Meditation on 2 Corinthians 10:3-6

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Though we live life in a physical body, we do not make war against the physical world.

The weapons we fight with are not physical, but they are strong weapons that come to life through God.

These weapons pull down non-physical strongholds.

These weapons tear down thought patterns and memories, and everything that sets itself up as being better than God's knowledge.

These weapons take hold of each thought, and brings them all to be obedient to Christ and not to the doctrines of men.

These weapons are at the ready to destroy all disobedient thought patterns, once you have matured far enough in your obedience to the knowledge of Christ, and not to the doctrines of men.

Feel free to add your own meditation on this passage.

Reactions: Tigger45

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, this is saying that what is in our minds can be controlled in God's good way. And I think this fits with how >

"the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (in Philippians 4:6-7)

I think all of us have had some sample of how being calm can effect how we are thinking and seeing something. Worry is a pathological lier!! But in even human calmness, possibly we have seen how our approach to things can be more reliable.

So . . . how even better we can do in God's peace and how He has us seeing things and thinking in His peace!!! And His peace and His love are not separate. We, I hope, have had experience with how love can have us seeing and thinking better than how we might think and react during worry.

So . . . the battle is not first in how I need to deal with and talk to a problem person. First, I need to be still and trust God to win in me, so I am in His peace with His love, then discover how He has me seeing people and things, and discover how our Creator makes me creative to love each and every person.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is about emptying ourselves of all wrong so that the spirit that is wrong can be replaced and God's Spirit can come to life in those parts of our lives. Hebrews 4 talks about this entering into His loving truth as entering into His Rest and warns us that God's word will split wrong in our spirit and in our hearts. (Hebrews 4:12-13) like He separates the sheep from the goats.

Wrong life dwelling in us needs to go. Be it life in dishonesty, arrogance, pride, greed, envy, lust, perversion or guilt, shame, regrets or fear, bad life always lies to us about the truth of God, ourselves or our neighbour, while God's good life speaks after the truth and in the truth and sets us free from our bad life - time and again.

All glory to The Name above all names. Jesus!

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Coming as it does in II Cor it is about the fact that we are not obliged by the deceptions the superapostles foist on us, and that we can strengthen our position to the extent that they lose out by losing their hold on us.

By "deceptions the superapostles foist on us" I mean:

- depriving us of Holy Spirit belief
- depriving us of belief in the gifts of the other
- divide, rule, control
- legalism
- intensity

Been there several times, so I have inside insight.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2:16) I can take every thought into obedience. This serves me well because I also know:

Eph. 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Of course my flesh is always in a battle with my spirit (gal 5:17).

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" II COR 10:5

We take every thought captive with God's help. Some may think they can't. But if it wasnt possible, it wouldn't be in God's Word that we can. We replace the thoughts which are against Scripture and replace them with Scripture such as:

We think about our past sins But when we confess and repent, He forgives us (Luk 24:47, I John 1:9, Rom 10:9-10) and. God chooses not to remember our past sins We can accept His forgiveness, we can forgive ourselves - He has.

Last edited:
Upvote 0