Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kelly said:
There is a lot of stereotyping and judgement going on here. Where's the love?
Everyone agrees that the OP is terrible. Is the discussion now that it's terrible because it's involving homosexual sex? Because if that's what's going on, what about all the violence involving heterosexuals? I think this is one of many issues that shouldn't go back to the homosexual thing. This is about sickness, and violence and criminal behavior. Heterosexuals do this stuff all the time. It's irrelevent.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another article stating homosexuals are violent.

Homosexual Couples Are More Violent

As proof, Folger pointed to statistics supplied by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and homosexual activists themselves that homosexual couples are far more violent than married heterosexuals and have shorter life spans due to their dangerous lifestyles.

According to the FBI, there were only 1,317 so-called "hate crimes" against homosexuals in 1999—nearly half of which were name-calling. Meanwhile, homosexual activists/authors David Island and Petrick Letellier report that as many as 650,000 men are victims of domestic violence at the hands of their homosexual sex partners.

In their book Men Who Beat the Men Who Love Them, Island and Letellier write, "The probability of violence occurring in a gay couple is mathematically double the probability of that in a heterosexual couple…"

Island and Letellier also estimate "domestic violence may affect and poison as many as 50 percent of gay male couples," while "we believe [heterosexual domestic abuse] is closer to 20 percent."

According to the Community United Against Violence, a homosexual group that combats domestic violence in the homosexual community, "The truth of the matter is, however, that you are much more likely to be injured by someone you love than by a gay-basher on the street."

"So the homosexual activists themselves admit that homosexual couples are much more dangerous and, hence, unsuitable for raising children," said Folger.

http://www.reclaimamerica.org/Pages/NEWS/newspage.asp?story=831

You know the evidence is there.

Upvote 0

DianeCourt

My Dog Wants Steak
Nov 10, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟8,677.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
sweetkitty said:
We are talking about violence here..the only ones lying are those attempting to cover the fact up that homosexuals tend to be more violent.

I don't care what you're talking about; I was pointing out that the Paul Cameron study you linked to has been shown over and over to be BOGUS. And how does gays DYING violently lead you to the conclusion that gays are more violent? That's like saying I get hit by a car crossing the street therefore I am a bad driver.

sweetkitty said:

Now I'm convinced you're just trolling, because the link you provided says NOTHING like you've stated.

sweetkitty's link said:
But more importantly, none of the serial killers listed here represent typical homosexuals, who, like the general population, are almost never involved in violent crime. The exact nature of each individual's feelings, attitudes, and behavior with regards to sex is unique, in the general population as well as among serial killers. Legally, all or nearly all of the homosexual serial killers on this list would be considered sexual deviants because of the extreme and violent nature of their acts -- not simply because of their homosexual orientation. It must be emphasized that violent sexual deviancy is exhibited by heterosexual serial killers as well.

Emphasis theirs.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
sweetkitty said:
We are talking about violence here..the only ones lying are those attempting to cover the fact up that homosexuals tend to be more violent.

Here is another link
http://web.wt.net/~pdhunter/hsk.html

Wait a minute, hold the phone do you mean to tell us it is not just Blacks who commit crimes like the news would have you believe?
tongue.gif

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tribe said:
Amen.
This thread wasn't intended to take this dsirection, but I should have realized that it would. I posted the op when it was very late and I was very tired, and perhaps I shouldn't have.
Be not dismayed for your post. That which takes place at CF is a very tiny picture of what is taking place on a grand scale.

EPHESIANS 6:10
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

EPHESIANS 6:11
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

EPHESIANS 6:12
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

EPHESIANS 6:13
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

KJV

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Christi said:
Just wondering something. Can I say that the Bible says homosexual sex is wrong, but still not blame nearly every single thing on them. And still be a Christian? Just wondering.

No!! Heretic Blaspheme

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GySgt said:
Be not dismayed for your post. That which takes place at CF is a very tiny picture of what is taking place on a grand scale.

EPHESIANS 6:10
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

EPHESIANS 6:11
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

EPHESIANS 6:12
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

EPHESIANS 6:13
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

KJV

I love those verses, Gunny. I meditate on them nearly every day. I've always believed they are talking about all evil, though. Am I wrong about that, also?

Reactions: praying
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DianeCourt

My Dog Wants Steak
Nov 10, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟8,677.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Reclaim America?

Okay, now we have, as evidence "against homosexuals:"

1. A study by Dr. Paul Cameron proven numerous times to be bogus.
2. A list of homosexual serial killers that emphatically states that homosexuality has nothing to do with violence.
3. A link to an anti-homosexual site full of half-truths, myths, and propaganda.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
sweetkitty said:
Another article stating homosexuals are violent.

Homosexual Couples Are More Violent
According to the FBI, there were only 1,317 so-called "hate crimes" against homosexuals in 1999—nearly half of which were name-calling.

I fail to see what this has to do with domestic abuse.

Meanwhile, homosexual activists/authors David Island and Petrick Letellier report that as many as 650,000 men are victims of domestic violence at the hands of their homosexual sex partners.

Meaningless without a comparison to heterosexuals using the same definition of domestic violence. I still fail to see what the numbers from the FBI have to do with domestic violence.

Island and Letellier also estimate "domestic violence may affect and poison as many as 50 percent of gay male couples," while "we believe [heterosexual domestic abuse] is closer to 20 percent."

I don't know anything about the people who wrote the book, or whether their studies are recognized by mainstream groups (I would say "no" as I have not heard of anything like that before and I suppose the scource is immensly biased, I would like an actual accepted study here), but going from personal experience, that number is way off. I only know one gay person that was abused by his b/f, and I know a lot of gay people.

According to the Community United Against Violence, a homosexual group that combats domestic violence in the homosexual community, "The truth of the matter is, however, that you are much more likely to be injured by someone you love than by a gay-basher on the street."

"So the homosexual activists themselves admit that homosexual couples are much more dangerous and, hence, unsuitable for raising children," said Folger.
[/b]

Non seqitor. The logic doesn't follow at all. A gay rights group says that a gay person is more likely to be injured by someone they love (on the surfface this can be a family member, friend, or partner of any orientation), that does not say a d*mn thing about whether or not gay couples are more prone to domestic violence. It simply says that a gay person is more likely to be harmed by someone they know, nothing else.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christi said:
Just wondering something. Can I say that the Bible says homosexual sex is wrong, but still not blame nearly every single thing on them. And still be a Christian? Just wondering.
Sexual sin is sexual sin-Including but not limited to the sexual sin of homosexuality.

Blame has nothing to do with the issue, IMHO.

The issue centers on as Christians do we present our lives as living sacrafices to Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

As Christians do we pursue a life of holiness, for God is Holy.

As Christians are we seeking daily to be obedient to the inerrant and authorative Word of God (The Bible).

MATTHEW 7:13
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

MATTHEW 7:14
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

MATTHEW 7:15
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

MATTHEW 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

MATTHEW 7:22
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

MATTHEW 7:23
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christi said:
I love those verses, Gunny. I meditate on them nearly every day. I've always believed they are talking about all evil, though. Am I wrong about that, also?
Yes IMHO it's all evil, that which is not of God. (The mystery of iniquity)

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GySgt said:
Sexual sin is sexual sin-Including but not limited to the sexual sin of homosexuality.

Blame has nothing to do with the issue, IMHO.

The issue centers on as Christians do we present our lives as living sacrafices to Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

As Christians do we pursue a life of holiness, for God is Holy.

As Christians are we seeking daily to be obedient to the inerrant and authorative Word of God (The Bible).

MATTHEW 7:13
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

MATTHEW 7:14
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

MATTHEW 7:15
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

MATTHEW 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

MATTHEW 7:22
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

MATTHEW 7:23
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Agree with your whole post, except I believe there is lots of sin in the world that doesn't involve homosexuality as it's root cause. The OP for example. I have children to pick up.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christi said:
Agree with your whole post, except I believe there is lots of sin in the world that doesn't involve homosexuality as it's root cause.
I agree with you.

IMHO, Sin in of itself is the root cause of all besetting evils.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.