Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is extraordinary and unprecedented? "What about":

White House travel office controversy - Wikipedia

"Hillary Clinton gradually came under scrutiny for allegedly having played a central role in the firings and making false statements about her involvement therein."

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
She ought to focus on firing the folks who convinced her to make cyberbullying her platform issue when her husband is notorious for it, & firing whoever came up with that idiotic "be best" slogan.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Read on Chesterton....context matters...

Well sure, but it's funnier when folks utterly fail to look at that while racing into their whataboutism.

• Haha
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Read on Chesterton....context matters...
What did I miss?
Well sure, but it's funnier when folks utterly fail to look at that while racing into their whataboutism.
When the article calls an occurrence "extraordinary" and "unprecedented", it's not whataboutism to call out the article for lying.

Reactions: Deborah D
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
What did I miss?

When the article calls an occurrence "extraordinary" and "unprecedented", it's not whataboutism to call out the article for lying.
Whataboutism is all about foisting, not reading into the actual scenario foisted. Obfuscation is key.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This is extraordinary and unprecedented? "What about":

White House travel office controversy - Wikipedia

"Hillary Clinton gradually came under scrutiny for allegedly having played a central role in the firings and making false statements about her involvement therein."

It is funny that Wikipedia is not considered a legitimate source of information by some unless it supports their point of view.

It is funny when people think that a travel agent is the same as a handpicked National Security aide, I guess that is how we got Trump as a President. A marginal CEO is like a marginal President.

It is also funny to see “well the Clintons did it” defense when the Republicans are supposed to be above all that.

I am surprised that people that have nothing good to say about Hillary think it is OK for the First Lady to act just like Hillary…

Well, Bill and Hillary were the guests of honor at Donald Trump’s third wedding. I think he was a Democrat at the time, or in the Reform party with David Duke. Flip flop; it doesn’t matter with the base.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It is funny that Wikipedia is not considered a legitimate source of information by some unless it supports their point of view.

It is funny when people think that a travel agent is the same as a handpicked National Security aide, I guess that is how we got Trump as a President. A marginal CEO is like a marginal President.

It is also funny to see “well the Clintons did it” defense when the Republicans are supposed to be above all that.

I am surprised that people that have nothing good to say about Hillary think it is OK for the First Lady to act just like Hillary…

Well, Bill and Hillary were the guests of honor at Donald Trump’s third wedding. I think he was a Democrat at the time, or in the Reform party with David Duke. Flip flop; it doesn’t matter with the base.
I don’t see the so-called whataboutism (from either side) as “that guy did it, so my guy can do it too”. I see it as pointing out hypocrisy.

Why be critical of Melania when Hillary did the something similar? And to criticize those who pull the whataboutism card, is hypocritical in itself since both sides do it.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don’t see the so-called whataboutism (from either side) as “that guy did it, so my guy can do it too”. I see it as pointing out hypocrisy.

Why be critical of Melania when Hillary did the something similar? And to criticize those who pull the whataboutism card, is hypocritical in itself since both sides do it.

Well, I didn’t like when Hillary did it back in 1993 but then, I didn’t like pretty much anything Hillary did, going all the way back to her first time as Arkansas first lady.

The President's wife is the President's wife. If she wants to fire people, she can fire the people on HER staff.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
First ladies have voiced their strong opinions to their husbands since Eleanor Roosevelt. This is not a new thing. Reagan's wife certainly had a great influence on hiring and firing.

And yes, I think that this it is reasonable for her to make such a request. And because the president only takes advice while watching TV or social media, it was reasonable to make the case publicly.

When did Michelle Obama do anything like this?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First ladies have voiced their strong opinions to their husbands since Eleanor Roosevelt. This is not a new thing. Reagan's wife certainly had a great influence on hiring and firing.

And yes, I think that this it is reasonable for her to make such a request. And because the president only takes advice while watching TV or social media, it was reasonable to make the case publicly.
You didn't answer my question, I asked the poster who said she did. I'm interested in what he was referring to.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It is funny...

It is funny...

It is also funny...
I envy your risibility.
So if you admit that, what's the point of your OP? We're just supposed to say "'What about' that darned Melania"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You didn't answer my question, I asked the poster who said she did. I'm interested in what he was referring to.

I didn't attempt to.

The thread is about the first lady. I posted to evaluate that action. It is somewhat irrelevant to me whether the last first lady did something similar.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a bit unusual for a First Lady to give a NSC staffer the boot....I wonder what her offense(s) was? Article states she was hand picked by John Bolton.

It's also been reported that John Kelly will soon get the boot, as well as DHS Secretary.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Apparently, the issue arose from the staffer not giving enough respect and deference to Melania as staff support on her Africa trip.

It's a bit unusual for a First Lady to give a NSC staffer the boot....I wonder what her offense(s) was? Article states she was hand picked by John Bolton.

It's also been reported that John Kelly will soon get the boot, as well as DHS Secretary.

• Useful
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, the issue arose from the staffer not giving enough respect and deference to Melania as staff support on her Africa trip.
From the article...
The confrontations included Ricardel demanding NSC staff have seats on the first lady’s plane during her trip to Africa last month, people familiar with the disagreements said.

• Useful
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well, I didn’t like when Hillary did it back in 1993 but then, I didn’t like pretty much anything Hillary did, going all the way back to her first time as Arkansas first lady.

The President's wife is the President's wife. If she wants to fire people, she can fire the people on HER staff.
Regardless of whether or not you liked Hillary, some who did will criticize Melania. And I didn’t mean to single you out. I just used your post to make a point.

Upvote 0