back to work tomorrow night, I will work 13 hours after being awake all day too. That is a two day run too so I will probably only realistically get 6 hours sleep between the shifts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oy vey. Worst leg cramp ever!!! I had a super active day and I was tired and just wanted to get to bed. I thought for one night I could skip my magnesium before bed. :doh: Won't do that again.

I very recently discovered magnesium and I am luvin' it! So far my joint pain has been little to none and I'm so thankful for that. The only thing though is one time I took the magnesium in the morning and all day long it was like I was narcoleptic. I won't be doing that again! ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I don't consider night my "sleeping time", so it isn't really a "sleepless night" per se. I am sleeping some tonight because after working my 12 hour night shift, I slept about 3 hours before getting up and spending the rest of the day with my kids. Since I don't work again until Tuesday, I have a few days before I have to flip my schedule back and it will have some pretty messed up sleep hours between now and then. I will probably go into my next 12 hours shift after being awake for most of a day..so it will be a 24 hour straight awake making it easy to fall asleep when I get home and while working three nights in a row.

If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't even begin to try to live in daylight hours on my off days. I would live a modified schedule that would include staying up until 3 or 4 am and sleeping until at least noon or 1pm.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I work the night shift. My mom knows I work the night shift. That means have to sleep during the day. My mother seems to think that "getting to bed early and getting up early" is next to godliness and will solve all the troubles of the world. I love my mom but this attitude makes it hard for me to spend much time around her. She says she understands I have to sleep during the day but then makes snide remarks that also indicate that she doesn't. Out of the blue yesterday, my 19 year old son said something that showed he sees the same thing in her attitude toward me...validation that I am not being "over sensitive" went a long way in my heart because I feel guilty that I often avoid talking to my mom. I know way too many people that work night shift dangerously sleep deprived which is the result of people trying to live both worlds. I can't do that on my job with a good conscious. I might miss something that literally could cause someone to lose their life or at the very least, quality of life. I am feeling guilty on this Mother's Day. I will probably have the kids call her but avoid the phone myself. I don't need to hear about my failings on this Mother's Day...even if they are not overt criticisms. I am just too tired and worn out as it is.

Upvote 0