Pennsylvania
✟52,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I found a church I would like to attend because of their serving opportunities. I listen to their sermons online but I am planning on attending the church soon. My question is, do you have to attend a church for a certain amount of time before you become a member? And is anybody familiar with the process of membership at a Non Denominational church? I am planning on attending the church within the next couple of weeks and I want to get started with serving but they require that you become member so that is why I am asking.

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I found a church I would like to attend because of their serving opportunities. I listen to their sermons online but I am planning on attending the church soon. My question is, do you have to attend a church for a certain amount of time before you become a member? And is anybody familiar with the process of membership at a Non Denominational church? I am planning on attending the church within the next couple of weeks and I want to get started with serving but they require that you become member so that is why I am asking.

In my experience, the processes for joining churches are as varied as the denominations themselves (I'm Southern Baptist and we'll arrange to dunk someone shortly after they get excited and run down front). I'd sit down with the pastor of that church and ask -- pastors love discussing membership with people and will gladly put you the path to joining.

• Agree
Reactions: AspieforGod
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟801,628.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They also might offer classes to go into detail about what that individual church considers the gold standard. Or they have a website that gives an overview.

Oh that churches would follow "And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;" I Thess 5:12.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Each church is going to be different. Best thing is to show up and ask someone.

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
✟52,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Chances are, becoming a member will not be hard to do. But you might take care not to make it sound as though your reason for wanting to join is because you want to become some sort of leader in the congregation.
Not sure what you mean by leader of the congregation. I asked about the serving opportunity and they told me that I needed to become a member to serve in the church.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what you mean by leader of the congregation. I asked about the serving opportunity and they told me that I needed to become a member to serve in the church.
Yes, I saw that you used that term without being more specific. For that reason I was just speaking generally about it. From what you just explained, you've already crossed that bridge, so it is probably a mute point now.

Upvote 0