Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahahaha politicians forcing tears is so ridiculous, I love it.

Watching Boehner is right up there with listening to Biden's gaffes for me. Watching him cry is so ridiculous it's hilarious :p

Upvote 0
C

conamer

I've actually never said anything like that about Limbaugh or Beck, but thanks for making generalizations. The fact is, companies who sponsor radio and or television shows have every right to pull their advertising when they don't agree with message that has been said and don't want it to reflect on their company. Pepsi has fired musicians before for getting into trouble and they didn't want that associated with their product. Companies can do that on both sides regardless of if it's a Republican or a Democrat they're pulling their advertising from. It's within their rights to do so. To force companies to endorse and sponsor someone they feel did something that reflects poorly on their company is what's "un-American."
I never even addressed you on this. Do you know who did say those lovely things? *Snicker*, no one is trying to force anyone to do anything. Libs love to mention sponsors who have left without thinking that others are coming in. If it makes you feel better to believe he is finished, good for you.:D

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I never even addressed you on this. Do you know who did say those lovely things? *Snicker*, no one is trying to force anyone to do anything. Libs love to mention sponsors who have left without thinking that others are coming in. If it makes you feel better to believe he is finished, good for you.:D
With Limbaugh, as with a local rightwinger who had issues with backing into a car outside a gay bar after tossing back a few and using the restroom several times, the amount of PSA's sure did increase. ;)

Upvote 0
C

conamer

Funny, I see conservative groups trying to "shut up" what they view as "liberal" programs all the time. From the American Family Association with their boycotts of sponsors of TV shows they don't approve of; Focus on the Family boycotts of companies such as Procter and Gamble, Wells Fargo, Kraft, Walgreens, and others because they believe those companies support gay rights; etc.

If anything, conservative groups try to organize boycotts at least as often as liberals, if not more. There was boycott of Disney for close to a decade by the Southern Baptist Convention and other conservative groups.
No, they don't try to shut them up. They aren't media types. They want them to be neutral, not promoting homosexuality.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No, they don't try to shut them up. They aren't media types. They want them to be neutral, not promoting homosexuality.

Oh please, you know as well as I do it has nothing to do with neutrality.

But anyway, what THEY want the businesses to support isn't the issue. I thought businesses had the right to support whatever they want?

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Umm... no. In most of these cases, they didn't want homosexuals having equal benefits. In Disney's case, it was because they had "gay days" at their theme parks, just like they have various church days, company days, etc.

In other cases (the AFA boycott of Ford is a great example) it was just because they were advertising in a gay magazine -- which makes it exactly like targeting Limbaugh (they wanted to remove funding for media).

I do believe your double standard is showing.

Upvote 0

purpledolphin8402

Feb 10, 2010
United States
✟8,406.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

When did I say I thought or believed he is "finished?" Maybe you should lose the attitude and gain reading comprehension skills...

Upvote 0

purpledolphin8402

Feb 10, 2010
United States
✟8,406.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Yep, because the whole reason JCPenny's chose Ellen DeGeneres was because they wanted to promote homosexuality. It had nothing to do with the fact that she has a popular talk show whose target audience is also the same consumer target for their store...:doh:

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Yep, because the whole reason JCPenny's chose Ellen DeGeneres was because they wanted to promote homosexuality. It had nothing to do with the fact that she has a popular talk show whose target audience is also the same consumer target for their store...:doh:

And the commercials are HILARIOUS :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Rush Limbaugh is the spirit of America. He is the wellspring from which all that is American flows. He's also very sensitive and mustn't have any mean things said about him or it'll hurt his feelings :( :( :(

?? Limbaugh's feelings are hurt?? He sure doesn't sound like it. Where did you get that from?

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
As for the topic at hand, I don't see the problem. Limbaugh's assault on Fluke was un-American, and Republicans tend to boo anybody who believes in the Golden Rule, so an eye for an eye, as they always say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Media Matters is doing the lord's work....

Dang, I gotta lay off the coffee when reading at this place. That one almost made me choke. Let me clean up the mess, and I'll be right back.

(I'm hoping maybe Jack Lord is somehow involved with Media Matters, and that's what you meant.)

Upvote 0

purpledolphin8402

Feb 10, 2010
United States
✟8,406.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As for the topic at hand, I don't see the problem. Limbaugh's assault on Fluke was un-American, and Republicans tend to boo anybody who believes in the Golden Rule, so an eye for an eye, as they always say.

Yeah, I thought it was ironic how they always claim to love Jesus, yet booed when asked to live by his message.

BTW, I used to go to Chattanooga all the time when I lived in Dayton years ago.

Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Since it obviously went over your head, HE WAS KIDDING.

Yeah. His comment was so profound, so deep, so heavily layered with satire and irony, that it was totally indecipherable for the average man not steeped in such sophisticated matters.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yeah, I thought it was ironic how they always claim to love Jesus, yet booed when asked to live by his message.

They booed the idea that the Golden Rule should be used to formulate foreign policy, as Ron Paul suggested. It just wouldn't have worked if we gave unto Hitler as Hitler would have us give unto him.

FDR: "Emperor Tojo, I have decided to conduct our foreign affairs based on the gospel. Jesus says that if someone asks for your tunic, give your cloak too. You want Hawaii? No problem. Tomorrow you can have Oregon."

Upvote 0