✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword:

the two edged sword is the word of GOD it seperates the unbelievers from the believers

Hebrews 4:12
King James Version

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

the bible explains itself

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think making payments with a credit card is inconvenient enough to where I would ever feel the need to have a chip implanted under my skin.

...It's really not that hard holding a card that weighs only 5 grams with two fingertips. :)
You could have two cards then, when one is denied. And you could still be holding your bag of groceries. My cards get cracked pretty often.

• Haha
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Because it's so vague, and filled with allegory, that it's not understandable to the lay person.

This may help you in your spiritual journey

Bible Symbols Chart

SYMBOL MEANING REFERENCES
Angel Messenger Daniel 8:16; 9:21; Luke 1:19,26; Hebrews 1:14
Ark of Testimony Ark of the covenant/mercy seat where God dwells Exodus 25:10-22; Psalms 80:1
Babylon Religious apostasy/confusion Genesis 10:8-10; 11:6-9; Revelation 18:2-3; 17:1-5
Balaam, Doctrine of Advancing our own interests, compromise, idolatry Numbers 22:5-25
Beast Kingdom, government, political power Daniel 7:23
Bear Destructive Power / Medo Persia Proverbs 28:15; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Daniel 7:5
Binding of Satan A symbolic chain of circumstances Isaiah 14:12-20
Black Moral darkness, sin, apostasy Exodus 10:21-23; Jeremiah 4:20-28; 8:21; Acts 26:18; John 12:35; Joel 2:1-10
Blood Life Leviticus 17:11; Deuteronomy 12:23

• Informative
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the two edged sword is the word of GOD it seperates the unbelievers from the believers

Hebrews 4:12
King James Version

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

the bible explains itself

It seems rather difficult to me, a layperson, to piece together these meanings.

...I'll need a translator to put it together, because in my mind, I'm visually picturing a sword coming out of someone's mouth, like in a psychedelic cartoon.

I'm seeing stuff similar to this, mentally:

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When the early Church established the canon of the New Testament, they almost
didn't include the Book of Revelation, because many feared it would be misunderstood.

They were right. Since 257AD, it has been misunderstood and especially after the Reformation,
various groups have used it to predict the end of the world, which of course never happened.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It seems rather difficult to me, a layperson, to piece together these meanings.

...I'll need a translator to put it together, because in my mind, I'm visually picturing a sword coming out of someone's mouth, like in a psychedelic cartoon.

I'm seeing stuff similar to this, mentally:

The translator you are requesting is the Holy Spirit he will lead you in all understanding through prayer and a repenting heart.

The Holy Spirit will lead us through various ways and means but most importantly it will be through the word of God. If you are a believer yearning for the Holy Spirit to lead you, you must develop a deep love for the word of God because when you do, then the Holy Spirit will not only teach you, but he will also lead you into all truth.

John 16:13
King James Version

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Landon Caeli

Because it's so vague, and filled with allegory, that it's not understandable to the lay person.

What an odd statement. Perhaps we should consider that when the writings of the Revelation of Jesus were written, there really wasn't anything but lay people in the fellowships of the believers. Personally, I consider myself to be a lay person and, other than a very few references and understanding what exactly they are referring to, I don't have any real problem understanding the overall teachings of the entire writings.

The first three chapters are merely writings claimed to be from Jesus to the several of the various local fellowships that existed in that day. The letters generally speak of some of the activities and beliefs of those early fellowships and where they were lacking and where they were commendable. Nothing really difficult to understand.

There are some questions that come up in the opening of the seals, but I think that a thorough reading of the entire writing, for the born again believer, will take him into the last days with his eyes open as to what's happening. Just as with the visions that Daniel received concerning future events, many people, until Jesus came and they could then look back and reconcile what Daniel wrote, didn't understand them either.

So, while I can understand someone making the claim that they don't understand the writings, I believe it is error to say categorically that the writings are not understandable to the lay person.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Patrick Paumen causes a stir whenever he pays for something in a shop or restaurant.

This is because the 37-year-old doesn't need to use a bank card or his mobile phone to pay. Instead, he simply places his left hand near the contactless card reader, and the payment goes through.

"The reactions I get from cashiers are priceless!" says Mr Paumen, a security guard from the Netherlands.

He is able to pay using his hand because back in 2019 he had a contactless payment microchip injected under his skin.

And when it comes to implantable payment chips, British-Polish firm, Walletmor, says that last year it became the first company to offer them for sale.

The microchip implants that let you pay with your hand

I believe and have the believe for over 20 years the microchip will be used to initiate the mark of the beast.
First usage was chipping pets for their locations when lost.
Now many people in Switzerland loves the idea, reports says.
The Netherlands in the same area as the Swedes.
The world has slowly been conditioning man for microchipping, starting with the slow elimination of cash and people are using credit and bank cards more. Buying, selling, trading all have to do with what - finances, money, cash. And everything upon this world requires cash, from medicine to food to rent and all in between.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only problem I see is that the chip leaves no mark. Unless the word "mark" is meant to mean computer chip.
Not all marks can be seen to the naked eye.

Sin does not generally physically leave a scar on a person, but for the unrepentant it leaves its mark even if they themselves can not see it.

It also could very well be that this "mark" may have a slight glow to it to "mark" where the chip is located in order for scanning purposes. The surgery could leave a physical sign/scar many instances could come from such as system where albeit slight, remains a mark.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How will folks feel about chip implants for buying and selling if/when everyone is forced to have them?
No one, at least not the large majority, will be forced. Unless the mark of beast thing happens very soon.
However what is more likely is that over the next few decades, having a microchip implanted will be so useful and convenient that pretty much everyone will have one. Sure some oldies may not get one but they die off eventually.
So say go forward 50 years in time, a chip in your hand is pretty much everywhere, it would be very powerful chip, almost mobile phone like and really useful to what life will be like in that society. The infrastructure to use and support such a system will be well developed, widely implemented worldwide and well accepted.

Then something happens that causes the whole system to be co-opted and turned into what we understand it to be. At that time it may be very difficult to function without such a chip and very eassy for a govt to control what can be done.

In short, a very useful device while its developed and implemented worldwide, well accepted and liked for quite some time and then at some point re-purposed for worship / loyalty to a particular form of govt.

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Panevino

Sep 25, 2011
✟41,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Per rev13:15, 14:9 & 16:2 worship is involved / entwined with the mark

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

rev14:9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Similarly during Roman Caesar persecution (when they claimed a divinity) they required worship of them to participate in society (buying/selling)

Mark of God includes / is entwined with and is defined in places as acts of worship (ie sacrifice of the passover/pascal lamb)
Exo13:3-10
Deu6:4-9
Rev7:3, 9:4, 14:1
Rev22:3-4

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The only problem I see is that the chip leaves no mark. Unless the word "mark" is meant to mean computer chip.

The mark has nothing to do with the chip, false flag issue, but everything to do with worship

Revelation 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Revelation 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Revelation 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

so you can only recieve the mark if you worship the beast

Revelation 14:7
Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

only two choice of worship either GOD, the creator, and recieve the seal of GOD or satan, the created, and recieve the mark of the beast

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The mark has nothing to do with the chip, false flag issue, but everything to do with worship
The thinking is the 2 can be combined into the 1 chip, so to have an active chip that you can trade with will only be possible if you have given allegiance, loyalty, worship to the antichrist.

People who don't agree will have their chips deactivated or made invalid. If govts can restrict your access to your own bank account based on some post on facebook (Like what Canada recently did), then deactivating a chip that you need to buy food/attend work etc will be a doddle in the years to come.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The author Hal Lindsey wrote about the chip in his book, "There's A New World Coming," as being the mark of the beast depicted in Revelation. I read the book in the late seventies and gave it to my friend priests to read. He tore through it and wrote how Lindsey misinterpreted Revelation.

Lindsey claimed that the chip would be placed under the skin between your eyes, which is where you'd protect it most.

Of course everything he said that would happen never did and he had to tap dance around what he wrote claiming people misunderstood. :D

Upvote 0

Panevino

Sep 25, 2011
✟41,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
worship alone does seem to make sense as “the mark”

conversely per
The Mark of God is defined in places as the act of worship (ie sacrifice of the passover/pascal lamb)

Chip “alone” as the mark, seems superstitious.

restrictions on buying and selling do not require anything as sophisticated as a chip merely identification / confirmation of worship. A piece of paperwork, a card etc would do it.
Critically the act of worship of the beast would be known to God.

A millennia ago when the Caesar’s required worship, interaction and
/or life was permitted with the following document
Libellus - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
worship alone does seem to make sense as “the mark”

conversely per
The Mark of God is defined in places as the act of worship (ie sacrifice of the passover/pascal lamb)

Chip “alone” as the mark, seems superstitious.

restrictions on buying and selling do not require anything as sophisticated as a chip merely identification / confirmation of worship. A piece of paperwork, a card etc would do it.
Critically the act of worship of the beast would be known to God.

A millennia ago when the Caesar’s required worship, interaction and
/or life was permitted with the following document
Libellus - Wikipedia
People don't carry the covid vaccination certificates on them as papers. 99.99% would have them on their mobile phone. A chip linked to a central govt register would mean you wouldn't need to carry anything and pretty impossible to forge.

Upvote 0