Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra announced on Tuesday that mega-church leader Joaquin Garcia and others associated with him face charges of human trafficking, production of child inappropriate contentography, forcible rape of a minor, among other felonies.

Becerra says Garcia committed the crimes between 2015 and 2018 while leading La Luz Del Mundo, an international religious organization headquartered in Mexico with over one million followers reported worldwide.

Garcia's bail was set at $25 million.

Full story

• Informative
Reactions: crossnote

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra announced on Tuesday that mega-church leader Joaquin Garcia and others associated with him face charges of human trafficking, production of child inappropriate contentography, forcible rape of a minor, among other felonies.

Becerra says Garcia committed the crimes between 2015 and 2018 while leading La Luz Del Mundo, an international religious organization headquartered in Mexico with over one million followers reported worldwide.

Full story
Bail is too low
Crimes are too high
He belongs in prison
forever

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bail is too low
Crimes are too high
He belongs in prison
forever
He should be found guilty first before lifetime incarceration, but I agree, the bail is like a drop in the bucket.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Full story

It might be helpful for all to have the added context that Joaquin Garcia, and his church, is "non-trinitarian." ;) I'm not sure to what extent that might 'mean' something in the wider scope of consideration, but hey! There it is! Either way, I do so hate Organized Crime.

La Luz del Mundo - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0