Ok
✟14,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Dear brothers and sisters, sometimes I think I get it all wrong. That my prayers are, basically, wrong. For example I pray for an improvement in the relationship with my son, but he is right in choosing to live by himself and far from us. This is my second marriage and my stepson is very toxic, so rather than creating problems ,my son went away. So my prayers are wrong. And I pray for my in laws to move here, so that we can take care of them (we cannot afford to live in California where they are) but they are constantly in touch with my husband's ex wife, so it makes sense they don't want to come: I am sure my husband and I are depicted constantly as monsters. So my prayers are, once again, pointless. I am praying to find a house near to my workplace, but it has proven useless so far. What if this prayer is wrong too? Maybe the Lord does not want me to have a house near my workplace after all. Sorry for the rant. But today I feel like my prayers are pointless, and maybe my entire existence is pointless. I am exhausted, I am in burn out, and I feel alone. Please pray if you can. Because I cannot. Thank you and may God bless you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear brothers and sisters, sometimes I think I get it all wrong. That my prayers are, basically, wrong. For example I pray for an improvement in the relationship with my son, but he is right in choosing to live by himself and far from us. This is my second marriage and my stepson is very toxic, so rather than creating problems ,my son went away. So my prayers are wrong. And I pray for my in laws to move here, so that we can take care of them (we cannot afford to live in California where they are) but they are constantly in touch with my husband's ex wife, so it makes sense they don't want to come: I am sure my husband and I are depicted constantly as monsters. So my prayers are, once again, pointless. I am praying to find a house near to my workplace, but it has proven useless so far. What if this prayer is wrong too? Maybe the Lord does not want me to have a house near my workplace after all. Sorry for the rant. But today I feel like my prayers are pointless, and maybe my entire existence is pointless. I am exhausted, I am in burn out, and I feel alone. Please pray if you can. Because I cannot. Thank you and may God bless you.
No prayer is wasted. Pray what you feel. God will handle the rest.

Upvote 0

labloomer

Oct 14, 2021
Perth
✟17,442.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dear sister praying is never in vain. To pray because you love those you pray for are always valid even if Satan makes it seem useless.

So i suggest you keep praying, just make sure you pray out of your love for these people, not your fears, worries or frustrations for them.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
God made you for his own purposes (not for your purposes). That should be something to be thankful for, considering your admitted ignorance of what is best.

You can trust him better than you can trust yourself. He created you for himself. This all depends on him. The Spirit himself helps us in our weakness, praying for us in groanings that words cannot express.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I see you attend Calvary Chapel - Can you find a prayer partner there you can agree in prayer with ??

I will be praying...

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Matt Yeomans

Nov 23, 2018
Beverly Hills
✟48,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 6:9-13
Jesus said, "You should pray like this:

Our Father in heaven,
Your name be honored as holy.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And do not bring us into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one."​

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Prayer doesn't change God's plans one tiny bit.
Prayer prepares you to see what God has planned for you and appreciate it.
There's nothing wrong with your prayers. Just appreciate the results instead.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus please help @CrystalTurquoise to chip away at their prayer life, with big and small prayers alike. I do not know what prayers may be right or wrong or if there even is such a thing as a wrong prayer, I think it doesn't hurt to pray Jesus to You and know that if it is something You want it will be done, and even if it is not immediately done it may not mean you do not want it to happen either. For even the message that was meant in answer to Daniel's prayer in Daniel 10:12 was delayed by the enemy. It took many days for him to receive an answer and this was to answer Daniel which had a whole book of the Bible written about him. Encourage @CrystalTurquoise with answers to prayers big and small and remind them you are with them, Jesus You and Your angels. In Jesus Name I pray Amen!

• Agree
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You are opening up your heart to God about your hopes and feelings. What you genuinely want. God wants us to be real with Him and He hears our prayers. I can't say my plans and prayers have always worked out exactly how I wanted it. And I thank God for that and have started praying that even though this is my desire, for His will to be done. Because Father knows best. He is always watching over us and cares for us.

Father, I thank You that You give strength to the weary. I pray for CrystalTurquoise, that she will not feel alone, exhausted or burned out. Please show her how you love and care about her, her prayers, and every dream and desire she has. Thank You that You love when we come to You with our genuine desires and concerns. Thank You for unanswered prayers, that You have a plan and purpose for our lives. Please remind Crystal of Your great love for her. Just like asking a parent, sometimes You answer yes, sometimes no, sometimes later, and sometimes in a different way. Praise You for who You are and Your perfect ways. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
When we’re feeling stressed out, as you seem to be for various reasons, then our faith is more challenged.

Here are a some prayers that may be helpful, and which I will pray for you too. First pray for the Almighty‘s will to be done whatever it is, as he has the best interest in mind for you. He knows everything and we don’t of course.

Second pray for understanding, for discernment, for wisdom to know what is going on and what you should do about it.

Next pray for peace and strength.

The Lord promises to lift the heads of those who feel down. Lastly claim that promise and ask him to lift your head, your spirits.
For my own personal experience, all of these prayers need to be repeated maybe on a daily basis.

Upvote 0