Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The pastor totally understood and allowed me to just sit with the congregation while he only mentioned my name with all the others entering the church! I, of course, answered all the questions asked of the new entrants to the church. I am so glad to be a member now!

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just an update. I am really liking this LCMS church and glad I entered! It's Biblical while being very loving. Sacraments are important, as they have always been to me. I'm even attending the traditional service on Easter! I would like to attend that service all the time, but that early in the morning, well? I go to the contemporary service on Saturday night and it's not that bad! The singers are good, I like the music (for home?) and it's not too brazenly contemporary (no strange lights, heavy metal music et al). The people are so very welcoming! I've gotten to know more people in the last few months than I did in 20 years (and numerous congregations in different states) in the RCC (not to diminish it, I learned some valuable things there). All in all a very good move!

Last edited:
Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0

Concord1968

LCMS Lutheran
Sep 29, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟23,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just an update. I am really liking this LCMS church and glad I entered! It's Biblical while being very loving. Sacraments are important, as they have always been to me. I'm even attending the traditional service on Easter! I would like to attend that service all the time, but that early in the morning, well? I go to the contemporary service on Saturday night and it's not that bad! The singers are good, I like the music (for home?) and it's not too brazenly contemporary (no strange lights, heavy metal music et al). The people are so very welcoming! I've gotten to know more people in the last few months than I did in 20 years (and numerous congregations in different states) in the RCC (not to diminish it, I learned some valuable things there). All in all a very good move!
The LCMS church I go to has contemporary worship for all three services :)

Upvote 0

TKA_TN

May 23, 2018
Tennessee
✟66,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Glad to hear this. My church does 3 services on Sundays. Traditional at 8, blended (still very liturgical) at 9:30 and contemporary at 11. I go to the 9:30 and it's a nice balance. So happy you're enjoying!

Upvote 0