Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have become a part of some drama between a couple of my friends, both of which are still cool with me being friends with the other, and have told me that they think the other is still a good person, but there's a lot of tension between both of them, and I'd really like peace to come across them, for their sakes.

I also have a friend in a really bad housing situation. Praise the Lord she has a house, but her landlady is an alcoholic, her "apartment" is a cement box in the basement, she has to sleep in front of the oven to keep warm (there's no insulation from the ground, and this is northern Illinois). I'm bending some rules by letting her stay at my place; I have no doubts that this is the right thing to do, but bad things could happen if the wrong people hear that I'm allowing someone else to basically live with me in my dorm. That's a violation of guest policies that could result in disciplinary action, which could mess up some very good scholarship opportunities I currently have a good shot at. I am convinced that I have divine protection over me, as there is not a doubt in my mind that I'm doing the right thing by temporarily rescuing someone from unsuitable living conditions that are probably illegal with how bad they are. Still, a friend has started telling people about what I'm doing, and if word reaches the wrong ears, then I'll be in trouble & she'll have to go back to her cement box that is called an apartment. Eventually, I'll make a post about how I justify this in light of Romans 13; suffice it now to say that the section on obeying civil authority in every way is part of a largely section that begins with this:

"I urge you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship. Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." --Romans 12

There's other stuff going on that God knows about, so just pray for us to remember that He is constantly intervening & taking care of us throughout the whole process. I'm know I'm doing what's right, even if I am taking risks on myself by doing this. These situations have actually been a blessing to me, as I am learning how to more fully live my faith, and being involved in my friend's lives is something that really makes me realize that I can be a healer and a helper.

Thank you.

259827c9fab9cdec5a8b1a3782ed077b.jpg

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
there must be somewhere else (another friend or someone elses place from your church) where your friend could stay so you dont get in trouble and dont have to break rules.
Not with a bed. Buy some quirk of fate (also known as divine intervention), I am in a 3 person dorm to myself. If anyone she knows, I'm the only person that has an open bed & a good amount of open space. Location is also key, as she's a full-time student at our college, and she doesn't have a car.

Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It is great that you have a heart to help. Nevertheless you did agree to some rules and it seems that perhaps you should obey them and look for other ways to help the lady. First, it seems there must be some violation of safety codes or whatever to house a person in a place such as she has been living in.

Perhaps you should look around and ask around for what those kinds of rules would be.

The fact that you are male and she is female would surely give some people questions about why you have her sleeping in your room.

I pray for your guidance and her housing situation.

Upvote 0