Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My 'real' Dad was born in the 1950s. From what I know, he was a talented pianist and used to play at different events. I'm sure he loved some of the songs of the 50's, 60's and 70's. Sadly he passed away in the 70's when I was only 4 following diagnosis of a brain tumour.

Sorry to hear that...

My dad was a dance band piano player, I remember him playing in a barn in the country on a piano that was witting up on 4 x 44 gallon drums to keep the mice out. He died at 70 being a heavy smoker.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In 1951,I was born in Willesden,UK,on May 1st. I lived in a crowded flat,over a shop with my parents and older brother. He was four years older than me. The toilet was in the backyard and we used a tin bath in the garden to have a bath. What do you remember from the 1950's?

You need a prize...

This could be a featured thread with no theology !!!

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You need a prize...

This could be a featured thread with no theology !!!

Bible-scripture-verse-about-focusing-in-the-past-living-in-the-present.jpg

It is fun reviving old memories :)

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I remember some of the hit artists in the 50's. Elvis Presley,Bill Haley,Frank Sinatra,May King Cole,Perry Como,Andrews Sisters,Paul Anka. We used to listen to Uncle Mac on the radio,on Saturday mornings.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In 1955 when I was 4 years old,Mum and Dad sent me to Sunday School at St George's Presbyterian Church in Children,Hemel Hempstead. I enjoyed listening to the Bible stories and learning about Jesus. The first chorus I learnt was,'A little talk with Jesus makes it right,alright'

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I remember some of the hit artists in the 50's. Elvis Presley,Bill Haley,Frank Sinatra,May King Cole,Perry Como,Andrews Sisters,Paul Anka. We used to listen to Uncle Mac on the radio,on Saturday mornings.
I liked Paul Anka,

I liked playing conkers too, my aunt sent a big bag of them from Wimbledon and dad put in holes and string...great fun
images

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟778,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You share your birthday with Antony Worrall Thompson, renowned restauranteur and chef.

Here's a list of famous people born in 1951.....

Robin Williams (former actor)
Phil Collins (drummer, musician)
Gordon Brown (former prime minister)
Bob Geldof (singer)
Luther Vandross (singer)
Chrissie Hynde (musician)
Chris Rea (singer)
Ben Cohen (co-founder of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream)
Christopher Cross (singer)

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In 1955 when I was 4 years old,Mum and Dad sent me to Sunday School at St George's Presbyterian Church in Children,Hemel Hempstead. I enjoyed listening to the Bible stories and learning about Jesus. The first chorus I learnt was,'A little talk with Jesus makes it right,alright'
O yes, I went to Sunday School as well, so many children of all ages, teenagers, a men's class and a ladies class...then they dwindled in number, I think it must have been when they all got cars and went out for the day on a Sunday, not sure...

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I enjoyed living as a boy in the 1950s. My parents did not regularly attend church,but sent me to Sunday School at 3pm. We sang exciting chorus's like 'Draw your swords. Use your swords for the battle is the Lord's and did Sword Drill with our Bibles. 'Draw your swords. John 3:16. 'Sheath your swords' and get ready for the next verse. First to find it,read it out!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Marvellous how free we were in the fifties to play outside the house. All the kids on my street used to slide down the pavement of our steep hill on roller skates with a book on top. Others made wooden carts and we were watched by our mothers enjoying ourselves. We knew the names of everyone else in the street and looked after each other.

Upvote 0