niceguy4jesus

Mar 9, 2016
SERBIA / USA
✟7,635.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Im going through some awful medication withdrawal , im depressed, angry, anxious, irritated, feeling worthless...

im thinking starting going to church to get help from God because I don't want to take medication anymore, i rather deal with things naturally...

please give me some words of wisdom, and maybe how do i find the right church for me, that is near me here...???

Journey.In.Grace

Daughter of the One True King
Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
First and foremost, pray!! Open your Bible and read God's word. This is the only way we can begin a relationship with Him. Finding the right church is a difficult task. Start by searching on Google for churches nearby you and see which ones you would be interested, and then go and see how you like it. Philippians 4:6-7 is the verse that fits into your situation, I feel. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Pray! I cannot express enough how important that is. Pray about everything and anything, especially when you are feeling certain feelings. When you are angry, pray. When you are depressed, pray. When you are anxious, sad, irritated, worthless, PRAY. Give it to God. He will take care of you.

The only advice I can give you, and I feel others would suggest it as well, especially those with more wisdom than I, is to pray and read the Bible, because its the only way we can begin our relationship with God and hear His words. Begin searching for churches nearby you and see which ones to go to.

Upvote 0

Oliveira1997

God's Daughter
Mar 8, 2016
Lisbon
✟14,081.00
Country
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im going through some awful medication withdrawal , im depressed, angry, anxious, irritated, feeling worthless...

im thinking starting going to church to get help from God because I don't want to take medication anymore, i rather deal with things naturally...

please give me some words of wisdom, and maybe how do i find the right church for me, that is near me here...???

Just pray and give your worries to God. He will guide you, just be patient.
Better days will come!

Upvote 0

niceguy4jesus

Mar 9, 2016
SERBIA / USA
✟7,635.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
me and my friends been praying a lot for me this past few days

well most of my bad withdrawal effects are gone now

feeling great without junk medication

now i will deal with my depression naturally : ) and with God's help of course

thank you all for the replay i appreciate it, yall have a good day now

Upvote 0

HarvestTheFields

Great White North
Mar 7, 2016
Indiana
Visit site
✟14,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
me and my friends been praying a lot for me this past few days

well most of my bad withdrawal effects are gone now

feeling great without junk medication

now i will deal with my depression naturally : ) and with God's help of course

thank you all for the replay i appreciate it, yall have a good day now

I am glad to hear that most of your withdrawal effects are gone. I pray that you'll continue to find comfort without the need for junk medications.

I think I remember you saying that you're in Texas, so I'm sure there is no shortage of churches for you to look into joining. Which type of church are you looking to join? Maybe it's best to try out a few churches, and see which one makes you feel the most at home.

I used to go to a huge church, but I was unable to build relationships with anyone due to the superficial setting. We ended up going to a smaller church with only 70-120 people, and it truly feels like a family. To each their own. I hope that you can provide updates for us as you continue to find a church that suits your needs.

I wish you all the best!

Upvote 0