Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
McCain managed to remain honest and decent regardless of his differences with others.

He gave his health and freedom for his country. He would have given his life.

May God bless and keep him.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
McCain managed to remain honest and decent regardless of his differences with others.

He gave his health and freedom for his country. He would have given his life.

May God bless and keep him.
Requiescat in pace.

I didn’t always agree with him, but I had a lot of respect for him. My prayers are for him and his family.

http://time.com/5179302/john-mccain-dies/

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
He lived a long life, but It's always sad when an otherwise healthy person dies of cancer.

Revelation 22:17,20
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I love Senator John McCain. He was a true patriot. Somebody with a lot of grit. He had an eventful & honorable life. I feel mixed emotions about his passing. Relieved on one hand on account of how he was 81, in plenty of pain from brain cancer. Sad on account of how I'll surely miss him. He was great. I hope he's already enjoying heaven. I am praying for his family.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I love this drawing so much

mCCain.jpg

doesn't matter what side of the isle you are on, you cannot deny his service to this country, his sincerity, and his conviction of belief.

If all of our politicians were like McCain, I feel that 80% of our problems would be solved...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How absolutely fitting it is that he will be eulogized by TWO presidents, one from each side of the isle...

What a sad and gentle irony, that even in death he continues to serve our country by getting both sides of the isle to come together, even if, for just a little while...

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
WASHINGTON — In the Senate chamber on Monday, John McCain’s desk was draped in black and topped with a vase of white roses. The majority leader, Senator Mitch McConnell, rose to praise Mr. McCain as a colleague and hero who “spotlighted many of our highest values.” Outside, an impromptu memorial took shape as the flags over Capitol Hill flew at half-staff.

In only one building in Washington were Mr. McCain’s legacy and achievements greeted with anything like ambivalence: the White House.

President Trump, under enormous public and private pressure, finally issued a proclamation of praise for Mr. McCain on Monday afternoon, two days after the senator’s death, and ordered the flag to be flown at half-staff seemingly in the only place it wasn’t already, the presidential complex.

The day had begun with the remarkable sight of the flag flying atop the White House’s flagpole, while just beyond the building, at the Washington Monument, others fluttered midway down the poles that circle the obelisk. The president stubbornly refused repeated requests from officials as senior as Vice President Mike Pence and John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff, to acknowledge Mr. McCain’s death with a formal and unifying statement, according to four administration officials who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe private conversations.
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/mccain-dies.8078865/#post-73110590

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
I think it is unfortunate to die with bitterness in your heart towards another person.
He hated a lot of people. He did many terrible things with the power he had and said things that would be impolite to quote at this time. There's a reason we all need Jesus. None of us will earn our salvation, but we can earn a legacy of serving Christ with our lives.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
McCain, before he died, forgave the people who imprisoned and tortured him. Like all of us, he needed Jesus. It's telling that he had learned to imitate Jesus in his own life.

And that's all we can say about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
He hated a lot of people. He did many terrible things with the power he had and said things that would be impolite to quote at this time.

Are you talking about McCain or Trump?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is unfortunate to die with bitterness in your heart towards another person.

It is indeed. Fortunately I don't believe for a second that Senator John McCain died with bitterness in his heart towards another person. Trump has fully proven the decision to exclude him from Senator McCain's funeral to be extremely wise with his egocentric behavior this week. Senator McCain's final letter was one showing no bitterness. He's being eulogized by President Bush and President Obama, his 2 former opponents. If Trump dies like he's lived he'll die with a heart full of bitterness towards a whole lot of folks, which is indeed unfortunate. All we can do is pray for Trump.

Upvote 0

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
He hated a lot of people. He did many terrible things with the power he had and said things that would be impolite to quote at this time. There's a reason we all need Jesus. None of us will earn our salvation, but we can earn a legacy of serving Christ with our lives.
If he did all that he did for his own glory, he is likely in trouble with God. But only God knows his motives.
I remember there was something about the Obamacare repeal tht I didn't like and maybe McCain didn't like it either but now I can't remember and at one point I was starting to think maybe it wasbetter than letting O-care stand... but McCain put an end to that.. and some commentator implied he did so in revenge against Trump (for insulting him). If that is so.. I would not say that was what a true lover of Christ would do... but of course there is no way to prove his motives (unless he stated them clearly which I have not heard he did)

• Agree
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.