Michigan bars, restaurants must now collect names and numbers for COVID contact tracing

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Let them know?"

That's priceless.
Yes, so they can be tested to see if they have COVID.

This is basic stuff for tracing pandemics and trying to contain them.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
Papers, papers please....a common phrase heard in Germany in the 1930's & 40's.....

Speaking of papers, don't all American men still have to register for the draft, and tell some military bureau every time they change address or face a fine or go to jail?

And hey - while we're leaving our name at the bar for contact tracing, at least we can get in at 18 :p

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Speaking of papers, don't all American men still have to register for the draft, and tell some military bureau every time they change address or face a fine or go to jail?
Not quite sure what that has to do with the conversation but thanks for your 2 cents worth.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
Not quite sure what that has to do with the conversation but thanks for your 2 cents worth.

Well, I just find it interesting that you believe providing an unverified name and mobile number to a restaurant for contact tracing purposes is an attack on civil liberties, but requiring all males to register for the draft (especially given the history of the Vietnam war) isn't.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
Uh-huh....who ever said it was 'unverified'?

I did, since I'm the one living in a place where we do this. I could put my name down as "Seymore Butts" and give a fake mobile # if I wanted to - which of course would be silly since I want to be alerted if there was a COVID case there.

I guessing that you can't do that for the draft...

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Oh, no! I'm a draft dodger! My parents moved about 1 year after I registered with Selective Service and I never updated my address.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Papers, papers please....a common phrase heard in Germany in the 1930's & 40's.....
But for some reason not frequently heard when conservatives evaluate the need for voter ID laws. Seems like a bit of selective hearing.

• Agree
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
But for some reason not frequently heard when conservatives evaluate the need for voter ID laws. Seems like a bit of selective hearing.
There is a difference between walking down the street and voting in case you hadn't noticed. Don't conflate the two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums