Results are only viewable after voting.

MadFingerPainter

in His hands
Jun 12, 2006
KS
✟18,077.00
Faith
Baptist
i generally don't. i don't feel comfortable enough to do so. i've done it in the past & it wasn't a good idea. if it were a group of us it might be ok. but 1 on 1 just isn't something i can handle. unless i'd maybe known them online for a really long time & talked to them on the phone & stuff.

Upvote 0

thekwizzitiveone

Check out the pictures of my handmade books! :)
Aug 11, 2004
My house! :)
Visit site
✟3,799.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Meeting internet friends is SCARY. Mostly because I think people can be whoever they want online and they don't have to worry about other people finding out that that's not who they are.
I don't think it's SO much like that here, but I still think that I'm even a little bit different online... I think that because I don't have to see a person's reaction when I say something, I feel more free to say what I think... I'm a lot shyer toward strangers in real life...

Upvote 0

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
I've met a few people.... the meetings have gone well but after that it just goes down hill. I think it's cool to meet them though.

I think for me the only real rules are we talk on the phone first and then meet in a public place. That's really it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WhereHeLeadsMe

Jul 31, 2006
✟15,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ive met people from the interent before. It doesnt bother me so much but thats because im a boy. As a girl though, i'd definitely be cautious and never meet anyone except for in a public place. There are alot of creeps out there but there are some good guys too :)

Upvote 0

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I met some cool girls when I was blind dating. I made some wrong moves on some good ones, but just getting the dates was fun. Back when online dating pools were new, you could get a date each week. The funniest date I was on, the girl seemed so appauled at my 74 rusty and beatup Nova that she didn't talk to me the whole time we went out to eat at Olive Garden and the drive back. I didn't talk until half way through the date either though.

I did meet someone special once through chance luck on an online game, and were still talkative even though she married someone else.

I'm all for meeting people IRL that I meet online. If my car wasn't broke down, I'd ask if any attractive girls wanted me to drive out and meet them. LOL.

Upvote 0

2LivIsChrist

May 14, 2004
✟9,287.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, I don't. I've only met one person online. I only talked to her a few times, and it was by accident that we met. We ended up going to the same concert that was at my church. We talked just for a little bit, but we never kept in touch. Anyways, I don't think i would feel safe meeting someone from online. But if I happened to be in the same area as they were, and we happened to meet, then I guess its cool. Kind of like what happened with me and that girl that I met at the concert.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godssong

Veteran
Sep 4, 2006
Florida
Visit site
✟8,865.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I met some cool girls when I was blind dating. I made some wrong moves on some good ones, but just getting the dates was fun. Back when online dating pools were new, you could get a date each week. The funniest date I was on, the girl seemed so appauled at my 74 rusty and beatup Nova that she didn't talk to me the whole time we went out to eat at Olive Garden and the drive back. I didn't talk until half way through the date either though.

I did meet someone special once through chance luck on an online game, and were still talkative even though she married someone else.

I'm all for meeting people IRL that I meet online. If my car wasn't broke down, I'd ask if any attractive girls wanted me to drive out and meet them. LOL.
lol...and that's sad she was so appalled at your car! Well, at least it showed where her heart was! ;)

Upvote 0

Nautica

Pleasing to Him shall be my theme
Aug 3, 2005
✟15,515.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do,and have.Some good some not so good. I am still friends with a girl I met on another forum and she came here to vacation.It's 5 years now.

I hope to meet a girl that is a member here also from Colorado and we talk on yahoo or we've celled now.
I met one guy off the internet and that was such a downer. He turned out to be so odd and so clingy I gave him the boot.
It's a scary thing and I am glad you began this thread!

Upvote 0