Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
It seems no matter where you reside in the UK, some form of election is going down on the 5th of May.

I though it would be productive to post a reminder.

I had written a load of stuff out, but I found these helpful little videos which cover it better than me:

I hope this reminder, and the information provided, proves useful.
So go vote. :)

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
So, are you guys finally getting rid of BoJo?
Ugh.
Not exactly.

No longer London mayor, sure.(Hooray)
But, and I hate to have to say it, but I'm about 75% sure he's going to replace David Cameron as our Prime Minister sometime between the end of the EU Referendum and the 2020 General Election. Unless another leadership candidate sinks him, which doesn't seem likely at this point in time...

BoJo, UK Prime Minister, our representative on the world stage...my apologies, in advance...

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Ugh.
Not exactly.

No longer London mayor, sure.(Hooray)
But, and I hate to have to say it, but I'm about 75% sure he's going to replace David Cameron as our Prime Minister sometime between the end of the EU Referendum and the 2020 General Election. Unless another leadership candidate sinks him, which doesn't seem likely at this point in time...

BoJo, UK Prime Minister, our representative on the world stage...my apologies, in advance...

Oh good grief. Is this because of Trump? Because he is Trump, down to the bumbling, the hair and the idiocy. The best thing one can say about BoJo is that he's not Nigel Farage, but honestly, I'm not sure which is worse.

I mean, I get that Corbyn is basically an accident waiting to be fixed asap, but surely Labour has got someone better than BoJo?

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Oh good grief. Is this because of Trump? Because he is Trump, down to the bumbling, the hair and the idiocy. The best thing one can say about BoJo is that he's not Nigel Farage, but honestly, I'm not sure which is worse.

I mean, I get that Corbyn is basically an accident waiting to be fixed asap, but surely Labour has got someone better than BoJo?
Unfortunately, he doesn't need to win a general election, he just needs to win the Conservative Leadership(after David Cameron resigns, which he said would be near the end of his second term) and he's been making the right noises for over a year.

He's popular among party members in politics and personality, and he's supporting an EU Out vote, which a majority of Conservative members support. He's going to use his prominent position in the EU debate to solidify his election as leader.
His leadership rivals do not seem to be giving him much trouble. Osborne might, once the actual race kicks off, but May and Gove both seem pretty good at making themselves unpopular.

Labour have been sharpening the knives for Corbyn since before he was elected. The Sun leaked a plot to remove him yesterday to stir party tensions and cost Labour a few percentage points. Not sure if the plotters wanted it leaked so close to the election, but either way, any lost support will help them remove Corbyn.

Also, I do think BoJo will win in 2020.
Boundary changes in the Conservatives favour, Labour continuing to struggle with it's identity and Brits still moving rightwards politically makes it pretty likely to me. Also...*Sigh* with Farage's popularity, it seems we like showmen...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
The polls are now closed.

The different elections will all take different amounts of time to count.
Most of the counts will be completed by tomorrow evening.
Northern Ireland and certain council vote counts will take the longest to complete, with estimates placing their completion on Sunday.

Also, sorry Antigone, I basically used your inquiring as a vehicle to complain about politics...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Also, sorry Antigone, I basically used your inquiring as a vehicle to complain about politics...

Eh. Knock yourself out. Baffled as I am by the success of the Tory Party, I get tired of American politics.

So, Sadiq Kahn, then?

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Eh. Knock yourself out. Baffled as I am by the success of the Tory Party, I get tired of American politics.

So, Sadiq Kahn, then?
Sadiq seems okay.
That's all I can say really.
His campaign was generic.

The Conservative party was trying to paint him as a Muslim extremist from day one, which backfired pretty spectacularly. Turns out the Muslim extremist that Sadiq was guilty of knowing, was a Conservative supporter who was active in the party and attended several fund raisers. Oops.

I'm glad it looks like Zac Goldsmith is going to lose. He was so bland and non-liked(too bland to be disliked) that the Prime Minister was having to attack Sadiq and promote Zac from the dispatch box at Prime Ministers questions just to get some positive media coverage.
He seemed to distance himself from his own campaign, I suspect because of the tactics they were using. I kind of feel sorry for the guy.

My vote, once transferred from Sian Berry, will probably be one of the ones to get Khan elected.

How's your politics going?
I think Wilders came up in the news here a while back, but I can't remember why...

Upvote 0