Not open for further replies.

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Not so, Bloomberg if you read his quote, was not even certain there was a God. I am quite certain of the existance of God, none other than the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
'You are parroting him in the way both of you are sure in what you say.

Did what he said offend you? If not, why not just let the man believe he is going to heaven if there is a heaven?

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
'You are parroting him in the way both of you are sure in what you say.

Did what he said offend you? If not, why not just let the man believe he is going to heaven if there is a heaven?

He as is evidenced by his comment is not sure. He did offend me, but not because what he said offers any personal offense to me, but I am offended by those who take God lightly enough to think he will work with them on their terms. I personally doubt I'll ever have any ability to in any way influence anything Mr. Bloomberg says, but if I read his comment and see the error, why not comment on its error, I think that is one aspect of these forums.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Everyone is granted access to Heaven if they accept Jesus and god in their lives, and live a good life. Repentant for sin, etc. Have you forgotten the basics of Christianity or..?

That is mostly accurate, however salvation is not predicated on living a good. Living a good life is a result of salvation. You can get a good life through salvation, you cannot have a life good enough for God without salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Forest Wolf

Magical And Blessed
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg was interviewed by the New York Times this week. His comments about heaven at the end of the interview are attracting some attention. In reading them, I can only hope he isn't serious. If so, I really feel sad for him. Here's what he said:
It would be better for his already stained reputation as an advocate for the nanny state if it weren't a serious report.

Upvote 0

gamewell45

Jul 1, 2011
Upstate NY
✟15,310.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg was interviewed by the New York Times this week. His comments about heaven at the end of the interview are attracting some attention. In reading them, I can only hope he isn't serious. If so, I really feel sad for him. Here's what he said:

Bloomie is certainly entitled to his views; the nice thing is that we don't have to agree with him. :)

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He as is evidenced by his comment is not sure. He did offend me, but not because what he said offers any personal offense to me, but I am offended by those who take God lightly enough to think he will work with them on their terms. I personally doubt I'll ever have any ability to in any way influence anything Mr. Bloomberg says, but if I read his comment and see the error, why not comment on its error, I think that is one aspect of these forums.

Of course you may comment!

I get the impression that you feel that there are terms for getting into heaven, as you put it, and that you are aware of what they are. Is being aware of the terms one of the terms?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

That is mostly accurate, however salvation is not predicated on living a good. Living a good life is a result of salvation. You can get a good life through salvation, you cannot have a life good enough for God without salvation.

Amen. Sadly, there are false converts within the Church because of the water-downed, compromised modern Gospel of "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life," which purposely omits any mention of God's Law, His hatred of sin, Judgment Day or the reality of hell.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
staff edit.

The topic of this thread is how to achieve salvation. And even Christians who consider themselves conservative don't agree. A lot of very sincere folks believe that if you willfully refuse baptism into the Catholic Chuch, and observance of the sacraments, you'll be excluded from heaven. Do you believe that? And if you don't, why should anyone believe you are correct, and these others are wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Affliction

Jun 26, 2013
Connecticut
✟470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
He shouldn't, because the general idea of getting into Heaven still applies if you're Christian or Jewish, what have you :)

I disagree. Christians believe that Jesus Christ is God, and the only way into heaven. The Jewish religion does not recognize Jesus Christ as God, so there in no general idea which binds both religions together regarding entrance into heaven.

Upvote 0

Affliction

Jun 26, 2013
Connecticut
✟470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I disagree. Christians believe that Jesus Christ is God, and the only way into heaven. The Jewish religion does not recognize Jesus Christ as God, so there in no general idea which binds both religions together regarding entrance into heaven.

I disagree, as a whole - if you lead a wholesome life - in accordance with your MONOTHEISTIC RELIGIONS (This should be a big hint!!!) and their ideas and prospects of getting into Heaven, it's all very well intertwined :) I'm surprised it isn't clear as day to you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.