Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know I ask a lot, but i'm asking again for intense prayer for me and my husband. Things are getting dire, all we need is a job for things to greatly improve. My husband is lower than i've ever seen him. Thank you all much more than you will ever know.
in Him, Leslie

Reactions: buttercup2000

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Leslie, you are such a sweet person. i am crying while praying for you. Jesus is interceding. keep the faith, dear one (i know you do!). He will bring some work or income for you. praying very much in the dear name of Jesus.

Romans 16:27 to the only wise God be glory for evermore through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Reactions: covenantwmn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tuolumne

Oct 21, 2008
✟16,171.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I know I ask a lot, but i'm asking again for intense prayer for me and my husband. Things are getting dire, all we need is a job for things to greatly improve. My husband is lower than i've ever seen him. Thank you all much more than you will ever know.
in Him, Leslie

I am praying for you and your husband. I was in, what sounds like, a similar situation about a year ago so I know how hard it can be. I know this is a prayer thread and not a place to solicit advice, and forgive me if this is an idiotic thing to say, but have you guys tried fast food restaurants? I know it sounds completely obvious but you'd be surprised how many people who are on a serious job hunt like "find a job or live in a cardboard box" totally disregard the idea of working at a fast food restaurant. I know the older you are the more of a hit to your pride it can be, but when it's do or die, as it sounds your situation is, it can be a great way to bring in money to at least pay a couple bills or for food or whatever. When people are looking for a job, a lot of times it seems they are only looking for "THE job" and tend to overlook anything that they are overqualified for...and especially way overqualified for. But I'm telling you, it got to the point for me that I just had to bite the bullet, swallow my pride, and take a job at McDonald's while I continued my search. I didn't make a whole lot, obviously, but ANY money coming in is better than NO many. I sucked it up for a couple months...worked swing shift so I could still job search during the day, and before long I got hired on at the company I had been trying for. Anyway, you might have already tried this but I just thought I would throw it out there in case you hadn't really considered it. Fast food restaurants are almost always hiring, at least where I'm from. I wish you all the best of luck though and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Upvote 0

iamjcs

Dec 19, 2005
NE Alabama
✟2,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Leslie, I am praying for you & your husband fervently, with great expectations of our loving Heavenly Father + adding you to my daily prayer list. :pray:

:idea: If you would like help finding a job, please pm or post okay locations & possible job fields.

Upvote 0

covenantwmn

Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Leslie, I am praying for you & your husband fervently, with great expectations of our loving Heavenly Father + adding you to my daily prayer list. :pray:

:idea: If you would like help finding a job, please pm or post okay locations & possible job fields.

We are looking almost anywhere in Oregon, Bend, Corvallis, Eugene, Portland, Medford, the coast, Roseburg and Salem. Every day I look in our local paper, Craigslist, indeed.com, careerbuilder.com, monster.com, flipdog.com, snagajob.com, roberthalf.com, etc. Thanks a bunch, specially for the prayers, they mean everything right now.
in Him, Leslie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.