Michael Jackson just died. How do you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Any commentary on how we ought to regard this death? A loss? A judgment of God? A meaningless cessation of the movement of matter?

I'm curious as to how you all feel about the death of a person such as this.

It's tragic.....for he was shrouded in darkness with no "light" and no hope of escape from eternity without God, our Abba.....unless by God's grace there was a change initiated by God's Spirit and Michael responded to the Holy Spirit's prompting before death...

Upvote 0

heavensprings

Jesus loves me this I know...
Jun 22, 2004
seated in heavenly places
✟8,050.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I guess a lot of people will miss him. I get annoyed that the death of a megastar (in the media) takes precedence over the deaths of say.. the people of Iran who are dying for their country's freedom. Or, the deaths of many in refugee camps, living with nothing. It's the way of the world though...

Upvote 0

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe that upon hearing of Farrah's death, he was so emotionally devestated that he took his own life. He so identified with the beautiful women portrayed in the media. Such a talented individual. He will be missed very, very, much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Poverello78

Jan 27, 2008
Newbury Park, CA
✟8,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess a lot of people will miss him. I get annoyed that the death of a megastar (in the media) takes precedence over the deaths of say.. the people of Iran who are dying for their country's freedom. Or, the deaths of many in refugee camps, living with nothing. It's the way of the world though...

The death of Mother Theresa went virtually unnoticed because it was within days of Princess Diana dying. The same goes for C.S. Lewis who died the same day as John F. Kennedy.

A friend of mine once said, "We would have heard about the people in Uganda getting slaughtered and chopped into pieces in their church last year, but Britney Spears decided to shave her head."

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟825,539.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Any commentary on how we ought to regard this death? A loss? A judgment of God? A meaningless cessation of the movement of matter?

I'm curious as to how you all feel about the death of a person such as this.
I will be praying for him but he is no different than any other person.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Don't really care. He was a messed up man that destroyed the lives of others.

It's tragic.....for he was shrouded in darkness with no "light" and no hope of escape from eternity without God, our Abba.....unless by God's grace there was a change initiated by God's Spirit and Michael responded to the Holy Spirit's prompting before death...

You two seem to believe that MJ was some really evil person. What makes you think so?

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He never left childhood and no doubt suffered severe emotional and metal illness all his life. The end results of being abused and unloved as a child.

He was abused as a child, he abused as an adult, now God will abuse him again,...what a cycle.

I do see the Farrah connection starting to pop up. We'll see. No doubt he was stressed, ill, probably on meds, ect, but I doubt this was over Farrah as he was excited about his big tour coming up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

liesje

Singing in the rain
Aug 30, 2008
✟17,066.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This morning when he woke up he was planning a tour. By the afternoon he was dead of a heart attack. He was only 50.

No one knows the day or the hour, we need to be ready when our name is called.

This is similar to what I thought. I think his life must have been very sad.

Upvote 0

Tissue

Aug 3, 2004
Houghton, New York
Visit site
✟18,406.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There was a lot of controversy surrounding the man. I've heard a lot of commentary on his alleged molestation tendencies, but we should not forget that he was acquitted on all charges by a jury of our peers (at least, if you, the person reading this, are American). A psychologist studied him after the scandal and concluded that his mental profile did not match that of a pedophile, but rather, that he was essentially a regressed ten-year-old.

He is an extremity of our culture. Many looked up to him. He was certainly very successful.

Upvote 0

Webers_Home

May 1, 2009
Oregon
✟1,454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Webster's defines a peer as: one that is of equal standing with another: especially one belonging to the same societal group based on age, grade, or status.

Michael Jackson was not my peer. We have never been equals. He was a 50-year old black, world-famous entertainer, who earned millions of dollars in his lifetime. I am white, 65 years old, and earned blue-collar wages all my working life as an insignificant industrial welder. He and I had nothing in common but American citizenship. Likewise I have nothing in common with America's mulatto President except citizenship.

Jackson was raised a Jehovah's Witness, but in later years took an interest in Kabbalah mysticism and Islam. Well, all three of those religious philosophies are dead ends so Christians might just as well buck up and accept the awful truth that the world's number one musical idol crossed over to the same place wherein the rich man resides in Luke 16:19-31.

Here's an appropriate epitaph for Mr. Jackson's tombstone.

†. Mtt 22:14 . .For many are called, but few are selected.

Michael left behind an incredible legacy in pop music, but in Hell, he's just another skull amongst the millions and millions and millions of souls that preceded him.

According to the US Pop Clock, one person dies in the USA, on average, every 13 seconds, resulting in 6,646 deaths each 24 hours on the clock.

Assuming that 1/3rd of those daily deaths are underage children, leaves 4,430 adult-age US citizens crossing over to the other side every day. Assigning the "many" of Mtt 22:14 a simple majority of 51% means that 2,259 adult-age US citizens will have gone to Hell by 1:30 pm Los Angeles time today.

The crush capacity of a 60-foot subway car is roughly 220 passengers. So it would require about eleven cars stuffed to capacity to transport those 2,259 to their final destination. I wonder if Jackson has problems with claustrophobia and dense crowds.

You know what's reall bad about Hell for guys like him? There's no music.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.