may 13th, Site Situation, management side of things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeekOne

Meek is not weak
Oct 8, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟59,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeap, Reps were fixed, unfixed.. i looked at the 50 cap, deactivated it... i suppose that will help, if not, Rep Daddy can help me...

for the Blessings Bug, it seems that something was modified today that i was not aware of... points are growing fast since the shutdown... will take a look, this is monstruous again.
Hello there! :wave: You may already know but reps are limited to giving only 40 at a time now and you cannot rep a person again once you've repped them. I don't know how it was for regular members, but site supporters could rep anyone as many times as they wanted as long it wasn't the same post. We did have a limited amount of 40 per day though. I miss that a lot. I know we have a ways to go, but thought you may want to know that. :)

Nexi, This may have been asked before, but I haven't found it.
Will we be able to report offensive posts?

Thanks!
The report button is desperately needed, there are many mods around, but we are not catching all the offenses as soon as they happen, and we need that report button back to keep the site as clean as we can. :)

Prayers go out to all who are working on getting CF up and running smoothly. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!
Absolultely! :clap: Thanks for all your hard work here! :clap:

May God bless your work here on CF! :clap:

Reactions: Tristan3
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reps are working very slowly using Internet Explorer but not all with Mozilla/FireFox

I just repped you with Firefox. It was a bit slow but the box came up and worked fine.

Now, it also gave me the option to go as high as 3381 points, not 40 like it had been doing. That's the option I selected, so if it worked properly your rep should have gone up by that amount.

I'm interested to know if it worked right.

Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟49,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I notified geocajun of the pass some around thing. That is a simple adjustnment I think.

I sure hope so, it would not let me rep someone I had not repped since yesterday and had repped like 15 since.

I'm not really complaining here, just venting, I do not like IE..Did I mention that I don't like IE. I want my Firefox or Opera (it does not work in Opera either.)

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Got the same message when I tried to Rep Snoochface...

:sigh:

Starmaker

I just repped you and the box came up, gave me the option of 3381 points again. Let me know if your rep # actually changed because, stupid me, I keep forgetting to check before I rep. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I sure hope so, it would not let me rep someone I had not repped since yesterday and had repped like 15 since.

I'm not really complaining here, just venting, I do not like IE..Did I mention that I don't like IE. I want my Firefox or Opera (it does not work in Opera either.)

In Firefox right click on the rep icon and select open link in new tab. This will work but is slow too.

Reactions: Spudgrandma
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Firefox right click on the rep icon and select open link in new tab. This will work but is slow too.

If they're creating the rep pages in the system memory before sending it to the user, this new rep system will kill the server.

Upvote 0

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟49,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Your not kidding, do the words paint dry ring a bell.

But, I managed to rep you for my full repability. :clap::clap::clap: And pushed you to 152 :clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Your not kidding, do the words paint dry ring a bell.

But, I managed to rep you for my full repability. :clap::clap::clap: And pushed you to 152 :clap::clap::clap:

If you do Tools, Page Info, what size do you get for the rep page ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.