✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
SackLunch said:
Look, I can see the irony here, but you guys have to let up on the man. Is it right to gossip and mock others so much? Or to trash their character? Is this the Christlike thing to do? Open up threads just to bash somebody we disagree with?

Moreover, I've gotta tell you. I'm one of the most ardent, fervent "fundies" out there. But for all the character assasinations some of you do on Michael Moore, you really have to see his earlier documentaries such as "Roger & Me" and "The Big One" to fully understand the man.

Yes, he does support the "little guy" and gives them a voice where they previously had none. And in one of those movies (I forget which one now), I was actually struck by Moore's compassion as he listened to and empathized with a woman who was just laid off. I HATE to say it, but Moore is far more compassionate and loving than so many conservative Christians I know today. What does that say about the state of our Church today? Have we become disconnected from our mandate to love and be sympathetic towards others? To show the love of Jesus Christ?

Just a few thoughts. ;)

Least we agree on something! Well said. :)

Upvote 0

TeddyKGB

A dude playin' a dude disgused as another dude
Jul 18, 2005
Deep underground
✟8,993.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chosen One said:
You would think with all that OxyContin he was snorting- he would have lost some weight. I thought heroin and associated drugs were supposed to cause rapid weight loss.
He did lose a lot of weight. I saw him on Hannity several months ago and didn't recognize him.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SackLunch said:
Is it right to gossip and mock others so much? Or to trash their character? Is this the Christlike thing to do? Open up threads just to bash somebody we disagree with?

I guess we could say the same for all the postings on George W. Bush? :thumbsup: People are moving on discussing his character, not weight.

These type conversations go on all over the thread...that's what the debates are all about. It works both ways- with all people, Sack.

Upvote 0

I <3 Abraham

Go Cubbies!
Jun 7, 2005
✟18,730.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Ginny said:
I guess we could say the same for all the postings on George W. Bush? :thumbsup: People are moving on discussing his character, not weight.

These type conversations go on all over the thread...that's what the debates are all about. It works both ways- with all people, Sack.

Nobody is trashing GWB's "character" (like his checkered past of alcoholism, frat-boyness, spoiled rich boy actions like buying a baseball team etc etc etc.) they are attacking his policies. Debates are not about character assassination. That's why the words gossip and debate are just that, two different words.

Upvote 0

theeyesoftammyfaye

no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor
Nov 18, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
✟18,673.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
good for michael moore. obesity is a huge problem in this country, and i am glad that he has decided to do something about his own problem with obesity. going to a "fat farm" isn't a sweet little vacation, it often involves a very strict diet and exercise regimen, as well as education about proper nutrition and healthy cooking/living. it's a much safer and healthier way than other, more drastic measures such as gastric bypass surgery.

by the way, i hope NONE of you who are making fun of michael moore for attempting to take control of his obesity problem are overweight yourself.

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christian bro's and sis',

Be healing leaves for the nations.

Ephesians 4:29-31
Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he is the one who has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.

Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

Upvote 0

mutantleader

Jul 7, 2005
✟686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Chosen One said:
You would think with all that OxyContin he was snorting- he would have lost some weight. I thought heroin and associated drugs were supposed to cause rapid weight loss.
All of that went to Rush's head. . . Big headed, hypocritical, spim-meister, right wing, propaganda pushing, egotistic, drug addicted, blowhard. . . Other than that, he is a pretty nice guy.

Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh are just entertainers. They both deserve to do what they can to stay healthly. I am not found of either's politics, but think it is pretty distasteful to criticize their weight. The whole political smears seem to get a little too personal sometimes.:angel:

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TheBear said:
Even though I don't agree with Michael Moore's perspective on things, this thread serves no purpose, except to attack Moore on the personal level.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know him on a personal level, but; even if I did I would not attack him on a personal level.

I pray that He loses weight, remains healthy, lives a full life, that he turns to Christ and becomes my brother in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
minus said:
Good for you Mike! If you eat healthy and take care of yourself you&#8217;ll have more time on this earth to drive those right-wingers completely bonkers! :amen: :clap: ;)

Isn't that true?!:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
DieHappy said:
After the weight loss, if he gets a decent haircut, he'll lose his whole appeal.

What's wrong with getting a haircut, because I need to get one asap and fast! You need a decent haircut every once in awhile.

Upvote 0

CZzyzx41

Jun 26, 2004
right here
✟957.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well now that Michael Moore is going to a fat farm, perhaps someone can get Ann Coulter a cheesesteak and a bottle of Zoloft.

I wonder if he's going to the same fat farm as Al Roker and Rush Limbaugh. Perhaps he'll come back with an addiction to pills and a niche for cheating on his wife too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.