with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Don (pun intended) is going down.

The recording, in which the two men discussed a potential payoff tied to allegations of an affair made by a former Playboy model named Karen McDougal, was provided to CNN by Lanny Davis, the newly hired attorney for Cohen. Davis, in an interview with Cuomo following the playing of the tape, made very clear that Cohen had now broken free of his oft-pledged total loyalty to Trump and was now looking out for himself and his own interests.
pastedimage-5619-390x285.png

http://c3.thejournal.ie/media/2016/05/pastedimage-5619-390x285.png

Full story here -->:wave:

Last edited:

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I must be missing something, what is so damaging about this tape recording an arrangement no one seriously doubted had happened? I'm puzzled Cohen is in trouble over this nonsense tape and certainly don't see any legal jeapordy for Trump. But what do I know, when I heard the whole Moniky Lewinsky thing started with the Linda Tripp recording, which was illegal btw, I thought it was poisinous fruits from the poisonous tree. I've been wrong before but this sounds like pure tabloid trash mascarading itself as journalism.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I must be missing something, what is so damaging about this tape recording an arrangement no one seriously doubted had happened? I'm puzzled Cohen is in trouble over this nonsense tape and certainly don't see any legal jeapordy for Trump. But what do I know, when I heard the whole Moniky Lewinsky thing started with the Linda Tripp recording, which was illegal btw, I thought it was poisinous fruits from the poisonous tree. I've been wrong before but this sounds like pure tabloid trash mascarading itself as journalism.

In theory, paying someone for silence because it could hurt a Presidental campaign is required to be reported blah blah blah. Campaign finance laws are kind of boring, to be honest.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟557,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
While there isn't really anything directly incriminating on this recording, it does show Trump to be the liar we've known him to be when he said he had no idea of the payments his lawyer had made in his behalf to silence a possibly damaging story.

It's just another piece of the puzzle exposing our corrupt leader for who he really is.

It also shows that even some of his closest, most trusted allies still have their breaking point where they just can't stand by him anymore.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In theory, paying someone for silence because it could hurt a Presidental campaign is required to be reported blah blah blah. Campaign finance laws are kind of boring, to be honest.
What I keep hearing is these are common agreements and should have been legally binding. The way Cohen paid the money was a personal loan that he misrepresented the purpose of, thats fraud. If he didn't actually pay it that way it seems to me everyone is off the hook. What really has me puzzled is these two glorified hookers are being paraded as heros, when they took the money and reneged on the agreement. Bad hookers, shame on them, but so what. I don't see a crime.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
While there isn't really anything directly incriminating on this recording, it does show Trump to be the liar we've known him to be when he said he had no idea of the payments his lawyer had made in his behalf to silence a possibly damaging story.

It's just another piece of the puzzle exposing our corrupt leader for who he really is.

It also shows that even some of his closest, most trusted allies still have their breaking point where they just can't stand by him anymore.
It exposes what we already knew, he had an encounter with a inappropriate content star and an affair with a Playboy centerfold. That's it, we know he lies daily, still not feeling any moral indignation I didn't feel otherwise. Good muster for political damage, hurray for my side. I also heard that he played perverse sex games in Moscow, I'm sorry, I don't see why any of that matters.

Upvote 0

Easy Listener

Jul 21, 2018
south
✟16,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You throw stuff at the wall and hope something sticks. That is what this is. Imagine John and Marlin being made public. Of course, this is a different time. And they figured out with the attack on trump via the exposure of the "grab 'em by the..." remark that they're going to have to do more than just try to shame him. It worked no better with him than it did with any Democrat.

They are going to have to find some law he's broken or unpaid parking tickets or SOMETHING so they can "legally" get rid of him.

However, regarding the attitude of his supporters, I believe a quote from some british queen is most appropriate: "We are not amused."

Upvote 0

Easy Listener

Jul 21, 2018
south
✟16,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, and exposing Trump as a liar is a bit like exposing the circus fat lady as a glutton. Duh. Ignore what he says and watch what he does. And I'm talking politics, not his bedroom. This is why I've become a fan.

Upvote 0

Easy Listener

Jul 21, 2018
south
✟16,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It exposes what we already knew, he had an encounter with a inappropriate content star and an affair with a Playboy centerfold. That's it, we know he lies daily, still not feeling any moral indignation I didn't feel otherwise. Good muster for political damage, hurray for my side. I also heard that he played perverse sex games in Moscow, I'm sorry, I don't see why any of that matters.
The perverse sex games one was kinda comical. The guy is a germophobe. :)

It also speaks to how this could be dangerous to him. If you can show he does a certain thing, you can make up something wild, but in the same vein and convince people he did that too, because, after all, it appears it is something he would do.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The perverse sex games one was kinda comical. The guy is a germophobe. :)

It also speaks to how this could be dangerous to him. If you can show he does a certain thing, you can make up something wild, but in the same vein and convince people he did that too, because, after all, it appears it is something he would do.
I'm still tying to figure out why anyone cares, I think it's bogus, but if there is a chance it's true it's disgusting, not illegal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,408,348.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, and exposing Trump as a liar is a bit like exposing the circus fat lady as a glutton. Duh. Ignore what he says and watch what he does. And I'm talking politics, not his bedroom. This is why I've become a fan.
For Clinton,it was a soiled blue dress and lying about it that got him impeached.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That actually is why I'm more concerned with the nature of the mentality of the coverage then whether or not it's true. Trumps business dealings have me alarmed, his policies have me losing sleep, his sex life bores me to tears. He likes high price hookers and might be into perversion, can't understand why it matters.

• Informative
Reactions: Jack Slatts
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

That actually is why I'm more concerned with the nature of the mentality of the coverage then whether or not it's true. Trumps business dealings have me alarmed, his policies have me losing sleep, his sex life bores me to tears. He likes high price hookers and might be into perversion, can't understand why it matters.
I try to ignore the sideshow (which is next to impossible) but his business/political decisions are more a cause for concern than the circus - imho, ymmv.

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Nothing is impossible for my God!
Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with @mark kennedy ...

Is it gross and wrong? yes!
Is it illegal? Maybe
Will anything happen to Trump or his delusional followers? No.

I heard a Trump supporting call in to the local radio station and say that none of this stuff maters to him. That Trumps' infidelity didn't change his belief that Trump is the best president for America and the most trustworthy one....

It doesn't matter how much information comes out, until there is something big enough to get him out of that office, no one really cares. This news is no different from finding out that Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon were splitting up.

Shocking, but unimportant.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I feel this tape is going to raise the President’s approval amongst his supporters by at least 10%.

It is funny to see how a President having an affair in one decade was a disgrace to the Office of the President and now it is viewed as a badge of honor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟557,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ultimately, I don't really care about Trump's sexual indiscretions. That was never a problem for me. It's just a fun thing to point out to the people who made such a big stink about Clinton and Obama's character and then they turn around and elect who is quite possibly the most clearly, deeply immoral person to ever lead our country in recent memory.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Among many reasons to not trust Trump, these things make him vulnerable to influence by certain foreign “interests” that do not have America’s well being in mind. It also shows the likelihood that he was doing things with those foreign actors involving financial dealings (money laundering) that, again, make him vulnerable to manipulation by.... let me see... Putin, et al.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And why I am not. I don't care who he screws, although it's a shame he has to be such a cad about it.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I try to ignore the sideshow (which is next to impossible) but his business/political decisions are more a cause for concern than the circus - imho, ymmv.
It can reflect character and that argument has relavence and merit...politically. just saying, context matters.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Among many reasons to not trust Trump, these things make him vulnerable to influence by certain foreign “interests” that do not have America’s well being in mind. It also shows the likelihood that he was doing things with those foreign actors involving financial dealings (money laundering) that, again, make him vulnerable to manipulation by.... let me see... Putin, et al.
And that is so much more important then this tape, which is the point that concerns me most.

Upvote 0